2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 06:00 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

I got an assortment of things done today.

Started out by pulling a screw out of my back left tyre and plugging it.

I've had a faint axle like whine that has been getting louder... I thought this may have been the transfer case circlip issue allowing poor alignment of the silent chain (making it not so silent), but after fitting the TC Saver last week, this was not the case... so I took a look under the back end, and noted a drip of oil on the bottom of the pig... oil is leaking from the cover... I checked the oil level, and had to add about 6oz to top it off... Next week I'll pop the cover and reseal it.

I've been going through about a quart of coolant per week, so I nosed around for possible leaks... I was partially suspect of the heater core, as I had wet passenger floor carpet, but this seemed to coincide with heavy rain, so I had sealed all roof and rear window seams with a flowing silicone... this did not solve the problem, so to eliminate the heater core, today I bypasses the core by looping the heater hose back to the water pump... we'll see if this has any effect.

With a flashlight under the front of the truck, I noticed a faint brown line tracking down from the water pump bearing to the front of the oil pan... suspect #2 for the water consumption... new water pump is on my list now.

And last of all, I fitted an oil catch can... mounted it to the back of the heat shield for the K&N CAI.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:11 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^If you don't mind me asking, what's the point of a catch can anyways?

Brakes had been getting smushy, checked the fluid level, so I'll get some brake fluid next time I'm out.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:43 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
^If you don't mind me asking, what's the point of a catch can anyways?

Brakes had been getting smushy, checked the fluid level, so I'll get some brake fluid next time I'm out.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:56 AM
bigdogdoge93
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well being 1 am i guess its technically yesterday i did it but installed floor console dash storage where old cup holders went and cut out where shifter will go

Old 12-24-2012, 02:02 AM
FireDodge
Captain

I completely lost reverse and getting very close to losing 3rd gear... Going to have a friend who has transmission experience take a look at her and see what we can do soon.

Old 12-24-2012, 05:36 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Scrounging craigslist for another 2nd gen....frustrating.
http://motors.ebay.com/

Old 12-24-2012, 05:56 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Drove it around a few times today, gonna have to get a Borg Warner Solenoid soon, weird shift problems between 1st and 2nd aren't going away, not getting worse, just not going away. I'm really tired of dropping the transmission pan on this truck, and all the times zman told me to I still haven't installed a damn drain plug.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:58 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
^If you don't mind me asking, what's the point of a catch can anyways?...

Old 12-24-2012, 11:50 PM
EndIsNear
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am getting a complete donor pickup, and am planning on gutting the whole thing and salvaging what I need, then get rid of it. So far, I grabbed the starter, cruise control buttons, and passenger Window switch. Next to salvage is Hughes Plenum Plate, entire dash, and small things here and there. Since the dash is a slightly darker Grey, I'm contemplating on dying the plastic black, and changing the entire interior color.

Old 12-25-2012, 12:05 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Originally Posted by EndIsNear
I am getting a complete donor pickup, and am planning on gutting the whole thing and salvaging what I need, then get rid of it. So far, I grabbed the starter, cruise control buttons, and passenger Window switch. Next to salvage is Hughes Plenum Plate, entire dash, and small things here and there. Since the dash is a slightly darker Grey, I'm contemplating on dying the plastic black, and changing the entire interior color.
You found a donor with a Hughes plate? Freaking amazing.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?