2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

HELP WITH BRAKE PEDAL COVER INSTALLATION PLEASE (PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 05:26 PM
gm830
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP WITH BRAKE PEDAL COVER INSTALLATION PLEASE (PICS)

ok, maybe i'm a bit slow, but these instructions for applying these pedal covers don't seem that great. especially since the image of the back side of the brake pedal looks nothing like the image on the instructions with the long parts that hang down (you'll see in the pics). So if these instructions are similar to other pedal covers that someone has installed and can give me clearer instructions I'd really appreciate it. Otherwise i'll just have to return them.
accelerator (front)
accelerator (rear)
thingy that loops around accelerator pad
another pic of thingy
brake pedal
brake pedal (rear) with blk flappy things that i have no idea how to compare to instructions given
brake pedal side view where you can see screws and spring between flappy things and cover

Old 03-25-2007, 05:27 PM
gm830
Rookie
Default RE: HELP WITH BRAKE PEDAL COVER INSTALLATION PLEASE (PICS)

and here's the instructions i had. I just dont' see how that long part on the accelerator pad loops around and connects on the other side...there's no slot for it to go throuh and i don't know if i'm supposed to take the screw on the end of it out or not, these are really crappy instructions :-(

Old 03-25-2007, 06:07 PM
wxman25

my wife had these on her car it's pretty simple. All of those clamps have a way for the threaded part to feed into the screw part. there should be a very litttel slot under the screw head of the clamp. It's a PITA but you have to loop the clamp around the pedal then go through the slots on the back of the pedal and finally thread it into itself. get ready to have a backache

Old 03-25-2007, 06:10 PM
wxman25

forgot about the brake pedal. you upen the metel flaps and slide the pedal over the old one. Make sure to keep the old pad installed or the new pedal will move. Place the brake pedal over the old pedal and slide to metal bars across the pedal from behind after that tighten the screws on the front and make sure you still have full movement. and your done

Old 03-25-2007, 09:22 PM
gm830
Rookie

ok when you say "you have to loop the clamp around the pedal then go through the slots on the back of the pedal", are you referring to the pedal itself or the pedal cover? because in the pic it seems like i'm already pushing the "thread" through the slots on the pedal cover before wrapping it around the pedal. and is the screw on the clamp supposed to come out? i don't understand it's purpose...

Old 03-25-2007, 09:41 PM
wxman25

the first pic in the instrutions. you should have the strap through the loops before you go around the pedal. the screw on the clamp is not suppose to come out. If it does maybe the clamp is bad. The screw is what pulls the threads of the clamp together.

Old 03-25-2007, 10:14 PM
gm830
Rookie

ok so after wrapping it around the pedal, the non-clamp end of the thread is supposed to go through the area between the screw and the thread on the other end? i'm trying to figure out how this all connects because it's not fitting between the screw and the thread on the other side. *sigh*

Old 03-25-2007, 10:44 PM
wxman25

yes it is suppose to go between the screw and the threads. as you put it in turn the screw to the right and it should thread on to itself

Quick Reply: HELP WITH BRAKE PEDAL COVER INSTALLATION PLEASE (PICS)