2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

All members - PLEASE READ

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 02:23 AM
j_son600
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: All members - PLEASE READ

Airwolf hope no offense was taken by my flip-flop wife story, just with all the flip-flop wife talk I thought back to when my wife got run over by my sandrail and went flip and then "FLOP". After about 4 hours when she could feel her legs again and walk, we both found it to be kinda amusing and figured I would share the story to kinda lighten the mood. It wasn't a bash against you, hope you didn't see it that way.[sm=sorry.gif]

Old 05-31-2008, 02:43 AM
N30N
Record Breaker

OMG you guys need to keep your SHI* in your toilet and flush it because its gona stink.what im saying is im kinda new here and i think if someone wants to be stupid and wrong then just let em.i mean i think its funny when people makesilly comments about how their intake is hooked up to a leef blower.arguing is stupid so like he said we have to move forward...so keep it in drive.........unless you have a stick(LOL)

Old 05-31-2008, 03:53 AM
djmagic
Record Breaker

Devils i hate to say it but this whole airwolf thing is going pop up again, heck since i returned from my leave, which was maybe in november and december it has shown up twice. I agree with the old saying you have nothing nice to say don't say anything, but airwolf has asked for opinions and sometimes she took them negatively. And sorry guys i gotta add this little guy[sm=popcorn.gif].

Old 05-31-2008, 10:04 AM
AirWolf

I got nothing against any of you if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything is what Ive been wanting this whole time. Like I said my threads were going nicely even one of you was nice to me at the begining and now Im on your ignore list. If Im on your ignore list please just ignore me thats what the list is meant for. THanks to all of you who are understanding and see what Im going through now . Everyone talks about there ride on here and gives there op and I never said I had the nicest ride on here just the most different neon on here . J_son you didnt start the flipflop wife thing so we are ok. Im not wanting to start any drama anymore . I have been on here 4yrs now more than some of you and I have helped some of you out . Just remember that please.

Old 05-31-2008, 10:52 AM
KARR
Record Breaker

Ok. Well it seems everyone got what they wanted to say off their chests so I think we all can move on and stop talking about this. It seems like everybody made peace and there are no hard feelings so this thread should be closed. Lets all move forward and have some fun talking about our cars!

Old 05-31-2008, 12:11 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: KARR

Ok. Well it seems everyone got what they wanted to say off their chests so I think we all can move on and stop talking about this. It seems like everybody made peace and there are no hard feelings so this thread should be closed. Lets all move forward and have some fun talking about our cars!
+1.... made 4 reports already, ill make more if need be but im done with the angry posts just gonna report like i was told from now on, YAY!

Old 05-31-2008, 02:30 PM
AirWolf

Hey your the one who called me a lier and so have some of the rest so thats just as bad as me calling you guys idiots which I have said i was sorry for and you guys never said you were sorry to me. Derrick has read all my threads anyways that was before he pmed me ok . I was just telling whoever that you two started in with me and not all of this is my fault like you are saying it is. Was just saying my two threads were going nicely until you two had to make the drama in my threads . I was only trying to stand up for my ride and myself. Plus if you dont like me just put me on your ignore list instead of trying every little thing to get me banned and make sure you do ignore me unlike most dont do.

Old 05-31-2008, 05:31 PM
Exubus
Champion

Everyone hasn't quite gotten everything off of their chest, not me anyway:

First, Holly ---regardless of my severe lack of agreement with you on what you have had to say, I have never once posted a message on this forum, ever, or PM'd anyone on this forum, ever, asking or demanding that you be banned from the forum. I may disagree with you, but I'm not going to insist that something happens to you that is unfair. I understand that this is a public forum, and within moral reason people are allowed to say and post whatever topics or opinions they want. Regardless of my opinions, I haven't demanded that you just leave or be kicked off. I haven't PM'd you or personally threatened you or anything else, as everyone already is aware.

I agree with Devils to a point, and regardless I respect it. Obviously the proof is in the posts, yes, I was arguing too and at some points I just started bringing raw humor into it because the arguments were going nowhere, so I brought some levity to it and in some ways at the end, brought attention to myselfas well.

But now that a moderator has brought this to everyone's attention, I would like to civily recognize again my feelings on what has been brought up in this thread. I have belonged to other forums in the past under the screen-name "sheetmagnet," and from time to time have recognized other members here from other forums. I prefer this forum, due to the lack of immature people, the amount of people, and the amount of traffic on it that seems to produce so many different interesting topics.

Ignoring AirWolf is an option if we wish, but in the past I can see how that would a problem. Many threads have many comments by AirWolf. In a lot of cases, I thnk if I put her on the ignore list, several pages on here would make less sense simply because of her frequent posts... and if she wants to post a lot, that's her choice. I'm just saying that if she's posting in every other thread, and it generates a bunch of responses every time, I would hope that reading those responses wouldn't make no sense because we couldn't see the original post or topic from her that created the conversation, or shared ideas, or whatever.

