2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

transmission problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 05:28 AM
DJMaxSmart86
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry transmission problems 2003 Neon SXt

Hi,

My car started with a p700 code,then later that night (5 days before Christmas) my transmission totally went. The part that pisses me off is that I had JUST gone over
my 80,000 mile mark which was when my powertrain warantee ended. I had the car towed to my dealer and had to talk to Chrysler and see if they would do a "good will" repair since
it was 134 miles over my 80,000 mile mark. Back in '06 my transmission coolant line ruptured causing antifreeze and transmission fluid to mix. The dealer charged me my $100 deductable but they should have checked the actual transmission as well. They didn't.
I'm told now that the transmission clutch plate (no idea what that is) is bad.
Well, Chrysler will NOT cover the current repairs and now I'm stuck.
I've been out of work for over a year and now I have no car to look for work.
I JUST paid the damn car off in November (bought used in '04 with just over 26K on the odometer) and now I have to figure out what the hell to do.
I can't afford the cost of the repairs and I can't afford payments on a new/used car either.

Thanks a lot Chrysler!!! Way to Go!! I'll never buy a Chrysler product ever again!!

Old 01-17-2010, 06:15 AM
DJMaxSmart86
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Re: Transmission problems

Hi,

Well, I am oficially without a vehicle. My '03 Neon SXT had the same problem (P700 code)
and when I went to Auto Zone the diagnostic code came up as Transaxle Control Module
problem. I had just hit my 80,000 mark and later that night after putting another 134 miles
on my car the transmission went out completely. I had it towed to the dealer and the dealer had me call Chrysler to see if the would do a "good will" repair since it had just gone over the 80,000 mile mark (when my powertrain warantee ended). Well guess what...they won't cover it (needs new clutch plate) and now after paying the cost of labor (for the transmission teardown) and the tow I'm stuck with a car I just paid off (in November) but can't drive. I can't afford to have it rebuilt (at least $1,200) because I'm currently out of work. Well I know one thing...
I'll never buy another Chrysler product again...not after this fiasco.

Quick Reply: transmission problems