2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 10:56 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dlyter09
2x I think you should paint the black part on yer taillights to match your truck...

....or paint your truck black to match the tail lights....lol...

Tires look good on there! Will you wash mine?

Old 05-25-2012, 11:03 PM
dlyter09
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hahaha it would probably be easier to paint the truck right?

Old 05-26-2012, 12:19 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

2x I think you should paint the black part on yer taillights to match your truck...
I hate those tail lights, and will be getting an OEM set (with black on the outside) whenever I feel like spending the $40 bucks haha

Originally Posted by nate_9ers
2x1972- Truck looks awesome. Nice work! I like your wheels with the chrome centre caps and nuts.
Thank you! Cost me $6 for the can of Semi Flat Krylon anti-rust and stole my friend's wife's SOS pad to clean the center caps and nuts

Originally Posted by gdstock
....or paint your truck black to match the tail lights....lol...

Tires look good on there! Will you wash mine?
Pay my gas, feed me, and I will be on my way tomorrow morning. I have nothing to do till work on tuesday, so in all seriousness if you want/need any help with anything this weekend, truck related or not, and can do those things, I would love to come hang out

Hahaha it would probably be easier to paint the truck right?
I hate red vehicles, but the red on this truck is growing on me the more chrome I trash and black I add...

Old 05-26-2012, 04:02 PM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 2x1972
Got my 315/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS's on today! They look awesome! I hear lots of good things about these tires, and I hope they last a long time. Paid $995, but I get a mail in rebate, so really $895. That's WAY less than anyone else could quote me. EDIT: I bought the tires from Discount Tire Direct in Longview Texas.

Nice addition dude. Those come out to 32" tires, if my math is right?

Can anyone tell me why my truck is slow now that I got taller, wider, heavier tires on the truck?
You have an inner tube on the mid section?

No rub, I just think it would look better centered. I will have to look at how it behaves with the new bigger tires installed before pulling any triggers.
If you like, I could also pull my alignment spec sheets before/after just as a reference for you. IIRC, I didn't detect any difference in driving, but upon doing the alignment, it had appreciable change in "toe-in".

Yes I do, and it handled the freeway like a champ today! I might put it back on in the future.
You are full of crap. I just noticed, yours is a long bed?

Old 05-26-2012, 05:27 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by Wh1t3NuKle
Nice addition dude. Those come out to 32" tires, if my math is right?
Nooooope. 35's.

If you like, I could also pull my alignment spec sheets before/after just as a reference for you. IIRC, I didn't detect any difference in driving, but upon doing the alignment, it had appreciable change in "toe-in".
I would like to see that, although I probably won't really know what I am looking at haha

You are full of crap. I just noticed, yours is a long bed?
Yes. 2500's didn't come with regular cab/short beds in America. These trucks look best with an 8 foot bed anyway

Old 05-26-2012, 06:34 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Went to the river yesterday, wasn't paying attention when I turned around to jump off a Honda Accord, and got the passenger front tire stuck in a hole about a foot and a half deep, luckily there was enough bodies around to put enough weight back on the driver rear tire to get enough traction to back out, damn open diff......

I probably could have muscled out going forward but the river was just a few feet away, and the sand is SOFT.... Didn't wanna push my luck.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:51 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,268 Likes on 3,015 Posts

Stepping on the brake a bit to distribute torque some more might have worked as well.

Old 05-26-2012, 07:27 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Stepping on the brake a bit to distribute torque some more might have worked as well.
I've done that in the past and it does work, but there was just too much weight going downhill, the driver rear tire was barely on the ground.

Old 05-26-2012, 09:26 PM
nate_9ers
Rookie

Took my Ram on a journey today, a 500 mile round trip. Up and down a few passes too! Got 12.5 MPG, lol!
I thought my truck did OK at least better than I expected in the passes.

Old 05-26-2012, 09:58 PM
rollinlow
Professional

took one ram on a 700 mile trip to nashville and back and got the doors hung and close in alignment and the drivers side fender on and most of the inner stuff hooked up

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?