On the other hand, I will vouch for Izero's opinions (and many others in the past couple weeks) because from what I have read, they are parallel with mine. I will not defend everything 100%, but I will re-iterate that my involvement in this started by feeling discriminated, put down, and yes, I felt and still believe/know now that much of what AirWolf was insisting at the time was false. I am referring to the area that we live in and commute in (AirWolf and I), which includes the Ames, Ankeny, Des Moines, and Altoona limits of Iowa. Combined, these areas are in a tri-county area and all included there is well over 1,000,000 people there. The comments about how she has not only one of the best cars around period, but one of the only Neons and no one goes to these carshows, is ridiculous. I see all of this with my own eyes otherwise, and it is drastically the opposite of what she was insisting. Instead of asking me where to easily find these people, cars, and shows (that she demanded telling everyone didn't exist here) she instead called me a liar and insisted that I was wrong. I satired her posts a few times, but I did not directly call her an "idiot" or any other "mean" name.

I could go on and on about her posts on here and reluctance to apologize, cool down her ego, prove her claims, or anything else. But I will go back to speaking for myself that I was disagreeing with her on what I know to be true, and what I believe is right. For the most part, I qas only arguing with snips of her own posts, because they were contradictive. I asked for proof, photos, etc., on other topics, but discounted the claims of it when they never came because of the negativity posed to myself and others here. I do not appreciate someone getting on the internet infront of everyone and putting down where I live, which included me and my Neon as well, putting down everyone else in the area, and putting down me and others on this forum. Like I said, I began by arguing and questioning with her own words from her own quotes, and asked for answers. Instead, I got "idiot," and way too many contradictive and supressive posts.

Also, I do not remember the last time I read a thread started by AirWolf that actually asked a question or someone else for help or advice. I do not remember the last time that I read a thread that did not get overwhelmed by numerous posts of things that were ego-driven and random to the thread, at least a thread that she didn't already create. I recall very few technical or maintenance related questions and answersto Neons on here either that she decided to share with others. However, I do agree that she is most definitely an enthusiast and this forum is very well open to that, as I agree it should be more than ever and encouraged. I understand that if we disagree, we can ignore it. But again, I just want to make my case that it takes just as much effort in some cases to ignore it, and with the frequency of her posts (4000+), many of them in the last year, it would be VERY hard to not only navigate around all of them if the effort was taken, but also navigate around everyone's replies. It feels like half the forum would become obsolete or disconnected at that point.

My point is, do I think she should be banned? No, and never have. Do I think that this forum gets FLOODED with tons of distracted posts (in the past, not necessarilysince the inception of this thread) by AirWolf that leaves myself feeling "beneath" her on here all the time because she insists upon it? Yes, almost every time I read one. And I have nothing to base this on, except the very context and tone of her words in her own posts, which is usually consistent in it's social self-placement. I agree that some VERY knowledgeable members with 5 stars have pointed out the obvious time and time again that her self-rhetoric and passionate claims needs to be toned down, as we have all seen. And I myself have not made a habit of arguing with her, not until 2 weeks ago when much of this came to a head. I cannot speak for everyone, and obviously many new members come and go with nothing good to say about themselves at all... and many come and go that have greatthings to say... but the point is, I think it just gets to a point that coming on this forum is pretty hard to enjoy for any enthusiast or anyone with a question when they are constatly getting talked-down-to, no matter what, and argued with by another member. It honestly would not surprise me to hear that many people voluntarily left here and didn't come back for this reason.

It wouldn't surprise me if I didn't return either. Yeah, I made some jokes about it at the end, but quite honestly, it was getting annoying and insulting, and ridiculus before it ever got out of hand, and I just am not one of those people that can put up with conversation that has no intention of a happy ending or care for other's opinions or feelings, not even on a general basis.If it gets bad enough again, I will ignore her. If that doesn't work for me, I'm outta here.

Old 05-31-2008, 07:46 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: ptschafer

Everyone hasn't quite gotten everything off of their chest, not me anyway:

First, Holly ---regardless of my severe lack of agreement with you on what you have had to say, I have never once posted a message on this forum, ever, or PM'd anyone on this forum, ever, asking or demanding that you be banned from the forum. I may disagree with you, but I'm not going to insist that something happens to you that is unfair. I understand that this is a public forum, and within moral reason people are allowed to say and post whatever topics or opinions they want. Regardless of my opinions, I haven't demanded that you just leave or be kicked off. I haven't PM'd you or personally threatened you or anything else, as everyone already is aware.

I agree with Devils to a point, and regardless I respect it. Obviously the proof is in the posts, yes, I was arguing too and at some points I just started bringing raw humor into it because the arguments were going nowhere, so I brought some levity to it and in some ways at the end, brought attention to myselfas well.

But now that a moderator has brought this to everyone's attention, I would like to civily recognize again my feelings on what has been brought up in this thread. I have belonged to other forums in the past under the screen-name "sheetmagnet," and from time to time have recognized other members here from other forums. I prefer this forum, due to the lack of immature people, the amount of people, and the amount of traffic on it that seems to produce so many different interesting topics.

