2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 08:57 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^ More pics!!!

Looks cool, I am jealous that you have access to such toys as a welder

Old 06-06-2012, 11:37 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

Called Rock Auto, and within 60 seconds I had a full refund including shipping headed my way, with no return shipping required. That was a nice experience, and they will keep getting my business.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:00 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

You guys tired of me posting in here yet?

I took my tires to the auto hobby shop here on base and used their "Trained Auto Hobby Shop Personel Use Only" dynamic tire balancing machine. Discount tire didn't even get close... I had to put an around 12 oz on each wheel... holy crap. And I noticed the tires weren't exactly round. So while one vibration went away, another has surfaced, and it's ugly. I will be calling discount tire and asking if I can get some round tires.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:09 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2x1972

I took my tires to the auto hobby shop here on base and used their "Trained Auto Hobby Shop Personel Use Only" dynamic tire balancing machine. Discount tire didn't even get close... I had to put an around 12 oz on each wheel... holy crap. And I noticed the tires weren't exactly round. So while one vibration went away, another has surfaced, and it's ugly. I will be calling discount tire and asking if I can get some round tires.
My not so cheapo Wal-Mart Good Year Authority's are spinning just fine

Old 06-06-2012, 07:12 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

Yea... mine are a bit taller... And all I had read was that these were great tires... I really like them too. Pretty disappointed.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:18 PM
stewie01
Legend

Yea... mine are a bit taller... And all I had read was that these were great tires... I really like them too. Pretty disappointed.
Yea I don't wanna run 35's anytime soon. Don't wanna spend the money on re-gearing or a lift. I gotta get an alignment though so my driver rim will stop rubbing on the control arm at full lock to the left

Old 06-06-2012, 07:30 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

I don't blame you. Ever wonder why you can't just do something once? Am I the only one who, no matter what it is, my fault or not, I end up having to go back a second (or third) time to fix something?

Old 06-06-2012, 08:13 PM
stewie01
Legend

I don't blame you. Ever wonder why you can't just do something once? Am I the only one who, no matter what it is, my fault or not, I end up having to go back a second (or third) time to fix something?
Don't feel bad, I fixed a leaky transmission pan 3 times and it wasn't even the transmission pan leaking Turned out the TCC/OD Solenoid Assembly had lost it's O Ring.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:43 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sucks. My tires cost an arm and a leg, but they're worth it! BFG Mud Terrain KM2's got em for $1200 out the door mounted and balanced at discount tire. no vibrations and not out of round. phenomenal traction.. my old set which were bald KM's (not KM2's) had no problems getting traction in 1.5' of snow..

Originally Posted by stewie01
Yea I don't wanna run 35's anytime soon. Don't wanna spend the money on re-gearing or a lift. I gotta get an alignment though so my driver rim will stop rubbing on the control arm at full lock to the left
why would you put a lift and big tires on a 2wd?

i need to regear too...4.10's suck...i want 3.54's lol truck tops out and goes through gears too quick...have no problems turning big tires.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:08 PM
stewie01
Legend

Originally Posted by Jigabop
Sucks. My tires cost an arm and a leg, but they're worth it! BFG Mud Terrain KM2's got em for $1200 out the door mounted and balanced at discount tire. no vibrations and not out of round. phenomenal traction.. my old set which were bald KM's (not KM2's) had no problems getting traction in 1.5' of snow..

why would you put a lift and big tires on a 2wd?

i need to regear too...4.10's suck...i want 3.54's lol truck tops out and goes through gears too quick...have no problems turning big tires.
Who say's you shouldn't lift a 2wd truck? All it needs is a winch and a Detroit Locker and I'll follow you 4x4 boy's all day......

Why lift a 4x4 truck just to drive it on the pavement (not saying that YOU do, but people do)

And I think my tires measure just under 32", so why bother going to 35"s?

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?