2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 11:11 PM
h3lzsn1p3r
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have been through water like that. check trans make sure nothing got in. pull plugs and clean plug wires. dry coil and check under cap for moisture, gas should be checked. oil changed in diffs and engine. then keep on mudding.

Old 07-14-2014, 11:18 PM
Thornloe Pride
Captain

Update: Truck is running MINT now. Wasn't at first. Changed all fluids on the trail. But we left empty handed again but we are a little further. Almost through the worst. I really need to get my winch ATTACHED to my truck. This is the most craziest recovery mission EVER.

Old 07-14-2014, 11:31 PM
Johnn123
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Thornloe Pride
Update: Truck is running MINT now. Wasn't at first. Changed all fluids on the trail. But we left empty handed again but we are a little further. Almost through the worst. I really need to get my winch ATTACHED to my truck. This is the most craziest recovery mission EVER.
These old magnums never cease to amaze me. So what all did ya do, changed fluids, anything else? Or it just dried out and is good to go? Glad to hear man!
Cant wait to see the pics!

Old 07-15-2014, 12:04 AM
Thornloe Pride
Captain

Originally Posted by Johnn123
These old magnums never cease to amaze me. So what all did ya do, changed fluids, anything else? Or it just dried out and is good to go? Glad to hear man!
Cant wait to see the pics!
Ill post pics when we are out of this mess. To give you guys an idea this trail is feared by the biggest mud boggers around that use a trailer for their rigs. We are the FIRST to attempt it with daily drivers to my knowledge. If the old dodge makes it out alive and drives home then.. That's amazing. That would be the definition of bulletproof.

I changed the engine and tranny oil and put dielectric grease on all the electronic components for now. Was boggy at first but moveable. Once it ran a little it was back to its full potential.

Old 07-15-2014, 10:40 AM
djbucky3
Captain

Ill post pics when we are out of this mess. To give you guys an idea this trail is feared by the biggest mud boggers around that use a trailer for their rigs. We are the FIRST to attempt it with daily drivers to my knowledge. If the old dodge makes it out alive and drives home then.. That's amazing. That would be the definition of bulletproof.

I changed the engine and tranny oil and put dielectric grease on all the electronic components for now. Was boggy at first but moveable. Once it ran a little it was back to its full potential.
Like it was said before, these magnums never cease to amaze. Glad your girl is runnin smooth again! Cant wait for those pics.

Old 07-15-2014, 05:41 PM
tincan57
Captain

Finished up on the last truck to flip with two U-joints, two front wheel bearings, fresh AC and an adjusted hood latch. Turned it over to my buddy for detailing and listing. K.

TP, had me worried about the 98. Glad it's back.

Old 07-16-2014, 02:43 AM
Thornloe Pride
Captain

Originally Posted by tincan57
Finished up on the last truck to flip with two U-joints, two front wheel bearings, fresh AC and an adjusted hood latch. Turned it over to my buddy for detailing and listing. K.

TP, had me worried about the 98. Glad it's back.
Not over yet. She's spending another night in the swamp. Got everyone else out though. I am 99% out but I think I got my coil wet in the last hole I went through. It stalled and won't start. Hopefully tomorrow it will start. Kind of a shame considering what we had to go through and she decides to caller quits there.

Old 07-16-2014, 11:17 AM
djbucky3
Captain

Not over yet. She's spending another night in the swamp. Got everyone else out though. I am 99% out but I think I got my coil wet in the last hole I went through. It stalled and won't start. Hopefully tomorrow it will start. Kind of a shame considering what we had to go through and she decides to caller quits there.
Oh she'll come back!

Old 07-16-2014, 11:57 AM
Jigabop
Champion

Drove it for the cold A/C.

If the S10 had working A/C I probably wouldn't drive the Ram much until I get a chance to pull the trans and see what is up with that clutch chatter...

Old 07-17-2014, 08:26 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

started rust repair today... got everything sanded down and scuffed up. will start fiberglass, and bondo work tomorrow.

Name:  20140717_193209_zps4avsfko3.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  78.9 KB
Name:  20140717_193200_zpscgykcqlh.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  63.0 KB
Name:  20140717_193152_zps4jkhvdet.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  75.1 KB

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?