The Black Stig
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought a 2000 neno

Thats right pround new owner.

5 Speed

Drives Good!

Questions.

1. Short through shifter, Which one? Is the ones ebay Okay?

2. Is the Shift **** a Screw on?

3. Smaller sterring wheel? WTB, And How to install (I'm 6'5 adn 280lbs it's alil in the way)

4. What do you think of this catback? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

5. I order a repair manual for my car, but in any case what should be change? I plan on spark plug and wires + trans fuild(What and how much), I Will ask the guy I'm getting it from for clutch fuild flush.

6. I paid 1250 for Good deal? the car looks fansatic for it's age an miles
I was told that it was a lot of high was mostly high way miles.
(Pics).

http://claspics.com/346/264381/12627...JPG.php#browse

I Will be swapping capret pretty soon and getting seat covers and some good ruber floor mats so It will be looking real new on the inside soon

Old 01-12-2010, 08:04 AM
The Black Stig
Rookie

Moring Bump, and yes i know i spelled Neon it wrong

Old 01-12-2010, 02:59 PM
Captansavaho
Captain

1. maddog STS best way to go = http://www.maddogsts.com/

2.think its held on by a hex screw on the side of the shifter head

3.not sure about the steering wheel..get a nice quick disconnect sparco!

4. try a local shop..got my exhaust done form catback for 200 with 2.5" piping and dual tips..look around...but thats not a bad choice either

5.do you know what has already been changed/replaced..timing belt and stuff like that

Old 01-13-2010, 02:27 AM
The Black Stig
Rookie

Originally Posted by Captansavaho
1. maddog STS best way to go = http://www.maddogsts.com/

2.think its held on by a hex screw on the side of the shifter head
T/y

3.not sure about the steering wheel..get a nice quick disconnect sparco!
I'd take i need a sterring wheel puller right?....Agh....

4. try a local shop..got my exhaust done form catback for 200 with 2.5" piping and dual tips..look around...but thats not a bad choice either.
Not around here shops are crazy expensive.

5.do you know what has already been changed/replaced..timing belt and stuff like that
Not really I plan to replace alot of stuff because of themiles.... And you mean timing chain right DO i really need to reaplce that? Any good place to get a good Ring set?
Read the quote.

Old 01-13-2010, 02:42 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Have you looked around using Search Tempest for a used, but good quality exhaust? Just because it's used doesn't make it bad.

Yes, the timing belt really needs to be replaced at the correct mileage. If not, you will be doing an entire top end engine rebuild when it breaks.

Old 01-13-2010, 03:25 AM
The Black Stig
Rookie

I will look into the belt.

Honesty I don't do used parts.... But It looked like a good product in the picture it was stainless and had good welds. I did question the muffler but wth...

If you guys are really saying No I Will look elsewhere...

Is it hard to change the timing BELT? I'm a 12volt tech by trade so....
I'm waiting on my manual and booger bushings so till then...

Old 01-13-2010, 12:18 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

I'm not saying no, I'm just getting at there are better options for the price. Your money, your call.

I don't believe the belt to be "hard" to change, just a long process. I know every step to do it, but I am still considering just paying someone to. The one thing that would make it difficult is the timing marks cannot move.

Old 01-13-2010, 01:32 PM
The Black Stig
Rookie

Originally Posted by darthroush
I'm not saying no, I'm just getting at there are better options for the price. Your money, your call.
Originally Posted by darthroush

I don't believe the belt to be "hard" to change, just a long process. I know every step to do it, but I am still considering just paying someone to. The one thing that would make it difficult is the timing marks cannot move.

In theory If you loosen the belt tensioner you should be able to just slip it on... I will just have my friend help me do it, He's a tech at a Chevy dealer plsu he as all the Cool tools

From what I've searched

I need...

A water Pump (Just RTV or should I get the gasket,also will all of the coolant come out too? )

Belt

2004+ tensioner (And i should cut a hole in the plastic for the new one right?)

Engine Struts(are the called something else at auto zone?)

Am I missng something?

Oh and I'm getting refurb fuel injectors too, I talked they guy(he's from ebay). I soaks them in an ultrasonic tub full of solvent(I'm assuming it's ether). And he adds new seals, In either case he told me 17.50 per injecotr and he will give a $20 core exchange too.

Good deal? I seen a few of his pics the look very clean on the port sides, still can tell it was once used but thats a good thing casue that means he's not doctering his pics

Old 01-13-2010, 05:40 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by The Black Stig

In theory If you loosen the belt tensioner you should be able to just slip it on... I will just have my friend help me do it, He's a tech at a Chevy dealer plsu he as all the Cool tools
True, it's just getting there that seems to be the pain. I'm not super positive on it as I haven't actually done it yet.

From what I've searched

I need...

A water Pump (Just RTV or should I get the gasket,also will all of the coolant come out too? )
You have the manual? I'd just follow what it recommends. Looking at the Dodge shop manual, they say to apply di-electric grease to the new o-ring before placing it into position and the way they describe it, it seems it should have a gasket to be used.

Belt

2004+ tensioner (And i should cut a hole in the plastic for the new one right?)
I don't know about upgrading the tensioner, though there is a thread around somewhere about it.
Engine Struts(are the called something else at auto zone?)
Only need 'em if they are broken. The proper name for them are the upper and lower torque struts. The thing you will want to look at while doing this job is the actual motor mount. It's the one bolted to the frame/body directly across from the timing belt cover. This will be the only time where you can actually see if it is broken or worn or not. Me, even if it weren't broken, I'd replace it. You are in there already, might as well. Better than having to take everything apart again just to replace it later. Removing the mount is like the last step before taking the timing belt cover off. They are less than like $30.
Am I missng something?
Um, water pump and timing belt kit. Should be it unless you are going to do the mount.

Oh and I'm getting refurb fuel injectors too, I talked they guy(he's from ebay). I soaks them in an ultrasonic tub full of solvent(I'm assuming it's ether). And he adds new seals, In either case he told me 17.50 per injecotr and he will give a $20 core exchange too.

Good deal? I seen a few of his pics the look very clean on the port sides, still can tell it was once used but thats a good thing casue that means he's not doctering his pics
I personally wouldn't mess with the injectors if they work fine. I have heard that Neon injectors shouldn't be cleaned, though some have had it done and they work fine. I don't know about pricing on something like that.

Where are you getting your water pump/timing belt kit from and how much?

Old 01-13-2010, 07:56 PM
The Black Stig
Rookie

Okay I'm super relived, I found A TON OF matince records in the glove box.
The timing belt was reaplce at 100,000 Miles and then agina a$ 122,868 along with the water pump(whixh is why i'm assuimng it was replaced) and just other stuff.

Overall I'm very happy !!!

Quick Reply: Just bought a 2000 neno