2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 08:02 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01
"Under 165,000 miles. 5.3 Liter engine,"

Might wanna change that to 5.2
\

Damn. Got me!

Old 12-28-2013, 01:25 AM
JRedRam
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Swapped the 880 fogs to yellow just to see a difference and because traffic had me dead slammed in front of a Pep Boys HAHA!

I HAD to go in!

Old 12-28-2013, 09:58 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,222 Likes on 2,973 Posts

May want to clarify that you rebuilt the trans, rather than just modding it a bit.

Old 12-28-2013, 02:34 PM
bulldodgemoe
Professional

today was flush, back flush. replace radiator hoses, clamps and thermo. nice new clean radiator coolant/antifreeze. replaced thermo 195deg. thought since i was in there doing all this work might as well replace.
replaced steering stabilizer also.

Old 12-28-2013, 07:30 PM
dman12323
Veteran

Just got done replacing the worthless fabtech adjustable track bar. I had to put the stock one on and so far no issues with my 5inches of lift. However im definitely eating the tires up until I decide on another trackbar.

Old 12-28-2013, 11:38 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,222 Likes on 2,973 Posts

Got my oil pan cleaned out, pickup cleaned out, and everything put back together. New filter, five quarts of oil, fired up, and pressure came up almost immediately. Still 60PSI at idle cold, bit over 40 fully warmed. And of course, since I wanted to try and troubleshoot my misfire issues..... it ran perfect. PCM is still in the process of learning though, so, begin to wonder if I don't have an electrical issue somewhere with a sensor.

See what happens I suppose. Just nice to have my truck back.

Van (Chevy Astro AWD) is down for the count until the new wheel bearing comes in. It sounds horrid, pulls, and makes really rude noises over bumps. No more driving till new bearing installed. Which won't be here for a week.... But, we have two out of three vehicles, so not much of a worry, as I got tired of the corporate bull feces at staples...... had an interesting 'discussion' with the general manager about things getting done.... and even though he recognizes we have a problem, he is still standing by the corporate line, and demanding things that way. (lack of hours, lack of employees, too much work, not everything gets done.) He told me, "this is the way it is going to be." I told him. "Not for me." Handed him my ID tag, and left.

Old 12-28-2013, 11:38 PM
nighthawk10mm

Oil change, transmission oil change and filter, front and back diff oil change

Old 12-29-2013, 05:48 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gdstock
Considered (considering) putting it up for sale... New position at work, less time to work on vehicles, and own too damn many to just keep parking lot full.
Bad idea. But sometimes you gotta sell stuff and I get that. Good luck.

Old 12-29-2013, 08:44 AM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Got my oil pan cleaned out, pickup cleaned out, and everything put back together. New filter, five quarts of oil, fired up, and pressure came up almost immediately. Still 60PSI at idle cold, bit over 40 fully warmed. And of course, since I wanted to try and troubleshoot my misfire issues..... it ran perfect. PCM is still in the process of learning though, so, begin to wonder if I don't have an electrical issue somewhere with a sensor.

See what happens I suppose. Just nice to have my truck back.

Van (Chevy Astro AWD) is down for the count until the new wheel bearing comes in. It sounds horrid, pulls, and makes really rude noises over bumps. No more driving till new bearing installed. Which won't be here for a week.... But, we have two out of three vehicles, so not much of a worry, as I got tired of the corporate bull feces at staples...... had an interesting 'discussion' with the general manager about things getting done.... and even though he recognizes we have a problem, he is still standing by the corporate line, and demanding things that way. (lack of hours, lack of employees, too much work, not everything gets done.) He told me, "this is the way it is going to be." I told him. "Not for me." Handed him my ID tag, and left.

They must train at the same place as Wal-Mart Managers!

Old 12-29-2013, 11:22 AM
rollinlow
Professional

i put a new bumper on the truck thursday

went and slung some mud yesterday

was heading back into town last night and going round a curve my wheel bearing gave out

so after three hours of work and trailering it home i have new rotors and pads on both sides new axle joint new wheel bearing.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?