2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 12:18 AM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

who need 4x4 when you have a good winch.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:52 AM
EndIsNear
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by stewie01
You'd be surprised what these can do in 2wd with the proper driving and momentum.
I agree. Takes a little more 'skill' to maneuver around...

Old 10-27-2012, 12:28 PM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'd be surprised what these can do in 2wd with the proper driving and momentum.
I completely agree Stewie... I 2 wheel an awful lot.

Old 10-27-2012, 12:34 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have wheeled 2wds quite a bit as well, I was just givin' ya guff stewie

Old 10-27-2012, 01:11 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

Originally Posted by Wombat Ranger
I have wheeled 2wds quite a bit as well, I was just givin' ya guff stewie
i plow in 2wd when the conditions are right. i was forced to plow in 2wd during the halloween nor'easter last year, as my pinion yoke on my front axle was bad.

if you know how to drive, and maneuver you truck correctly 2wd is a great concept!

Old 10-27-2012, 04:40 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Took her to town only to find my tape player going on the fritz Radio stations in Ga SUCK
Man, you ain't lyin'!!!

At least when I lived in Vidalia, there was a decent classic rock station in Savannah I could pick up. But in extreme south Georgia the only stations that weren't OLD country were either gospel or rap crap...

Old 10-27-2012, 04:59 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Took her to town only to find my tape player going on the fritz Radio stations in Ga SUCK
Tape player in our 1996 went bad years ago... Still plays, but with a lot of vibrato LOL... The mechanism is going bad causing it to misalign, and the heads are worn out too...

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
Man, you ain't lyin'!!!

At least when I lived in Vidalia, there was a decent classic rock station in Savannah I could pick up. But in extreme south Georgia the only stations that weren't OLD country were either gospel or rap crap...
Haha... Even not in Georgia radio stations aren't that good... Here in Iowa I can get classical, rock, rap (WHICH I HATE), Blues (I'm not that blue) and a southern gospel station that used to be good but isn't anymore... Oh and a few contemporary, country, and bluegrass (but bluegrass station is about 80-100 mi away so usually can't get it unless the wind is from the south...). So i just listen to Internet radio through my smartphone... Much better, and usually it's from Ireland too!

Old 10-27-2012, 05:09 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
Man, you ain't lyin'!!!

There is a fairly good rock station out of Tifton, problem is it's hard to get good reception in Fitz.

Originally Posted by techningeer
Tape player in our 1996 went bad years ago... Still plays, but with a lot of vibrato LOL... The mechanism is going bad causing it to misalign, and the heads are worn out too...
I'm guessing that's what's going on with mine. It worked perfectly the last time I used it, which was maybe a day before it quit working. It will accept the tape but change sides, ya know the click click, then it ejects...

Gonna have to spring for a cd player. And I really don't wanna take off my bezel, might go back on in 3 or 4 pieces....

Old 10-27-2012, 05:13 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

There is a fairly good rock station out of Tifton, problem is it's hard to get good reception in Fitz.

I'm guessing that's what's going on with mine. It worked perfectly the last time I used it, which was maybe a day before it quit working. It will accept the tape but change sides, ya know the click click, then it ejects...

Aw hell, that's the classic "match book fix" deal. Get you a book of matches and wedge in the bottom of the tape until it plays right...

Old 10-27-2012, 06:46 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Not quite that way Hammer. At least not with mine... I try moving it up or down but no go still... BTW for everybody else, on the newer years of 2nd gen Dodge trucks, you can take the CD/Tape/AM/FM combo and put it in a truck that only came from the factory with just one or the other. That was what I was told...

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?