Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Side moldings Removed!

looks very clean good job

Old 10-16-2006, 01:56 AM
JTM78
Rookie

How much work was it to take it off and how is the side molding held on the car??

Old 10-16-2006, 02:26 AM
Pablodragon
All Star

very easy. I did it too.. would recomend doin it in at least 65 to 70 degree weather... just get under a corner and pull it off, one piece at a time...just held on with double stick tape. May leave some of the foam-y double stick stuff behind, but it can be just rolled and picked off with fingers...

Old 10-16-2006, 02:39 AM
SupermanNeon
Professional

Yea like pablo said very easy i used fishing line to get it started and once it was peel up about 1 inch back i just pulled slow(wasnt sure if i would pull paint if i got agressive, but i didnt). my car is 6 years old so there was alot of dirt under there and some wax along where the edge of the molding used to be i actually wet a small cloth and used it and pushed all the glue off..just rolled up, i was using my fingers but it wasnt doing much. and after i got all the glue off i used some rubbing compound to get some of the marks the glue left on off and finshed with wiping it dry washing and waxhing it twice lol Looks alot better the pictures dont show very well and sense my car is alittle old and wasnt really cleaned alot or very well by the previous owner it left some marks..very little and only notice if you really looks.

Old 10-16-2006, 10:39 AM
98Dodger4x4
Veteran

Looks good. IMall about the side moulding because of people in the parking lots hitting my doors and leaving dents

Old 10-16-2006, 12:14 PM
nicks2kes
Veteran

much better

Old 10-16-2006, 10:05 PM
Pablodragon
All Star

ORIGINAL: 98Dodger4x4

Looks good. IMall about the side moulding because of people in the parking lots hitting my doors and leaving dents
yea, but I've had many a car with side moldings that don't do a lick of good because 90% of the cars are taller and you end up with the dent s anyway!

Old 10-17-2006, 08:28 PM
04 mo neon
All Star

Yea, I'm debating whether or not to do mine, I really want to but I kinda wanna wait until I get the car lowered or the mopar lip kit on there. Also I'm not sure how much fading has occured and I'm knida scared if I take them off theres going to be a difference that you can tell. Even though my car has been in a garage all its life its been out side when I've been at school and now its out side all the time b/c I'm at college. I will deffinatly wax the you know what out of it after I do, which should help, but need some out side reassurance that you won't be able to tell.

Also whats funny about the moldings, you said

Pablodragon quote: yea, but I've had many a car with side moldings that don't do a lick of good because 90% of the cars are taller and you end up with the dent s anyway!

The funny thing is that I got my right front door dinged (30mph winds that day) in the picture as you can see theres a little vertical line. The body shop tried to fix it b/c of a hail insident that occured in missouri over the last summer and they tried to help fix it but could do anymore b/c they knew it wasn't from hail, but they were still nice and tired to do as much as they could. Anyway, they said the moldings acutlly impared the fix so not only did the moldings not help that much they make it harder for you to fix so I totally agree with you!!!!!!!

Front right side (look close and you'll see a vertical dent both above and below the molding

Old 10-17-2006, 10:27 PM
SupermanNeon
Professional

ORIGINAL: 04 mo neon

Yea, I'm debating whether or not to do mine, I really want to but I kinda wanna wait until I get the car lowered or the mopar lip kit on there. Also I'm not sure how much fading has occured and I'm knida scared if I take them off theres going to be a difference that you can tell. Even though my car has been in a garage all its life its been out side when I've been at school and now its out side all the time b/c I'm at college. I will deffinatly wax the you know what out of it after I do, which should help, but need some out side reassurance that you won't be able to tell.

Also whats funny about the moldings, you said

Pablodragon quote: yea, but I've had many a car with side moldings that don't do a lick of good because 90% of the cars are taller and you end up with the dent s anyway!

The funny thing is that I got my right front door dinged (30mph winds that day) in the picture as you can see theres a little vertical line. The body shop tried to fix it b/c of a hail insident that occured in missouri over the last summer and they tried to help fix it but could do anymore b/c they knew it wasn't from hail, but they were still nice and tired to do as much as they could. Anyway, they said the moldings acutlly impared the fix so not only did the moldings not help that much they make it harder for you to fix so I totally agree with you!!!!!!!

Front right side (look close and you'll see a vertical dent both above and below the molding
DO IT!!! Your car looks pretty good, the previous owner of my car didnt take care of it like i should have..thing was dirty as hell when i got it so if you look kinda close you can see where i pulled them off..but you cant from a distance..I love the way they turned out..Ima have it painted later anyways after i get body kit..Funny thing is i wanna paint it the color you have that blue looks great ..with a black hood and drunk!

Quick Reply: Side moldings Removed!