2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

How do I make my 2nd Gen neon faster.

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 07:49 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How do I make my 2nd Gen neon faster.

ORIGINAL: fullbuilt

spend the money on a complete howell race motor its worth it. get a loan and get it over with.
Haha I couldnt agree more...

Old 11-12-2006, 04:57 AM
lblackneon
Champion

I'm thinking of getting a total bottom end 2.2 stroker. If I do 10.5 pistons how much power do you all think that'll set me at? Do any of u know what type of power those engines get?

Old 11-12-2006, 02:19 PM
fullbuilt
All Star

with what i can see there Id be willing to bet you into the 225 range at the wheels that may be a high geuse but close. One way to change to high compression cheap is to install the pistons from a twin cam neon. that in a single cam neon should put you about 10.3. it also works the other way with a single cam piston and a twin cam head will give you turbo ready low commpresion.

Old 11-12-2006, 07:08 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: lblackneon

I'm thinking of getting a total bottom end 2.2 stroker. If I do 10.5 pistons how much power do you all think that'll set me at? Do any of u know what type of power those engines get?
I've only seen two 2.2 stroker Neons in person and when i talked to their owners one said he was pushing around 190whp and the other said 220whp...dont know what would make that much of a difference besides their bolt-ons, compression, etc...but from what I've read on other forums your looking in the 200-220whp range.

Old 11-12-2006, 11:05 PM
lblackneon
Champion

The difference between the 2 is probably the size pistons they have. Do u know what size they have? The larger the piston the more torque, power, and less gas milage right?

Old 01-09-2007, 12:37 AM
01 plymouth srt4

Well some of the best 1st mods are a full cold air intake system, a catback exhaust system, a header and downpipe, high flow cataylic converter(this is illegal is most cases), and a new throttle body and spacer. This may sound like a lot, it is expensive, but at the same time for what you get in power gains these are great first mods for any car. Opening up your exhaust system completely and getting more cool air into your engine is always great ways to get more power without going with boost or going internally. Just make sure you research your parts. I have a 2nd gen 01 plymouth neon, that has a pacesetter dual outlet cat back exhaust system, volant cold air intake system, pacesetter header and downpipe, magnaflow high flow cat. Haven't got the throttle body spacer, because i'm trying to figure out a way to get a srt4 engine into it.

Old 07-31-2007, 11:28 PM
gnu4life778

thats exactly why they make different classes for cars, i ****in hate people that role up with their POS 8-cyl motor revin and ****....RACE SOMETHING IN YOUR OWN CLASS redneck. how much of that did you install yourself? whats the point of buying a already built car, thats just stupid. I'll give you that much, you can read the brochure/ receits from the autobody shop.

"Fords...if they aint pissin oil, then they're not running right"

Old 07-31-2007, 11:38 PM
gnu4life778

another red-neck response...."yall go with the v-8 now YA HEAR?" thats such bull****, eco-class doesnt mean ****. Have you ever been outa alabama or wherever your from? civics run great gas milage, and yet my brothers SI is pushing 300 hp (still a daily driver) its not that people are trying to beat lambos or anything here, but just have fun with the car they have and making it as fast as possible. So what, its a neon, who the hell wants to make a neon hotrod? thats ****ing stupid, if i ever saw a neon hot rod id ****in **** myself....but on the other hand, these cars are very easy to make into really clean street cars. i just dont understand why your coming in here hating on people trying to have fun moddin there cars? if you dont have anything good or in this matter important to say. then just dont say anything. The fact that your dont understand the concept of modding your car tells me that your not really into the car euthiast scene whats-soever. Idont like hating on people like, but your last comments were pretty stupid as well as frustrating.

Old 07-31-2007, 11:58 PM
Adionik
Champion

You guys think that kirk lth is better in quality than the obx?

I'm going to get an LTH but i'm deciding on which brand. [&:]

I'll probably do the fouler mod and keep my cat.

Old 08-01-2007, 03:23 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

I'm glad people look at the time stamps on threads. Especially when they resurrect the thread with a worthless post... (not you Adionik).

Quick Reply: How do I make my 2nd Gen neon faster.