Ignoring AirWolf is an option if we wish, but in the past I can see how that would a problem. Many threads have many comments by AirWolf. In a lot of cases, I thnk if I put her on the ignore list, several pages on here would make less sense simply because of her frequent posts... and if she wants to post a lot, that's her choice. I'm just saying that if she's posting in every other thread, and it generates a bunch of responses every time, I would hope that reading those responses wouldn't make no sense because we couldn't see the original post or topic from her that created the conversation, or shared ideas, or whatever.

On the other hand, I will vouch for Izero's opinions (and many others in the past couple weeks) because from what I have read, they are parallel with mine. I will not defend everything 100%, but I will re-iterate that my involvement in this started by feeling discriminated, put down, and yes, I felt and still believe/know now that much of what AirWolf was insisting at the time was false. I am referring to the area that we live in and commute in (AirWolf and I), which includes the Ames, Ankeny, Des Moines, and Altoona limits of Iowa. Combined, these areas are in a tri-county area and all included there is well over 1,000,000 people there. The comments about how she has not only one of the best cars around period, but one of the only Neons and no one goes to these carshows, is ridiculous. I see all of this with my own eyes otherwise, and it is drastically the opposite of what she was insisting. Instead of asking me where to easily find these people, cars, and shows (that she demanded telling everyone didn't exist here) she instead called me a liar and insisted that I was wrong. I satired her posts a few times, but I did not directly call her an "idiot" or any other "mean" name.

I could go on and on about her posts on here and reluctance to apologize, cool down her ego, prove her claims, or anything else. But I will go back to speaking for myself that I was disagreeing with her on what I know to be true, and what I believe is right. For the most part, I qas only arguing with snips of her own posts, because they were contradictive. I asked for proof, photos, etc., on other topics, but discounted the claims of it when they never came because of the negativity posed to myself and others here. I do not appreciate someone getting on the internet infront of everyone and putting down where I live, which included me and my Neon as well, putting down everyone else in the area, and putting down me and others on this forum. Like I said, I began by arguing and questioning with her own words from her own quotes, and asked for answers. Instead, I got "idiot," and way too many contradictive and supressive posts.

Also, I do not remember the last time I read a thread started by AirWolf that actually asked a question or someone else for help or advice. I do not remember the last time that I read a thread that did not get overwhelmed by numerous posts of things that were ego-driven and random to the thread, at least a thread that she didn't already create. I recall very few technical or maintenance related questions and answersto Neons on here either that she decided to share with others. However, I do agree that she is most definitely an enthusiast and this forum is very well open to that, as I agree it should be more than ever and encouraged. I understand that if we disagree, we can ignore it. But again, I just want to make my case that it takes just as much effort in some cases to ignore it, and with the frequency of her posts (4000+), many of them in the last year, it would be VERY hard to not only navigate around all of them if the effort was taken, but also navigate around everyone's replies. It feels like half the forum would become obsolete or disconnected at that point.

My point is, do I think she should be banned? No, and never have. Do I think that this forum gets FLOODED with tons of distracted posts (in the past, not necessarilysince the inception of this thread) by AirWolf that leaves myself feeling "beneath" her on here all the time because she insists upon it? Yes, almost every time I read one. And I have nothing to base this on, except the very context and tone of her words in her own posts, which is usually consistent in it's social self-placement. I agree that some VERY knowledgeable members with 5 stars have pointed out the obvious time and time again that her self-rhetoric and passionate claims needs to be toned down, as we have all seen. And I myself have not made a habit of arguing with her, not until 2 weeks ago when much of this came to a head. I cannot speak for everyone, and obviously many new members come and go with nothing good to say about themselves at all... and many come and go that have greatthings to say... but the point is, I think it just gets to a point that coming on this forum is pretty hard to enjoy for any enthusiast or anyone with a question when they are constatly getting talked-down-to, no matter what, and argued with by another member. It honestly would not surprise me to hear that many people voluntarily left here and didn't come back for this reason.

It wouldn't surprise me if I didn't return either. Yeah, I made some jokes about it at the end, but quite honestly, it was getting annoying and insulting, and ridiculus before it ever got out of hand, and I just am not one of those people that can put up with conversation that has no intention of a happy ending or care for other's opinions or feelings, not even on a general basis.If it gets bad enough again, I will ignore her. If that doesn't work for me, I'm outta here.
+1..... [sm=popcorn.gif]

I would say more but im busy reporting stuff....

Old 05-31-2008, 11:01 PM
AirWolf

Ok where did I say I was better than any of you or my ride was the best on here . I said it was right up there with the others with the lip kit on it and an sxt and black with the other veterans . Before neon on 19s or ricerchik or any of you others it was just low and mikey which we have simlular lookin rides . Some of you dont even read all my threads . You should before you get all bent out of shape about me read all what I write please. About Desmoines shows I never go local forgot to say that I go to like iowafalls and seymor and other places like them so Desmoine shows may have neons and other nicer rides than the little shows I go to. Not trying to cause any trouble sorry to the ones I have or youve been misunderstanding me .

Quick Reply: All members - PLEASE READ