2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 08:07 PM
cvec7
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What Did You Do To Your RAM Today?

Flashed the PCM with my newly arrived hypertech. Will report final results in this thread https://dodgeforum.com/m_911884/tm.htm in 2-3 weeks or so.

Old 11-11-2007, 08:12 PM
dsertdog56
Record Breaker

Nice weekend project. One of my battery bolts literally corroded in two! So I procured the proper factory (expensive!) bolts and a newhold down and replaced them.
That was after I removed the battery box, cleaned all the rust and dead paint off the inner fender, removed the damaged convolute tubing and cleaned everything up with baking soda, sanded, converted, primed and painted the fender and fabricated a new negative terminal.

Oh and I changed out a melted bumper light wiring harness. That took about5 minutes.

Old 11-11-2007, 09:14 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: dsertdog56

Nice weekend project. One of my battery bolts literally corroded in two! So I procured the proper factory (expensive!) bolts and a newhold down and replaced them.
That was after I removed the battery box, cleaned all the rust and dead paint off the inner fender, removed the damaged convolute tubing and cleaned everything up with baking soda, sanded, converted, primed and painted the fender and fabricated a new negative terminal.
Oh and I changed out a melted bumper light wiring harness. Took 5 minutes.
Man, all that in 5 min?That's some fast working! Put that meth pipe down, NOW youngman!

Old 11-11-2007, 09:18 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

BTW, some dielectric grease will help slow that down on the new bolt.

Washed the truck, and engine bay, threw out the trash. Ordered an ultrasonic bath to clean fuel injectors, thermo-tec tape for the fuel rail, and an O2 simm for the highflow cat and that pesky p0420 code.

Installed a Blaster 3 coil and MSD wires a month ago, and modded the Crank sensor, forgot to add that.

Old 11-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Ramafication
Rookie

pulled out the motor, only took an our cuz everything except the mount bolts were disconnected, wrapped er all up and put it in the back for later rebuild, now time for truck 2 engine pull [8D]

Old 11-12-2007, 07:35 PM
dsertdog56
Record Breaker

LMPOFAO....put that pipe down yurself and carefully reread the post....

I shoulda left a space so it looked more like a seperate sentence...so I'll edit it.

Old 11-12-2007, 09:18 PM
tazme695

GOOD TO MEET ALL THE DODGE FANS OUT THERE! BEEN READING THE FORUM FOR MONTHS NOW AND THOUGHT I WOULD JOIN! I GUESS ILL START BY SAYING I LOVE MY TRUCK! HERE ARE MY MODS I WILL UPLOAD PICS ASAP. 01 1500 4X4 318(5.2) OPEN AIR ROUND AIR FILTER/BREATHER, REFLASHED PCM, PUNCHED CAT SIDO MAGNAFLOW KNOCK-OFF WITH MANDREL BENT DUALS AND TIPS, COMPLETE TRANNY UPGRADE REDBACK CLUTCHES AND STEELS JR SHIFT KIT VB BORE HD SPRAGS HD CUSTOM BUILT TC OVERSIZED COOLER, THE REASON I JOINED THE FORUM IS IM WORKING ON A BUILT 318 THAT WILL PUT OUT 400@5000 AND IM LOOKING FOR OPINIONS AND IDEAS SO ANY COMMENT WOULD BE GREAT!

Old 11-12-2007, 10:42 PM
greenmachine
All Star

Bought a new kegger and used stock t/b. Got the kegger for 50 bucks. What a steal. The t/b I got for 10. The kegger is getting modded and a hughes install. The t/b is a core for tha Fastman. Cant wait.

Old 11-13-2007, 05:14 PM
BostonRamGuy
Professional

New Rotors, Pads, Calipers.. Very Nice

Old 11-13-2007, 07:40 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know this a what did i do to ram today thread but it kinda goes along.... got my new badges today 3rd gen ones that say ram got em on ebay brand new $7 shipped to the door what a deal came from canada cant wait to get that money to paint my truck and put these bad boys on ive had my 3rd gen dodge emblems for my tailgate for months now check out ebay for stupid **** like this great deals.....j

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?