2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Synthetic motor oils

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 12:20 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have seen several tests. They have a micropolishing "element" in the oil that helps keep the metal surfaces smooth which = less friction.

Here's some info from their site:

• Will synthetic oil cause my engine to leak? Properly formulated synthetic oils will generally not cause an engine oil leak. Synthetic oils possess a higher degree of natural solvency, which can clean and remove deposits left by previous oils. The removal of extensive oil deposits can expose marginal or damaged oil seals, which may then leak. If an engine currently has excessive oil consumption (i.e. greater than 1 quart / 1,000 miles) the recommended course of action is to solve the oil consumption problem before switching to a synthetic.
Synerlec, Royal Purple’s proprietary, additive lubricant technology, is the cornerstone of RP's entire product line. It creates an ionic bond that adheres to metal parts to provide continuous protection even at start-up and strengthens the oil to provide unparalleled performance and protection.
Royal Purple’s film strength is up to 400% stronger than other oils. High film strength prevents contact between metal parts and improves sealing inside the engine for more complete combustion and dramatically reduced wear. Improved combustion creates more power, better fuel economy and reduced emissions.
Royal Purple remains on the metal surface long after ordinary lubricants would have been squeezed out by pressure and heat. It actually improves engine surfaces by responding to increased pressure with increased viscosity until the metal peaks (asperities) undergo deformation and flow into the low spots. Over time, the metal surface becomes extremely smooth and can even develop a mirror-like surface.

Old 09-16-2008, 12:33 AM
N30N
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RP does that...
well other FS oils do that also

Old 09-16-2008, 12:47 AM
smallblockfreak
All Star

They did a test and brad-penn is the exact same as royal purple. They are tied for first place but since brad-penn is from pa and that it's green they have my vote.

Old 09-16-2008, 01:00 AM
N30N
Record Breaker

i dont know which FS oil is better...i mean how can you really tell.
im running on Mobil-1 FS and i mean what RP is just cleaner or does it have more additives

Old 09-16-2008, 01:23 AM
smallblockfreak
All Star

I just know that brad-penn and royal purple protect an engine better than any others don't know exactly why and i doubt they will tell because it's their secret to be better than the rest.

Old 09-16-2008, 01:29 AM
N30N
Record Breaker

i think people just think that...
its 7 bucks a quart so you know they're banking

Old 09-16-2008, 09:39 AM
smallblockfreak
All Star

Alright, we have two hemi drag cars. We use brad-penn on them. You do understand these cars do not have radiators. They get hot quick and you need the oil to critically help at that point. If the oil doesn't do its job when it gets hot you just threw a rod at 9,000 rpms and there goes your block, crank, piston. I use valvoline in the neon because it's just a street car but if i was turboing it and everything it would have brad-penn. If you put conventional valvoline in the hemi drag cars you can say good bye to your 10,000 dollar block.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:00 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by N30N
RP does that...
well other FS oils do that also
Not according to the testing that has been done. Also, as stated already, just because it is synthetic doesn't mean they all do the same thing.
i dont know which FS oil is better...i mean how can you really tell.
im running on Mobil-1 FS and i mean what RP is just cleaner or does it have more additives
The tests that have been done; and to be truly honest, Mobil-1 isn't really that great of an oil compared to other synthetics. RP is right there with Amsoil. If you want the best synthetic oil, pick one of those. I first switched to Amsoil in my Mustang when I wanted synthetic, but now go with RP because I get it cheaper and the tests that I have seen put it up at number 1. I'm just a big RP fan now and am switching all fluids over to RP when I can. Search the internet for Royal Purple Oil versus Mobil-1.
i think people just think that...
its 7 bucks a quart so you know they're banking
I get RP for $6.30/quart with free shipping Works for me and I have the comfort of knowing I have the best!

Old 09-17-2008, 12:38 AM
N30N
Record Breaker

LOL thanx guys

Old 09-17-2008, 12:48 AM
Exubus
Champion

I still have a past gripe with RP, and haven't touched the stuff in years now because of it. Maybe if I get a bug up my ***, I will change my mind and try again...

Quick Reply: Synthetic motor oils