2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Srtgtr34's Audio & lighting Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 03:09 PM
srtgtr34
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KARR
Nice. Where did you get your LED's from? Also where did you get your 6x9's from?
Autolumination.com, ebay. I have the 3rd barke light led installed along with the license plate led. One of the 48 led lights fell into the tail light housing so I have to take it off to get it out. And dam the guy who put these tail lights on the car forced the back up whites into place so we'll see if I can get them all done tomorrow.

Old 12-17-2008, 12:45 PM
srtgtr34
Record Breaker

So I get everything installed today, well not everything but I was so close.
I got the rear back up lights in and 1 48 led tail light because 1 is not functioning properly and failed in 30mins. (I already e-mailed autolumination about it and well see what they do).

Here are some pics of the tails, the left tail light has the led's in it and right is stock.

Here are some with both sides in the same pic:

And I did get a pic before one of the 48's failed:

The third brake light is alot brighter than stock its just that its not noticeable with the stock housing but I plan on getting a clear housing soon.

I have some pics of the reverse led's:
lit up:

This is a pic of them when they aren't lit up. Now I don't know if you can see how tight the fit was but their is about 1/8 of an inch from the 3led's on the end to the tail light housing, If any one replaces them, they can't be any larger than 52mm long.

And last but not least we have a close up of a 48led tower. These fit perfectly as described and if autolumination had a longer size I would have bought that one because I still have about another inch of clearance.

I also realized from these pics how scratched up these tail lights are maybe one day I'll replace them too because the left one has chipped a little.
Once I get the other led and a new relay I will put a video up.

Old 12-17-2008, 02:58 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

LEDs look good. Do you have the super fast blinker now because of them? I believe you have to get a heavy duty flasher to avoid that problem. I used to have LEDs everywhere but I had a MFS fail and I didn't have the time/patience to correct the problem.

Old 12-17-2008, 03:15 PM
srtgtr34
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by LowSlowNeon
LEDs look good. Do you have the super fast blinker now because of them? I believe you have to get a heavy duty flasher to avoid that problem. I used to have LEDs everywhere but I had a MFS fail and I didn't have the time/patience to correct the problem.
Only the right side flashes fast because thats where 1 of the led towers is. I had a stock light bulb fail the day before I installed them so I have to have 1 and 1 for now. I am in the process of finding a match for the neon right now for a new relay so the blink rate will be the same as stock.

Next is the front of the car.

Old 12-17-2008, 03:19 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

You might want to look on the site that you purchased the bulbs from because I know LEDs draw less power then the regular bulbs do which part of the reason they flash twice as fast. LEDs also caused my multifunction switch (MFS for short) to fail. I had to replace one because I believe you need a heavy duty flasher to make it work properly. I blew numerous fuses in the time as well. It was a couple years ago so I don't know if they made some bulbs now that don't require a flasher, but you may want to look into it if you haven't already. Just a friendly warning......

Old 12-21-2008, 08:07 PM
srtgtr34
Record Breaker

Well I sent the "faulty" 48 led tower to autolumination and they said it was fine, eventhough it didn't work on my end. So they are sending me another 48 led tower, hopefully this one will work....

Old 12-24-2008, 05:52 PM
srtgtr34
Record Breaker

I got my replacement led tower today but I won't install it till friday. Night pictures and a video will be up then.....

Edit: just got an email from vamp, and my red film for the odometer and the blue led for the drefroster is now on its way.

Back on topic with this thread, unless something unexpected happens I will be making my order mid january or febuary for most of the components to finish the speaker/ amp part of my audio project. I hope to have enough money by march to buy the sub/ amp part to finish my audio project.
I would really like to finish my led and lighting conversions first.

Last edited by srtgtr34; 12-25-2008 at 08:23 PM.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:17 PM
srtgtr34
Record Breaker

Today I did some ordering of my own and the I have all new lighting coming for the front of the car.

Which includes:

Bi-xenon kit 6k from vvme

From autolumintaion we have:

2x 48 led front turn signals/ parking lights
Check these lights out they are very interesting they are called switchback.

http://autolumination.com/switchback.html

2x 5led amber lights for side markers
These are basically the same light style as I got for my instrument cluster except these are much brighter.

3x #74 led bulbs for center console until I figure out how to get my other leds wired up for it. they are the super stars and the color is super white.

Tell me what you guys think.

Video will be up tonight with the rear leds on the neon functioning. I will be calling up my local dodge dealer soon to order a 2004 mfs relay to do the mod that nighthawk on 2gn did to fix the fast flash.

With this order that puts me just a quarter above $360 bucks for exterior and interior lighting.

Last edited by srtgtr34; 12-26-2008 at 01:41 PM.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:06 PM
srtgtr34
Record Breaker

Night pics + video are here:

Hope those help lilsparkplug, this camera doesn't really take good night shots. For example it doesn't pick up the light that reflects off the ground from the license plate led
And here is the link for the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htAcgIeVrjI
as you will hear my car really doesn't like to go in reverse on the first try.

Old 12-26-2008, 07:45 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Looks good, the reverse lights are super bright.

Quick Reply: Srtgtr34's Audio & lighting Thread