2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 11:57 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

heehee...you are missing the point! Drawings may encourge/enable some of us to consider upgrading! Maybe a DIY?

So the Jeep console matched the countour of the Ram roof? What types of compartments does it have? Loks like quite a bit more than Ram storage.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:08 AM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

lol. i was maybe thinking about a DIY but truck to truck things may change. plus i am not 100% done yet. just got enough done for now so i can drive to work on Friday. not sure if i will be able to get everything working or not.

it does not fit perfectly. i lucked out with my ram charger and there happened to be some bend in the roof under the headliner so the electronics fit without having to cut a hole in the roof. and i got a sun glasses holder and empty compartment.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:03 AM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
lol. i was maybe thinking about a DIY but truck to truck things may change. plus i am not 100% done yet. just got enough done for now so i can drive to work on Friday. not sure if i will be able to get everything working or not.

it does not fit perfectly. i lucked out with my ram charger and there happened to be some bend in the roof under the headliner so the electronics fit without having to cut a hole in the roof. and i got a sun glasses holder and empty compartment.

i was going to say, out of a 1993-1998 grand cherokee, cause we have the same console in our 98 grand cherokee. the "empty" compartment is for a garage door opener.

looks good btw!

let me know if there is anything you might need to know about it.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:08 AM
99dodge318
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie

Wow looks really good! Kinda makes you wonder why dodge never put a overhead console in the 1st gens!

Especially when they had interchangeable parts like that

Old 08-01-2012, 10:01 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stewie01
Explain!
You think I'm leaving you guys?
NO!

Got that yesterday.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:19 AM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

that a pretty nice truck
Originally Posted by redneck_ram
i was going to say, out of a 1993-1998 grand cherokee, cause we have the same console in our 98 grand cherokee. the "empty" compartment is for a garage door opener.

looks good btw!

let me know if there is anything you might need to know about it.
thanks. i was thinking about possibly using the empty compartment for switches and possibly a usb port in the future. then i could charge my phone and hide it at the same time.
Originally Posted by 99dodge318
Wow looks really good! Kinda makes you wonder why dodge never put a overhead console in the 1st gens!

Especially when they had interchangeable parts like that
thanks. the trucks always seemed to fall behind as far as technology goes.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:22 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dinged up my pride a bit today, had to go up to the neighbors house to the hill to put up a wireless radio so we can get wireless internet from the new access point on Point Lookout. Anyway it's a cow pasture on the side of a small mountain, had no trouble getting down to the fence line but I couldn't get enough momentum to get back up the small incline to get back to the gate. I knew it could be a challenge so I first dropped the rear to 35PSI from 45, maybe I shoulda dropped some more...

Tried in forward and in reverse, actually got a bit further in reverse, just couldn't get far enough.

It's all grass, fairly short in most parts, all dry, just couldn't get the damn 1 wheel drive to cooperate

Anyway, I had to go down the hill on the other side to the set of fences, the first fence was plenty wide enough but the 2nd fence opening requires a 90 degree turn to get out of, which I can't make with my short bed quad cab. Bigger problem, 2nd fence opening was only about 8 1/2' wide, had to go into that pen to get turned around and shooting straight out of the fence, got stuck again because of a small hump in the ground at the driver front tire, threw a chain under the passenger rear and got backed up.

Took about 10 minutes of careful forward and reverse and left and right, but we made it out, but not unscathed

Minor damage, the side marker was cracked anyway and I was wanting to get an all new set, am-autoparts.com has the complete set of side markers and head lights for $82.

I never had this much problem getting the Ram through crap in Georgia and I never dinged it up when I did get stuck, so my pride suffered a hit today.

Just means two things, 1) Gonna have to get a friggin set of tire chains 2) Gonna have to get a Detroit Locker for the rear.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:37 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

We made it safely to Loudon Tennessee last night, and over the ~700 mile trip the truck had absolutely ZERO problems! I am thrilled with that.

Originally Posted by Wh1t3NuKle
What route you taking on this homeward bound journey?

Sway bar is for ninnies.
We are going pretty much direct route from Knoxville TN to Seattle area. It will take us up through SD and WY... Also a bunch of other states too but I can't remember them haha.

Originally Posted by gdstock
When are you taking off on your trip? how long are you going "dark?"
We will leave TN on the 10th probably. What do you mean dark?

Old 08-01-2012, 09:46 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2x1972
On the road, not on DF.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:06 PM
gdstock
Legend

Originally Posted by 2x1972

Weren't you in the military?

Originally Posted by stewie01
On the road, not on DF.

If you would have come through this way, we could have striped that bad boy!

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?