2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 12:26 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thx guys

Mark: watch your video again...looks light right about 8-10 seconds in is where that injector line let go...

shouldn't be too bad to fix though.

Old 08-12-2013, 01:07 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Got my pan, ATF and brake cleaner. Gotta wait until tomorrow to get my filter.

Old 08-12-2013, 04:55 PM
dman12323
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wh1t3NuKle
Wombat and Jig -- You guys rocked that shiat! Very cool to see those numbers from clean rigs.

dman -- no matter if aired down or not, getting down to the frame rails, which is probably what happened, will not free you up.

Some basic things to bring for the sand even though a winch is still not a 100% guarantee; shovel, wood like blocks, high lift jack, tow strap.

When/if you get a winch and you go in sand, you'll need a pull pal.

Note to self -- not hangin with you when fire is involved. lol

Thanks im definitely going to invest in a high lift,winch and tow strap no sand until then lol.Our bonfires are pretty safe after we get it started lol.

Currently looking at a rear axle Dana 60 right now for with 4.10 gears and a Detroit locker for about $100. This guy is trying to get rid of it asap for more garage space. Its an 100 mile drive to the seller so I hope the axle is somewhat decent...

Old 08-12-2013, 05:12 PM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Jigabop
thx guys

Mark: watch your video again...looks light right about 8-10 seconds in is where that injector line let go...

shouldn't be too bad to fix though.
I saw that and was wondering where that spray was coming from.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:18 PM
BBartow
Captain

Had an awesome day. One of my buddies bought a '79 Renegade with the 304 and called to do a little trail riding. Haven't taken my truck offroad in 2 months so this was well-deserved. I used to be the guy everyone at school called when they got stuck, now I barely hear from anyone. I don't miss those early morning calls though. Also, met the previous owner of my truck at Walmart. He said his grandpa bought the truck new, then sold it to him for his first vehicle. We took a drive to his house and he gave me a shoe box full of receipts and a toolbox of spare parts. Now I have to go through those boxes and see if there's anything useful. She needs a good wash after today.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:40 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

^cool, rarely you ever get to meet the PO, or even the original owner

Old 08-12-2013, 08:18 PM
Matt Nickerson
Record Breaker

Took the truck in for a car wash for the first time (since ive owned it for 2.5 yrs). Apparently it doesn't like car washes cuz my tps took a crap in the middle of the wash and died twice on the way home. And i dont know about your guys' trucks but mine is near impossible to steer with the engine off, I suspect somethings off somewhere cuz the steering wheel barely moves with engine off. Nearly hit a stop sign because my brakes are junk as well.

So, replaced the tps and its all set.

Also found out the hard way that my fuel gauge doesn't work too well. Truck died last weekend with what seemed to be an 1/8th of a tank. Fuel pump sounded like it didnt prime (guess it was just being quiet from no fuel?) and pressure was 10psi when i started it with starting fluid. Dropped the tank only to find out its just filled with air. And what was also cool was that my tank straps just folded in half when i took them off. Ratchet straps should hold for now

Old 08-12-2013, 08:59 PM
Jigabop
Champion

wombats other two runs on the dyno...

and why the videos are split up wish I took the pic sooner! there was 5 of them under the hood!!!

Name:  20130810_113646_zpsa8124838.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  47.8 KB

Old 08-12-2013, 10:52 PM
snowboundrmk
All Star

^^^thats cool when u see the po. When I was working on my truck the po saw me and the truck and stopped. He was really glad I was taken care of it and he was regretting selling it. He was driving a cool TJ.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:05 AM
dman12323
Veteran

Originally Posted by Matt Nickerson
Took the truck in for a car wash for the first time (since ive owned it for 2.5 yrs). Apparently it doesn't like car washes cuz my tps took a crap in the middle of the wash and died twice on the way home. And i dont know about your guys' trucks but mine is near impossible to steer with the engine off, I suspect somethings off somewhere cuz the steering wheel barely moves with engine off. Nearly hit a stop sign because my brakes are junk as well.

So, replaced the tps and its all set.

Also found out the hard way that my fuel gauge doesn't work too well. Truck died last weekend with what seemed to be an 1/8th of a tank. Fuel pump sounded like it didnt prime (guess it was just being quiet from no fuel?) and pressure was 10psi when i started it with starting fluid. Dropped the tank only to find out its just filled with air. And what was also cool was that my tank straps just folded in half when i took them off. Ratchet straps should hold for now
Yah when my truck wouldn't start at Walmart one day because of corroded battery terminals. The tow truck driver put in "Neutral" and said turn the wheel when you get near the tow truck. I literally had to put all my weight into turning the steering wheel with the engine off.I just pray I never have a brake failure to where I have to turn off the engine.Same with the brakes and the engine is off, they don't seem to grab at all.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?