2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 10:43 PM
jake7
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

silver- how much those run you if you dont mind me asking? Where did you get them? pros cons?

Old 07-22-2010, 11:20 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jake7
silver- how much those run you if you dont mind me asking? Where did you get them? pros cons?
I originally found them for $278 each from Discount Tire (just the tire, not including installation, tax, and road hazard). I figured I could do better. I then found them for $258 on Discount Tire Direct (their online branch that competes with Tire Rack and others). I then checked all the online places (treadepot, tirerack, etc...). They showed better prices until you added shipping, so Discount Tire Direct was still the best overall. But I ended up calling Discount Tire Direct and asked them if they could do any better, and he sent me a quote for $250 per tire. I brought that quote to my local Discount tire, and they honored it. I went ahead and added the road hazard this time (would have saved me a ton if I had had it on my Toyo's) plus tax and installation brought the total to just under $1300. Still not cheap, but cheaper then buying from any online place, paying shipping, and then having them installed somewhere.

Can't say too much about pros/cons yet, haven't gotten enough miles on them. On pro though is they are quiet. One con is that it looks like it took a decent amount of weight to balance them. Time will tell if I have to keep taking them back to be rebalanced. My Toyo's balanced with almost no weight at all - all four. Other then that, it's too early to say much more.

Old 07-23-2010, 12:08 AM
92xjcowboy

Originally Posted by lastrights
yeah i didnt get any money for about 6 of those months , then i recoved and my work says i couldnt return then i filed for unemployment but its not nearly enough money i was making when i was working just enough to pay bills and i still live with my parents :/

so i just hope my feet will hold up this time around

Congratulations on getting a job finaly. Im in the same boat. I just got off disability and now my work "doesnt have any hours availible".

Old 07-23-2010, 12:28 AM
Gomer03
Professional

I replaced my drivers side hub and wheel assemb. (courtesy of Dearborn Axle Co.), U-joint (2 out of 4 bearings were shot), checked my front diff. out for unusual wear, and installed my new projector headlights. 4-5 hours of work....in heat advisory weather...great work out.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:36 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver_Dodge
Yep, still one of my favorite trucks on the forum.
Now it's about time to head out to the hills and take some pictures with that awesome background that you tend to get your truck into.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:41 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion

Thanks. Ya, i'll be back out soon as hunting season gets closer and i start doing some early season scouting. I'll try to snap some pics.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:15 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Have you ever been to Garden of the Gods? You could get some great pictures out there as long as you wouldn't have to park somewhere and hike to the rock formations.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:43 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion

Ya, i've been, but I usually only go there if I have visitors from out of town. It is mostly just tourist there. It is nice rock formations, but the services that run that place have made it so groomed that the rest of the place looks unnatural.

Old 07-23-2010, 11:47 PM
dsertdog56
Record Breaker

T-28...
Today I found someone that has two ricks of decent fire wood for sale. Only I have to go get it.
So I reserve a U-haul trailer, and buff out the rear panel, put the tailgate and the license plate and frame assembly back on. Everything looks great and I can't wait to finish the bumper and install it.
I figure I should test the trailer plug on my boat trailer before heading for the U-haul dealer. That was about an hour+ ago. I just came in.
Had to test everything, clean every terminal, redo the ground wire, and after much cursing and wiggling the adapter plug I finally got ALL the lights to work. Did I mention the cursing>?
So tomorrow, I'm off to Tallequah to pick up some wood, after picking up some contact cleaner at O'riellys.

Old 07-24-2010, 01:03 AM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 92xjcowboy
Congratulations on getting a job finaly. Im in the same boat. I just got off disability and now my work "doesnt have any hours availible".
so i quit today no health insurance there.. i told them to not pay me for the day i worked so i can still collect unemployment till i can get a job that offers heath insurance :/

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?