2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

03 neon sxt FRONT FACE

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 09:49 PM
DorianM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 neon sxt FRONT FACE

Just got into an accident, I rear ended someone and my right face got most of the damage. The left face side is good. I have looked at it and this is the damage, the top of the radiator is cracked, also the radiator got pushed back and is like 1,2 inches away from touching the intake manifold. Also the Metal(if you open the hood there is that hole that holds the hood close)that holds the radiator got pushed back and hit the power steering reservoir. The hood got bent. I dont know what to do I want to sell it but i dont know how much i would get for it, or should i fix it,?

Old 08-26-2011, 03:13 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What does insurance say?

Old 08-26-2011, 11:41 AM
chronoboy
Rookie

My wife rear ended somebody in the neon and did the same damage almost to the tee as you did, but it was on the left side and it also took out the power steering pump and destroyed the left side headlight, and fender, the damage was pretty bad to the front core support, so I was in the same boat as you and as far as resale of it in the condition its in you won't make much off it unless you part it out piece by piece.

So after six month of staring at it in my car port my wife said sell it or fix it, and since its not a daily driver it wasnt worth paying 1600 for a pro just to fix it back to stock, and that qoute was useing a lot of the old parts just repairing them, so I decided I would pull it into the garage and give it a try myself, so the first thing to do is pull the front end apart take the bumper cover off the headlights, radiator most Likely you'll need to pull off the right side fender matters how bad the core support looks after you pull the bumper cover off, now if your air bags didn't deploy then all your damage was most Likely higher then the actual metal bumper under the cover, so most Likely the frame is good but I would still inspect it, now once you have all this torn apart this is where a speed square measuring tape and a level come into play, oh ya and a chilton or another neon to take measurements off of, unless the damage is to much to beet back straight, so it should only take you a hour or so to strip the front end down to assess the damage and once you do that and you think you can fix it yourself let me know cause I have a picture journal of my step by step process from a pic of it after the wreck to what it looks like now, and with me doing the work myself it only would of cost me 400 to get it back on the road looking like it dis before the wreck minus a paint job but that price was for a brand new hood, bumper cover, passenger fender, new radiator, and new halo projection headlights, oh ya and a new power steering well and pully, of course I ended up putting a lot more money into it but that was a lot of after market parts I didn't need, I just did it since I already had the car torn apart on jack stands.

So anyways if you want you can add me on Facebook and I can run you through a step by step picture process to get it back to what it was and I can give you numbers of places to get good prices on parts, I spent a month just shopping around for te best deals on parts, and you can probably fix yours for cheaper since it don't sound like your damage is as bad as mine was, plus you can get the top plastic well on your radiator replaced, that's what I was going to do until I found a deal on a radiator for a brand new one with a 2 year warranty for only 20 bucks more then it would of been to have it repaired. So if I where you I would give q shot in repairing it yourself, if once you start and you think its to much for you then sell it, its not like you are going to hurt it anymore then it is, plus sounds like you didn't have full coverage on it if your asking on here about fixing it, anyways name is Gary knight if you want to add me on face book.

Old 08-26-2011, 05:53 PM
xarkhun
Rookie

some frame damage is hard to detect even with everything torn apart my suggestion is to find out if there is a local communitty college that has an auto collision repair program and take it to them they should be able to messure it with tram guages if not a laser measuring system and if need be pull the frame to as close to factory as they possably can and it shouldn't cost you to much we did a 02 neon of one of the students that had been hit in the front and rear ended and all it cost him was a pizza then all you have to do is replace the parts that need to be replaced just a thought from a former auto collision student you may even be able to take it back there and get it painted for a decent price too

Old 10-02-2011, 09:36 AM
vicsponjr
Rookie

I bought my daughter a Neon SXT that was in a front end collision. Replaced the passenger side fender, headlight assembly, bumper cover. Fixed the fuel leak. New battery, plugs, wires, air filter. Put new tires on it. I figure I was into it for $2500 for an '05 with 58,000 miles, not bad

She drove it for 10 months and rear ended somebody, lol. Thankfully she didn't get hurt.

This time the damage includes p/s pump, intake, hood, fans assembly, radiator, radiator support, driver side headlight assembly, bumper cover and grill inserts (they dont come with the bumper cover)

Thankfully the auto body mechanic that did the tow from the accident has kids and was sympathetic. He offered to help. He towed it from accident scene to his shop, then to my house. Once I realized there was nothing I could do with the radiator support he towed it back to his shop and replaced it for me. Put all the good parts back on, towed it back to my house. His charge, including original police tow and storage, new rad support = $750

Aftermarket radiator, headlight, hood, bumper cover = $295?
Used p/s pump, intake, fan assembly = $165?

The a/c condensor(?) is bent up but doesn't look like it leaked. hopefully I can get it back together without having to replace it

Old 10-15-2011, 07:40 PM
DorianM

hey i just a got a new car pontiac g6, so i'm goin to give my car away, there is one problem, my car doesnt start at all. i turn the keys but nothing happens , no lights nothing happens at all when i try to start it. I have not started the car in about 2,3 weeks. i have been researching and ignition switch has been popping up. I TRY TO START THE CAR NOTHING HAPPENS NO LIGHTS NO NOTHING. what do u guys think? thank you

Old 10-16-2011, 03:44 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Dead battery?

Old 10-20-2011, 06:26 PM
Jcmex07
Default engine vibration

I got the car a few days ago and im trying to get it in top shape. It's an 05 dodge neon sxt. My question: is the right side frame rail supposed to be parallel to the engine?

Quick Reply: 03 neon sxt FRONT FACE