2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Cold Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 02:39 PM
SXTspeed
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by earlyre
you should be good. if i put my head under the fender, and look up like i'm looking @ the back of the side marker light, or underside of headlamp, the filter is right there. exposed to the world..if i pull the driver's headlight, there she is. and besides, you want it in the airflow.
I'm assuming it is the standard cone type filter? k&N sell what they call "dry chargers" basically a fine mesh stocking that slides over your filter, with a hydrophobic (Water Fearing, as opposed to hydrophyllic, or water loving)coating. Can be helpful if you live in an especially rainy, or dusty environment. K&N Link : http://www.knfilters.com/search/wrap.aspx
^^ This is correct. The filter charger (mesh sock) is to prevent moisture from being sucked through the filter into the intake as well as provide protection for bigger dirt particles. Now this won't allow you to drive through floods by any means. If you see a large puddle SLOW DOWN. Better safe than sorry. Also, K&N didn't include a small hose clamp with mine so I had to go to home depot and buy one for $1.40. The filter is also connected onto the intake tube with a clamp if I remember correctly. On a rare occasion the filter can detach from the intake tube if you hit a bump hard or something so just be aware of that. No big deal really though because it hardly ever happens.

Quick Reply: Cold Air Intake