2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 05:06 PM
004x41500
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam_Ram_WNC
BOUGHT IT!!!

It's my first Ram and full-sized truck!

1999 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Laramie
welcome to DF,
you will also find that,
my dodge was also my first full size and first dodge, though my stepdad has had a few before i got mine.

anyways, i finally figured out why my cb wasnt working right, maybe if i wouldve done a continuity test sooner, i mightve been working faster. lol.
sure enough my center pin on my antt. stud was shorting out to my mount, causing an issue there, so i just made the hole a little bigger, and put the plastic washer back in properly, and bam, it solved my problems.

I found a diagram online that shows you what is supposed to have continuity and whats not, if anyone needs it just let me know, and ill send you the link, or ill just post the diagram

also someone was asking about pictures of my dash after i painted it, i got those as well as a pic of where i moved my cb too.

here you go.

looking to the right. (you can see where my power invertor is mounted, yes my cup holder still drops down)

looking to the left.(you can see where my train horn button and compressor switch are mounted as well.)

and as you would see it if you were looking straight ahead driving.(you can see the cb, invertor, and the train horn button, and compressor switch)

Old 04-06-2010, 06:23 PM
mnewbolds
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found a new leak, AWESOME! Rear window seal is dumping water. Everything in the behind the seat storage is ruined including my new Ipod and a couple of VERY expensive power inverters... Other than that I just drove to Pizza Hut. Maybe there will be some sun tomorrow.

Old 04-06-2010, 06:33 PM
004x41500
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mnewbolds
Found a new leak, AWESOME! Rear window seal is dumping water. Everything in the behind the seat storage is ruined including my new Ipod and a couple of VERY expensive power inverters... Other than that I just drove to Pizza Hut. Maybe there will be some sun tomorrow.

no bueno...id be really pissed right about now. lol. well hoepfully when everything dries out it should be good, the invertors should be ok if they werent powered on or plugged in when the water was leaking in.

Old 04-07-2010, 12:13 AM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker

drove to work....pulled a 5 ton capacity AG spreader wagon back to the CO-OP (rented to spread 0-0-60 red potash)

then into South Bend to meet the parents at the Volcano for lunch and back to work

Old 04-07-2010, 12:51 AM
yakkier
Banned

Replaced driverside hub and u joint, will be posting pic's when im finished.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:15 AM
1998ram5.9
Veteran

I filled my skool parkin loy with smokey burnout and just drove to work

Old 04-07-2010, 09:29 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mnewbolds
Are you sure it isn't your third brake light gasket? I thought my rear window was leaking a while back so I put a bead of black window sealant around the entire edge where the rubber meets the paint, but it persisted to leak. Then I found out that the third brake light was the source through a little research on here.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:44 AM
yakkier
Banned

pull drivers side hub back off again, installed new ladder rack..... will post pics when i get the hub back togeather AGAIN

Old 04-07-2010, 01:07 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Got the tranny flushed finally, He said it was DIRTY. Guess when it gets hot it really does turn ****ty. He mentioned my belt was squeaking like hell. Wasn't doing that before. I don't really remember it doing it last night when I drove it over there either (I was kinda buzzed though so it might have been). It sounds like its coming from around the tensioner so it might be that. The idle was a little weird when I first fired it up too and the wideband was showing lean. I'll have to keep an eye on that.

Ordered my viair 480 last night. All air horn parts are on their way

Old 04-07-2010, 01:13 PM
mnewbolds
Veteran

Originally Posted by Sheriff420
Are you sure it isn't your third brake light gasket? I thought my rear window was leaking a while back so I put a bead of black window sealant around the entire edge where the rubber meets the paint, but it persisted to leak. Then I found out that the third brake light was the source through a little research on here.
I thought about that too, I will have to wait for a friend or neighbor to help me remove the topper so I can get in there. I will be sealing it all up. Oh, and the inverters were running my compressor and I noticed it when it smelled like burning plastic in the cab. So yeah the inverters are fried. The Ipod is still drying. Now I am having problems with the wipers. They will go 3-4 times before stopping on intermittent. Will it ever end?

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?