2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Introduce Yourself Here!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2020, 04:42 PM
ihaitpepl
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Lord, you have quite a large community here. I hope that doesn't mean that I have to watch my language but it probably does.

Anyway, I'm Matt from sunny CARB BS, California. I've only had the car for a few years. I have a ton of replacement and aftermarket parts that have been collecting dust in the barn far too long. I'll probably be posting about those projects sometime soon.

Oh, I owned a twin turbo Stealth for eight or so years. I had to sell it because the modifications were never ending. I couldn't leave well enough alone and it was costing me a fortune.

Well, that's it for now, I suppose.

Old 03-15-2020, 12:02 PM
DodgeManOne

[This was posted in the wrong board, mods please remove. Thank you]

Last edited by DodgeManOne; 03-15-2020 at 04:06 PM.
Old 08-26-2020, 10:55 AM
Dirtywerk
Amateur
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Old man with old car with the same old questions

Howdy from East Texas! I helped my oldest son buy a 2005 Neon in 2007 after he graduated from HS. He put 122K of trouble-free miles on it before the DS window motor assembly crapped out when the glass was down. The local FLAPS kept giving him the wrong assembly so he bought a new Dodge Ram and gave me the Neon since it was worthless as a trade-in. His younger brother handled the scheduled / routine maintenance and replaced all of the brake lines after one in the rear either split or broke for some reason.
The car runs great but the engine makes a growling noise when taking off from a stop and goes away as the vehicle speed increases. I suspect that's due to worn motor mounts and will check those when replacing the timing belt assembly since it's 20K overdue. Was curious to know when the various factory sensors and other components start acting up after years of normal use? Also would like to know if the front seat lowers and backs can swap sides by removing them from the mounting frames? The DS is in great condition but is mushed down because Sonny is tall and husky and the PS was rarely used. The factory stereo system has a wonky volume dial that fluctuates between 0 and 2 when turned. Was curious if that was common problem with a known inexpensive repair, such as installing a new volume control from Newark Electric.
Otherwise the body is in great condition with a few hail dings and spots of milky clear coat on the roof. I plan to repaint the roof white or silver so it reflects more heat. The headlamp and fog lamp lenses are badly oxidized so will see if auto rubbing compound will clear those up and if the miracle wipes will keep them that way. I'm 66 so plan on driving the Neon until it drops. That was my plan in 1994 when I bought an '88 Chevy G30 service van w/84K from an used fleet vehicle dealer. It's still running strong with an estimated 300K of use (the OD broke at 93K).

Old 12-27-2020, 05:23 PM
powervoltz
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Introducing

I'm Scott, been involved in aftermarket electronics nearly 35 years..owned several dodges over the years most recent an 05 neon 2.0 was given to me. Now I know why...lol

Old 12-27-2020, 05:31 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 337 Likes on 301 Posts

Originally Posted by powervoltz
I'm Scott, been involved in aftermarket electronics nearly 35 years..owned several dodges over the years most recent an 05 neon 2.0 was given to me. Now I know why...lol
Welcome to DF!

Old 12-27-2020, 06:37 PM
Dirtywerk
Amateur
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by powervoltz
I had a neighbor with a 1st gen Neon that dealerships didn't want as a trade-in due to high mileage and white paint peeling off the grey primer. They parked it under a tree in the backyard to deal with later and wound up driving it often for the next eight years due to having frequent problems with their new Audi then new VW Passat. They unloaded the Passat for a new Subaru Outback then sold the Neon w/290K to a college kid for $50 since the original timing belt and water pump were never replaced. The kid did that and repainted the car using white Rust-o-leum applied with a brush and roller. That was in 2015 and I still see him today running around in it delivering pizzas.

Old 04-01-2021, 08:13 PM
kaylareneehayes94
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey!

So, My names Kayla. I am 26 years old.
I'm from Louisville Kentucky, but have lived in Owensboro Kentucky for about 6 years now.
I attended Penn State University and I majored in Forensic Science.

Up until about 2 and a half years ago, I knew nothing about vehicles. I could tell you how to change a tire but I probably wasn't going to do it myself, A). I'd get too dirty. B). Too weak to break the lug nuts loose..

Obviously, that has drastically changed! In July of 2018 I met Jesse, who is not my fiance. When I first met him, I sat with him for 4 hours while he changed a busted wheel bearing. The very next day he had come up with something else he had to do to his car. I was so confused. Like, dude, there's nothing wrong with your car until you touch it. Leave it alone. Let's go do something fun....
It wasn't long after that and I was swapping heads on my 1997 Acura Integra...

I haven't went more than 24 hours without doing some sort of work to a vehicle since then, and I love it! It seems like, no matter how much I work, how much I read and research, how many questions I ask, how many different vehicles I work on, there's still so very much left to learn about mechanics.
I'm no professional by any means. But I have made a ton of progress from the girly girl who couldn't get her nails dirty or hook up jumper cables, to someone who can confidently rebuild a motor on her own.

With that being said, I am a Neon, Integra, Civic, and Grand Am fanatic!

I have owned 32 different vehicles since June of 2018. I absolutely love to buy a vehicle that someones listed on facebook or something for super cheap because they don't see it's worth or potential or they just give up on it, and then completely make it my own, fix it up, learn alot in the process, and then sell or trade it off and repeat.

I currently am driving a 2005 Dodge Neon SXT, 2.0L, Automatic Transmission, 117,000 miles on it. Nothing super special. It's all stock pretty much. I bought it for super cheap from someone who was using it for dirt track racing. It has some frame issues that I'm "attempting" to sort out, although body work isn't my strong suit, at all!
Also, I am having major overheating problems, but thats a whole other story.

I also have a "toy" car, as I like to call it. My Boosted 1994 Honda Civic 1.6L Vtec 5 Speed rocket! This is the first car that I've ever been in that was turbocharged. I came home from riding in it and I was zombiefied almost. The feeling in my gut when the boost hits, I cannot even explain. I've flown in jets and didn't feel this. Its incredible, which is crazy because it's a cheap "ebay" turbo as a lot of people call it, so theres plenty of other vehicles out there that have got to be so much more powerful, and I'm not sure I can even imagine that! I am however very new to the turbo thing. I am still researching and trying to learn all the aspects of it, how to tune it perfectly, how to use hondata, all that good stuff, so, if any of you have actually read all my rambling and have any tips for turbos on a Civic or in general, I would be super happy to talk to you! Also, if anybody has any tips about neons overheating, I'm listening cause I need the help! lol

There's so much more I could say, but I don't want to bore yall too much longer, so, yea. That's me. You can message me if you want to talk about anything or, if you have tips or whatever!

The following users liked this post:
jkeaton (04-04-2021)
Old 04-03-2021, 12:29 PM
TurboPirate

Hello, My name is Greg but nobody calls me Greg, I am currently living in Puerto Rico, I have 2001 Chrysler NEON SOHC no mods so far but I have plans for it.......

Old 04-04-2021, 09:40 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 337 Likes on 301 Posts

Welcome!

TurboPirate (04-05-2021)
Old 04-23-2021, 06:20 AM
EagleScreen
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New member

Hello, my name is Rafael, i live in Spain and i have a Chrysler Neon 2.0 (Chrysler branding was used here) from 2002 year.
I am starting to suffer some issues with this car so i will open a thread to ask your opinion.
See you.

TurboPirate (04-23-2021)

Quick Reply: Introduce Yourself Here!