2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 07:23 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sucks to live in the rust belt...

Old 11-10-2012, 08:57 PM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wombat Ranger
Noticed my paint it starting to peel on my hood
Same here except it is on the cab roof outside... Dodge recalled the paint, and I was told that you can still get the free recall painting on your Dodge Trucks from the dealer... The paint peeling was caused by the use of the wrong primer for the paint they were using...

Old 11-10-2012, 09:27 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

Well my truck came green from the factory, so I doubt they will be repainting it for free

Old 11-10-2012, 09:39 PM
Nereaga
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wombat Ranger
Sucks to live in the rust belt...
It sure does bud

Old 11-10-2012, 09:46 PM
GTXpress
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I havent been on in awhile. I see Wombat that you put some money into that truck. I finally found a Reg Cab NV4500 that I bought a couple weeks ago.

Recently, like the day after I got it I hauled an empty 35 ft gooseneck, and have since drove it around a bit and to work. Whenever I am driving it and have to shift down to third to pull some of the hills here I start screaming "I NEED LOWER GEARS!!".

Old 11-10-2012, 10:03 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by techningeer
Same here except it is on the cab roof outside... Dodge recalled the paint, and I was told that you can still get the free recall painting on your Dodge Trucks from the dealer... The paint peeling was caused by the use of the wrong primer for the paint they were using...
You got any details on that? Is that for paint or clearcoat or both? Clearcoat is almost completely peeled off the hood on my truck.

Old 11-10-2012, 10:18 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Time for new battery cables.

Went over to some friends house and all of a sudden I got the dreaded "ding ding", looked down and Check Gauges was lite, looked around, saw the battery voltage meter dodad was on completely dead, almost to my destination it comes back up to it's normal spot, light goes away. Tried to start the truck to hit the store, no start. The ends on the cables are worn and with them completely tightened it still doesn't clamp down on the battery post enough to keep them snug.

Kinda got it rigged at the moment to keep them on snug.... At least the ground cable anyway...

Probably rotate the rubber tomorrow in preparation for the trip North....

Old 11-10-2012, 10:24 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Replaced a perfectly working alternator because I tought the pully bracket on the alternator was bad, (loud squealing) when it really was just the fan belt I replaced 6 months ago....

Old 11-10-2012, 11:19 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by GTXpress
I havent been on in awhile. I see Wombat that you put some money into that truck. I finally found a Reg Cab NV4500 that I bought a couple weeks ago.

Recently, like the day after I got it I hauled an empty 35 ft gooseneck, and have since drove it around a bit and to work. Whenever I am driving it and have to shift down to third to pull some of the hills here I start screaming "I NEED LOWER GEARS!!".
Glad you finally found the right truck Randy!

Yes, a few bucks here and there have found their way into my truck... Haha (understatement of the century...) I am getting ready to re-gear and rebuild both axles with 4.88's finally (it's been a long time coming) so I hear ya on the gears problem. Post up a few pictures of your rig, I would love to see it!

PS: Be glad you didn't buy my truck, the cab is cracked the whole width of the truck, where the floor meets the rear wall. I have replaced almost everything possible to replace on this truck, (most recently the Tcase, before that the entire dash assembly...) and it just keeps staying hungry for more. After gears hopefully it will behave for a while until I get around to upgrading the steering system...

Old 11-11-2012, 04:25 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

i got my 81 running right after messing around and replacing parts. it ended up running great after i installed the old plugs. the new plug i had installed a couple of months ago must have gone bad or something. also got lots of cool crap out of the dumpster a couple doors down from were i work. it definitively made the short work day worth showing up for.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?