2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

mustang gt or my lil neon

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 12:24 PM
pacmansxt04
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mustang gt or my lil neon

Which should i do turbo my neon or turbo/supercharge my gt? I want to turbo the neon cuz the import scene down here is intense u are able to get more runs than been a v8 domestic. Every time im in my neon i c oppurtunitys 2 run but i dont cuz my car aint fast enough. Basically the way i c it is theirs more action been a tuner than a v8 power house. Its adifficult choice 4 me. Turbo stang sounds sweet aswell havent heard bout one yet down here.

Old 06-16-2008, 01:19 PM
mat663
All Star
Default RE: mustang gt or my lil neon

I guess you can go with turboing the neon because there are more people into tuning around your area. if you turbo the v8, i dont think anyone will pay attention to it so i dont think it's worth but it.

but then again. the 4 cylinder SOHC neon engines aren't biult to handle the extra power from turbos unless if you build teh engine from top to bottom or get an engine swap. Which model neon do you have and what engine? i wouldn't risk turboing it if it was a SOHC. Dohc maybe though.

Old 06-16-2008, 02:36 PM
pacmansxt04
Rookie

my engine is a sohc

Old 06-16-2008, 03:32 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Please god..... keep the neon stock and drive it daily.... then mod the crap outa your GT.... make it a low 10's car and you will be very very happy ... also just a side note, if you turbo'd both the GT would be much faster than the neon so yea... keep that in mind... no replacement for displacement ya know?

Old 06-16-2008, 04:18 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

u turbo the gt u can have a 12 sec car with not that much mods done to it. to get the same out of ur neon, might as well pull the block, turbo it, pistons rods,and well.... do what i am doing.... what year stang???

Old 06-16-2008, 05:48 PM
pacmansxt04
Rookie

my stang is a 2000. I want the stang turbo'd but i c no action when im cruising and lookin for action.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:48 PM
mmench
Captain

trust me.. wen people find out you have a turbo stang they will come for you and want to add you to their win list. do like a sts style turbo on the stang. nice and simple and loads of power to boot

Old 06-16-2008, 11:46 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

my stang is a 2000. I want the stang turbo'd but i c no action when im cruising and lookin for action.
when people here a bov they tend to want to mess with u alittle more...

Old 06-18-2008, 04:59 PM
lblackneon
Champion

ORIGINAL: dtjackten

u turbo the gt u can have a 12 sec car with not that much mods done to it. to get the same out of ur neon, might as well pull the block, turbo it, pistons rods,and well.... do what i am doing.... what year stang???
I agree ^^^^^
12 second car easily with less money.
If u turbo the neon with stock internals, you'll just barely be faster than your GT.

Old 06-18-2008, 06:44 PM
Exubus
Champion

I agree with just about everyone else here. Turbo the GT... plenty of potential there, and thestock bottom end of the 4.6 in the GT can handleup to 700 hp stock... not sure about the trans or independant rear linkage, but you can abuse it a lot more and get away with it a lot easier than you can with one of our Neons... Besides, if you turbo the Neon, you'll be getting heat from SRT4s, Accords, Civics, S2000's, etc etc. Turbo the 'stang, and you'll have Vettes,Vipers, and Supraswanting to play... I'd rather beat a Vette or a Supra any day over a Civic.

Quick Reply: mustang gt or my lil neon