2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 03:09 PM
Fox Fader
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What Did You Do To Your RAM Today?

I will be making my 3rd attemp to finishing this exhaust that came with no instructions tonite.
It's been weird I've never had problem putting on an exhaust sytem in my life. They claim it easily be bolted on and used.... it's not totally bolt on....[sm=icon_beat.gif] [sm=smiley21.gif]

Old 08-10-2007, 04:08 PM
Sinister
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ryans590

ORIGINAL: Sinister

got those damn bolts off.. had to grind the bitchs.. will be purchasing new ones tomorrow
damn that sucks when i took mine off they came off with just a hand ratchet and a wrentch and they had been on there since 98...so what are you gonna put on now?
lucky you- .. i purchased all new bolts, wiregrinded the rust, and sprayed the brackets with rust primer, i've got at least another coat to put on before i spray the rockguard on it.

the new bumper is just basically a blackOEM. but i figured it would give more of her twotone color. - afterwards it'll just be the front bumper that'll need replacing one day. but its still in faily good condition.

Old 08-10-2007, 04:52 PM
bill022572
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just bought my truck about a month ago and have been loving it after a few problems right after the buy. Decided last night to rotate the tires. Surprise - after removing the front wheels I found the L/F caliper missing the upper bolt and being held on with wire. Real surprise was that the brakes were working fine. The upper bolt was broken off : was able to remove broken stub and re-tap the hole in the caliper bracket and was fine after putting back together. And I did actually get my tires rotated finally. I guess buying a used vehicle is just one surprise after another.

Old 08-10-2007, 04:56 PM
muddy_blue_dodge
Record Breaker

picked out some all terrains to go on it next week.

Old 08-10-2007, 08:01 PM
Sinister
Record Breaker

i got her on in the nick of time.. its starting to **** rain now. lightning and the whole works.

Old 08-10-2007, 09:03 PM
ryans590
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Fox Fader

I will be making my 3rd attemp to finishing this exhaust that came with no instructions tonite.
It's been weird I've never had problem putting on an exhaust sytem in my life. They claim it easily be bolted on and used.... it's not totally bolt on....[sm=icon_beat.gif] [sm=smiley21.gif]
yah there never just "bolt on"

Old 08-10-2007, 09:06 PM
ryans590
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: ryans590

got those damn bolts off.. had to grind the bitchs.. will be purchasing new ones tomorrow
damn that sucks when i took mine off they came off with just a hand ratchet and a wrentch and they had been on there since 98...so what are you gonna put on now?
lucky you- .. i purchased all new bolts, wiregrinded the rust, and sprayed the brackets with rust primer, i've got at least another coat to put on before i spray the rockguard on it.

the new bumper is just basically a blackOEM. but i figured it would give more of her twotone color. - afterwards it'll just be the front bumper that'll need replacing one day. but its still in faily good condition.

yah guess im lucky lol

i built a new one my self, had it pouder coated and put some checker plate alum. on it to break up the black abd put that on ther ill put up a pic tonight or tomorow so u can see and tell me what ya think

yours looks good btw

Old 08-10-2007, 09:16 PM
Sinister
Record Breaker

thanks, cant wait to see yours.

after i primed and sprayed the bracket with rockguard it was a pain to fit it back into the bumper.

Old 08-11-2007, 04:50 PM
ICEMAN_CH
All Star

I just got done painting the wheel wells and the cowl. Here's a tip for anyone who wants to do the same thing. I didn't think about it but your whell wells get oil all over inside of them so my suggestion to get the paint to stick is to sand it before you put it on.

Old 08-11-2007, 05:03 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So did you match the body color on the cowl or go black again?

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?