2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

What do I need to get to make my R/T dual exhaust louder?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 12:36 AM
AirWolf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do I need to get to make my R/T dual exhaust louder?

Im thinkin about just keepin my R/T dual since its just as nice and cool lookin as the srt exhaust. Probably better for my sxt anyway. I just want to know what would make it a bit louder gettin a intake help anything else. Everyone has been backing out on me or taking me on every srt exhaust. My setup now looks awesome so you guys were right afterall.

Old 05-19-2005, 01:08 AM
GroundControl
Veteran
Default RE: What do I need to get to make my R/T dual exhaust louder?

well id say sell it to me. i want the r/t muffler lol. Keep it if ur just going for looks otherwise id go with a performance exhaust made for your car. like borla/passetter/vibrant/ ect. The srt probley wont do much and be loud as hell. I herd it on a non turbo neon befor and it was really loud even with a glasspack. Just some sugestions

Old 05-19-2005, 02:34 PM
orion96325
Rookie

get a cai and that will add some intake noise, and a little power also. just don't get one of those cheap "hot air intakes" from ebay that cost $10 and 50 to ship[:'(] the iceman cai looks nice and they are plastic.

Old 05-20-2005, 12:39 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Run it without a muffler. It will be loud, I've ran mine without a muffler, it was loud. Surprise surprise. But seriously, louder doesn't necessarily mean more power. So I don't know why you're so concerned with being loud. Just leave it how it is and be done with it.

Old 05-20-2005, 05:37 AM
nippondrifterae111
Professional

remove ur cat and get racing headers. my **** stupid loud and back fires like a *****. And im running 2 inch piping straight through to magnaflow muffler single exit. Plus you can feel the hp gain and hear and feel the difference between 2500 rpms and 5500 rpms. Single exit is better in my opinion for regular sxt's, shoot if i had a srt-4 t i'd run catless, with 3inch piping cause it's turbo too a single exit muffler.

Old 05-20-2005, 01:03 PM
SlowAssNeon
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just uh, hope you dont get pulled over and have the cop check for a cat... since its a pretty huge fine.

and trust me, if your car is pretty loud, they can and WILL check for a cat. ive had it happen to me a few times already. thankfully, i have one. random tech bullet cat

Old 05-20-2005, 03:40 PM
GroundControl
Veteran

yea i got pulled over 2 times for my exhaust. dame troopers.

Old 05-20-2005, 11:50 PM
morningpride
Veteran

You guys don't get it do you???

Little 4 bangers need some backpressure.

Those loud, huge exhaust systems do not help your horsepower. Fart cans DO NOT help horsepower.

A SRT-4 exhaust will kill your horsepower, and your neighbors will want to shoot you.

The R/T exhaust will give your SXT an extra added boost, and will not **** off your neighbors. plus it looks good.

if you have it, keep it.

Old 05-21-2005, 12:42 AM
nippondrifterae111
Professional

He speaks the truth! Im rollin on stock 2 inch piping with a magnaflow single exit muffler, obx racing headers with downpipe and catless. it is the better gain in hp plus im getting the perfect amount of back pressure. I had r/t and srt-4 and borla dual exhaust on the racing headers and catless, but i didn't feel the same umph than with single exit muffler with stock piping. The srt-4 and r/t were like 2.25 and 2.5 inch piping, but it killed my hp gains overall and th ironic thing is the single exit muffler and stock piping is actually louder then those exhausts, plus it has a stupid amount of loud back fire.

Old 05-21-2005, 02:37 AM
SlowAssNeon
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

heh. i find the "little 4bangers need backpressure" comment to be pretty funny really. i guess this is why gains are found when running an exhaust cutout after the header?
provide some DYNO PROVEN proof that the 4banger needs "backpressure"

its not backpressure thats needed.. its keeping the exhaust scaveging and velocity at optimal levels. thats not backpressure.

go ahead and do some google searches on backpressure.. lets see whatcha come up with. betcha find a bunch saying "myth"

but yeah, louder does not always equal faster.. that i will agree on. however, with a properly designed exhaust, gains can and will be found.

Quick Reply: What do I need to get to make my R/T dual exhaust louder?