2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Heater Problems Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 11:53 AM
ramzm
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Prayzmakr
I have a 200 Dodge Neon (my baby). My current issue is when the heat is running the windows get fogged up and stay fogged up, however it does blow out heat. I put the defroster on w/ heat and it still does not clear the windhield or windows. I have topped off all fluids. I just replaced the radiator (by myself, what a beast) approx 2 months ago. Also the temp gauge goes slightly past the normal and just hangs out there until the car is turned off (doesn't normally do that). Prior to this, the temp needle would go to normal in warming up stage, then while driving (the needle) drops all the way to the bottom as if the car was never warmed up. Havent had problems like this... Pls advise. Thx
Mine did the same thing as far as the temp needle dropping after driving. I replaced the water pump and it fixed the problem. Heater blows super hot now and temp runs like it should. The dealership says its. Ommon for the water pump propellers to get bent or break off. When we took out the old water pump sure enough... Two propellors were broke off one bent down and only one in its upright position. They used a very thin like sheet metal... The waterpump you get from the auto store is much stronger. Food luck and keep us updated

Quick Reply: Heater Problems Please Help!