2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

srt with a salvage title.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 01:55 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default srt with a salvage title.....

so i have found an srt in my town with a salvage title, and was wondering what they r going for? they guy is asking 5800. says it runs and drives good, but i see the headlight and bumper front do not line up well at all.... it is an 04 so i know it has lsd, and it also have the srt seats..... i honestly was thinking about buying it if i could get it cheap enough and parting it out??? i could use all the brakes and seats and what not in my car... or just buy it and drive it... what do u guys think? what is a good price to offer him????

Old 06-22-2009, 02:30 PM
whtdoesitmatter
Captain

seeing as how ecoastauto.com wants like 4.7k+ for all their wrecked srt's thats not too bad. Considering theirs all have rear QP damage... does it say why its salvaged or was it fixed already? If it was fixed already theres always the chance of running into problems down the road, you have no idea who fixed it and how, especially if you can notice things not lining up on it... so who knows how the frame/wiring/motor/trans and axles are...

Old 06-22-2009, 04:53 PM
dtjackten

thing that makes me want to just part it out is that the body work does not look like it was done by a professional, paint is ran on the rear quarter, and doors and headlight, along with bumper do not match up right.... makes me alittle leary. but to turn and part it out, that would be another store to make a few extra dollars for the build up on my car, and pull what i want to off of that one????

Old 06-22-2009, 04:54 PM
Captansavaho
Captain

offer him low and see what he says..worst that can happen is no then you come back with a higher offer if you really want it

Old 06-22-2009, 05:18 PM
Kabnoot
Professional

I'd say offer him 3400-3500. Thats what I've been seeing wrecked SRT-4s go for.

Old 06-22-2009, 06:59 PM
whtdoesitmatter
Captain

yeah but you have to look at whats partable and how much you can get for it verus the price of buying the car

Old 06-23-2009, 08:09 AM
dtjackten

the car runs and drives, just a matter of either fixing it right, or just parting it out.... i was thinking if i could sell get it for 4000 i could turn and make some money on it, along with get parts for my car, brake setups, seats, exc. and even do an engine swap in a first gen if i decide to do something like that, i have been reading alot online that tells me to stay away from these cars, that is why i am thinking parting out may be the best option

Old 06-23-2009, 11:24 PM
contagious19
Champion

do it

Old 06-25-2009, 02:26 PM
dtjackten

well after doing some resurch and talking to the banks, it is hard to find a bank that will give u a car loan on a salvage car... because they want full coverage on a car, where the insurence company will not allow full coverage on a salvage car. so i am still doing some investigating but it is not looking good, i was hoping to have the car and turn part it out and make some money on it, but as it sits now it is not looking good

Old 06-25-2009, 10:15 PM
mannyfresh18
Veteran

Originally Posted by dtjackten
well after doing some resurch and talking to the banks, it is hard to find a bank that will give u a car loan on a salvage car... because they want full coverage on a car, where the insurence company will not allow full coverage on a salvage car. so i am still doing some investigating but it is not looking good, i was hoping to have the car and turn part it out and make some money on it, but as it sits now it is not looking good
well yeah i can see how getting a loan for a salvaged car can be hard. but if u do end up buying it just hit up the neon forums and ebay. go to 2gn.org if u havent already discovered that website. im sure someone on there would want parts from it or maybe even the entire salved srt.

Quick Reply: srt with a salvage title.....