2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 01:10 PM
2k10HemiRam
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally believe I've fixed my rough idle problem for good! I don't want to speak too early of course because the first run after every other fix "fixed" the rough idle for that first and only run. After that it'd come back sometimes worst then before. Replace the pcv valve and upstream o2 sensor. The sensor looked toasted extra crispy style when i pulled it out a week ago but it looked fine as far as o2 sensors go after i cleaned it. But since it only slightly helped the rough idle smooth out a bit I decided to replace it at the same time with the pcv valve. The valve seemed fine, a little sluggish on the rattle compared to the new one but not too bad. So yea, I'm hoping the rough idle is gone for good now and I can focus on fixing a few other things.

Old 08-01-2010, 07:08 PM
SplatSTi
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Completely cleaned the bed and the cab out.

Took it for a test drive, it over heated. Im very frustrated, after replacing the thermostat and radiator it still over heated. Im about to take the thermostat out and run without one. It better not be the waterpump, cause then Im going to shoot it with my 50 bmg.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:16 PM
dodgeram07
Champion

^^^^ water pump is easy,,, you hope its not a bad heater core

me new map,tps,pcv, and put the stock intake box on,,,, run's better so far

Old 08-01-2010, 08:55 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Heater core is easy. I can have a water pump out in 45 minutes if I'm not screwing around.

Fixed my misfiring problem. Turns out it was my spark plugs that had 2000 miles on them.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:59 PM
dsertdog56
Record Breaker

T-20...clock reset.

After my central air unit crapped out on me Saturday afternoon, I've spent a busy weekend runing wires and testing components. Turns out one of my crappy zinsco breakers tripped but didn't look (or feel) like it. That panel must DIE!
Anyway, I still got my new hangers on the exhaust and the pipes coated.
I shot color on my bumper this morning, and I'll color sand it later this week.
Both rear shocks are painted, and I've cleaned my bumpstops and am repainting the mounts.
Tomorrow I pick up my bumper mounts from the powder coater. I hope I can start prepping the rear suspension and differential for paint

Old 08-01-2010, 09:05 PM
SplatSTi
Professional

Originally Posted by PurplDodge
Heater core is easy. I can have a water pump out in 45 minutes if I'm not screwing around.

Fixed my misfiring problem. Turns out it was my spark plugs that had 2000 miles on them.
come over and teach a noob, I'll even take the day off lol

Old 08-01-2010, 09:52 PM
redheadhunter21
Champion

The hardest part of the water pump is gettin the fan off, once its off its a breeze just make sure you replace the O-ring on the hard line if you do it

Old 08-02-2010, 07:49 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

stated my new job so i sold my superchips for 200 and going to spend 75 of my money and get the SCT friday hehe i cant wait , and he makes the tune and ships out that day so maybe next monday ill have it

Old 08-02-2010, 10:19 PM
dsertdog56
Record Breaker

T-19...
Started recoating the rear shock bolts.
Sanded and resprayed the ridge on the drivers side rocker, you know, the one that gets all the marks.
Got off work late and didn't get to the powder coater.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:40 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric99ram
I don't want to speak too early of course because the first run after every other fix "fixed" the rough idle for that first and only run.
Another day has passed: How's it holding up?

My guess: Idle's much improved, part-throttle acceleration is better, and if you measure it the fuel economy has picked up 1-2 MPG, too.

We you out on North Nellis going northbound at around 3PM today? I caught a glimpse of a truck similar to yours but couldn't swivel my head around to look closer and check for the forum sticker because I was in traffic.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?