2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

What do I need to get to make my R/T dual exhaust louder?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 06:38 AM
nippondrifterae111
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What do I need to get to make my R/T dual exhaust louder?

Quick question do you believe on putting 2.5 inch piping cat back exhuast will improve my hp on my neon , if so thats what i will get next for my neon?

Old 05-21-2005, 07:06 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your best bet for your exhaust is to first get a nice header for it. A high flow cat will help as well, no cat would be far louder but it will reduce your backpressure too much resulting in a slower car. Finally, cap it off with a loud muffler of your choice, Flowmaster 40 series is very loud and shouldn't sound like a ricer.

Old 05-21-2005, 10:32 PM
AirWolf

I may go with a aem intake and keep my r/t and if I were going to get anything else it would be a srt4 exhaust they are way cheaper than any of the exhausts you mentioned and I asked a guy that has one on his 5 speed sxt from a scale of 1 being the quietest and 10 being the loudest what would he rate it on his sxt he said a 6-7 and he said it doesnt sound like a ricer lawnmower more nice deep tone to it. I may just have to either keep it or sale my r/t to you groundcontrol I can try the srt for while and if i dont like it I can put back pn my r/t and sell the srt to groundcontrol. How does that sound. just wanted to know if a intake will help any with horsepower I should have some gain I know not alot cause of the computer. Which to you is better lookin the r/t or the srt exhaust they are both dual and both have nice tips which is bigger.

Old 05-22-2005, 11:28 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Definately get the CAI, it will bump up your power a bit as well as your gas mileage. It will also give it a nice deep and loud sound when you really give it the gas, the CAI roars nicely and sounds great, you'll love it. The only problem is that your gains are limited since there are no performance PCM's made for the 2000-up Neons to take full advantage of these mods. And if you haven't already, get the MSD Super Conductor plug wires if they make them for your engine, they will improve your exhaust note making it deeper and louder while giving it more power, smoothing out the idle and increasing the gas mileage. If MSD doesn't make them for your engine, then get another brand of high performance wires.

Old 05-22-2005, 02:54 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

Hey nothin wrong w/ sounding like a RICER LAWNMOWER!!!!!![:@] My exhaust sounds like that when I romp on it damn fart pipes... but I like em and they actually help anyhow. MAGNAFLOw exhaust and AIRMASS header, Maybe I just need to s/u custom piping to get a different sound when I floor it.

Old 05-23-2005, 06:19 AM
nippondrifterae111
Professional

Mine doesn't like that at all, it's more deep untill i hit about 2750 rpm's they it hits it's optimal hp gain till like 5500 rpms. it sounds really great and it back fires really loud, sounds like gunshots, loud ones. It has a ricey sound feel, but not like a fart can, more like a ferrai sound but a little deeper and louder backfire.

Old 05-24-2005, 12:57 AM
morningpride
Veteran

Plug wires make your engine sound smoother?????

I must have missed something....

Old 05-24-2005, 01:22 AM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

Im guessing he means better efficiency from the plug allowing car to run smoother w/ less ruff idle and better firing capability maybe w/ controlled archlength and spark efficiency. I can see where it helps but not quite as noticible to some people outside other then the driver. This has a lot to do w/ tone more than loudness factor so at idle its more the humm/perr that you hear then with acceleration. Helps w/ ignition timing as well. Thats why people go out and buy full ignition systems and coils rather then just the plugs and wires.

Quick Reply: What do I need to get to make my R/T dual exhaust louder?