2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 06:59 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Poor guys, I have the factory CD/Tape player with the Infinity system.

Tweeters and all.

Old 10-28-2012, 02:10 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by techningeer
Not quite that way Hammer. At least not with mine... I try moving it up or down but no go still... BTW for everybody else, on the newer years of 2nd gen Dodge trucks, you can take the CD/Tape/AM/FM combo and put it in a truck that only came from the factory with just one or the other. That was what I was told...
HA! Radios are swappable from the mid 80's well into the 2000's with vans, cars, trucks, pretty much all mopars.

I however, installed a Sony Xplod deck that I got for free. I only had to buy the wiring plug off ebay for $1.67 and got the adapter to the factory wiring harness free.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:26 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My poor truck got molested today

Found my 4 year old daughter jumping around on the roof

It's all good though, no dents

Old 10-28-2012, 05:33 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ah row-TATE-ed mah tahrs. I know, big freakin' deal, huh? But it needed doing and now it's done.

Now I get to think more seriously about finally getting those new diff covers and all of my gauges installed, which seems a good way to kill off part of a long winter weekend after the snow gets serious about hanging around. And only a year after the originally allocated time, too.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:38 PM
dlyter09
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
Ah row-TATE-ed mah tahrs. I know, big freakin' deal, huh? But it needed doing and now it's done.

Now I get to think more seriously about finally getting those new diff covers and all of my gauges installed, which seems a good way to kill off part of a long winter weekend after the snow gets serious about hanging around. And only a year after the originally allocated time, too.
Why rotate them? You can run them with huge hunks of rubber missing and everything else....

Today I used the Ram to rip the Ramcharger off of the rollback.. I sold it over a month ago and the guy came today to get it... Well these two knuckleheads could screw up a wet dream... They somehow got the bumper of the Ramcharger stuck on the bed of the rollback and couldnt get it off.. It was very comical to watch... I will upload a picture of how it was stuck in a bit...

And to add.. The front tires of the rollback were barely on the ground when they pulled out of the driveway.. It was also only secured by the winch cable in the back.. Nothing up front...

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 10-28-2012, 06:01 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dlyter09
Why rotate them? You can run them with huge hunks of rubber missing and everything else....
Yeah, and when things go bad wrong it'll be the other guy's fault, too!

Originally Posted by dlyter09
And to add.. The front tires of the rollback were barely on the ground when they pulled out of the driveway.. It was also only secured by the winch cable in the back.. Nothing up front...
I'm again really, really glad to be in Colorado. Though yesterday I saw some guys at the burger joint with a camper that was wedged into the truck bed with scrap lumber and secured by ratcheting tie-down straps... hunting season is sometimes scary that way.

Old 10-28-2012, 06:50 PM
dlyter09
Champion

haha yea... I was about to tell them that if they rented the trailer and 200 bucks id deliver it.. But they just went off on their way

Old 10-28-2012, 07:45 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

Today I took the trim off the seam between the rear pillar and the roof, and blistered the area with a hose to try and find the water leak on the passenger side.
There is a little cracking of the sealant visible, but no water made it in.
Next was to target around the rear window... also no leakage detected.
The 3rd Brake light was the last spot to try, but this I had made a new seal for a few weeks earlier, and also did not leak.

I have had to top off the radiator once a week, but this has not been going on as long as the wet floor... the wet floor seems to have coincided with heavy rain (plenty of that down here).
I initially felt the radiator level was a separate issue, as there has been a very faint bearing squeal under acceleration that has been around about as long as the low water issue, and I was suspecting a water pump...
There is no water in the oil, by the way.

The thing that has steered me way from the heater core as the culprit was the fact that everything forward and above mid floor pan is dry.
Water seems to puddle at the base of the rear pillar (~¼" deep), and works forward under the door trim, and then works out to the center of the floor pan.

Could the heater core piping be leaking at the firewall and running behind the carpet without showing any surface wetness, then flowing to the back corner of the cab?

Old 10-28-2012, 07:53 PM
dlyter09
Champion

Yea heater core can cause that.. Had it happen in my 01 Off-road. Soaked passenger floor all the way back to behind the seat.. Took forever to get that all clean

Old 10-28-2012, 08:06 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

I guess the next step is to bypass the heater core and see if the leak stops... not like I get to use the heater much... think I've used it two days in the past ten years.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?