2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Car Show

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 12:32 AM
swimmer07
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Show

ok so there is a Motorsports Authority Car Show in Conway, AR... i'm planning on going and i'm getting my friend to go with me (he will either bring his Audi TT Coupe or his '69 Mach I)...
any suggestions on how to prep?? this'll be my first show...

my car has quite a few paint chips in the hood and to big ones on the front bumper from where some dumb F*** leaned against the license plate holder and chipped it... but other than that and a few light scratches, that's the only thing wrong with it on the out side...

but any help would be much appreciated

Old 04-15-2008, 03:01 AM
djmagic
Record Breaker
Default RE: Car Show

wash it real good and possibly wax it if you haven't for a while. MAIN THING do not armor all the tires until you get to the show. Probally wait to wash the windows at the show. If you pop the hood shine the engine up and on the straches claybar. Also good luck

Old 04-15-2008, 04:32 AM
Freerider
Record Breaker

Good luck mang!

Take a couple days before the show and focus on one aspect at a time.

Clean up the interior, spend a good 1/2 to a full day cleaning, vaccuuming, wiping the interior glass (making sure to not get streaks ANYWHERE), get some good dash cleaner and do the dash (did mine today... mmmmmmmm looks newer than new), etc.

Then take the second day to wash, wax, clean the wheels, etc.

Just take your time, do it right, and make sure not to miss a spot. Judges judge hard.

If you have something to show off in the engine bay, better clean that WHOLE thing up...

You can shine the wheels, do a quick wipe-down at the show to get dust off, but get all that mainstuff before you take off.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:19 AM
swimmer07
Veteran

thanks for the help guys! dj did you say use a claybar for the scratches?? what is that?

Old 04-15-2008, 11:13 AM
djmagic
Record Breaker

the claybar i think it is what it sounds like, i used to work at the car wash and we would spray something in the spot with scracthes then claybar it. I know they sell a mothers claybar pack at walmart. Main thing though the claybar can only be used to take out light scracthes in the paint and some overspray.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:52 AM
swimmer07
Veteran

sweet, i appreciate it.. should i get "touch up" paint from the dealer and get the chips??

Old 04-15-2008, 12:20 PM
AirWolf

Well I have been into carshows for 3yrs now and this will be my 4th yr. My sxts taken 2 3rd places and 2 second places and last show 1st place. All I do is get a car wash day before and day off and clean the interior really good same day before and day of . Also shine my tires at the show and clean my rims day before and day of. Clean my engine bay at the show . I have a few scratches on mine but they dont pay attention at least my shows dont . My 1st show is may17th. I have to go to the bodyshop to get my rear bumper fixed and r/t sides painted and get my lip kit on and halo fogs. I already have got my black s style fiberglass lids they look awesome with my halos . Well goodluck swimmer . Your ride will do great the way it looks.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:34 PM
djmagic
Record Breaker

unless they are huge but don't worry about it i say

Old 04-15-2008, 01:34 PM
swimmer07
Veteran

ok cool.. thanks for the input

Old 04-15-2008, 01:38 PM
djmagic
Record Breaker

no problem, tell your buddy to take his mach 1 so you guys are in different classes

Quick Reply: Car Show