2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 07:10 PM
CSDavies26
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
Oh, that! Missed it, mentally, when I read what you did. All that registered was the manual valve. The regulator valve, it, uh, well... among other things, provides an anti-drainback check valve.

Never mind.

haha phew! its all good, i'm just waiting til i can make lots of money like you and get myself a big ol viper tranny

Old 01-14-2013, 07:36 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CSDavies26
i'm just waiting til i can make lots of money like you and get myself a big ol viper tranny
Money? I ain't got no money. I've got a second generation Ram instead.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:51 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

If I fall asleep doing my homework I might get out and tighten up the TV cable a bit.
IDK, if I will though.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:15 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,268 Likes on 3,015 Posts

What? You sleep walk, and work on your truck?

Old 01-15-2013, 10:16 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Originally Posted by HeyYou
What? You sleep walk, and work on your truck?
I WISH!

No, I fall asleep while I am supposed to be doing something and I go outside and do something to wake up.

Besides, it is barely going to break freezing today.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:12 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,268 Likes on 3,015 Posts

Changed out my leaking radiator, pulled my plugs, and had a look at them... They were a bit ashy, but, aside from that, looked pretty good, so, put 'em back in. Dropped the blower to see if there was a bunch of crud in there... nope, not really, cleaned out a few pine needles.... Burped my cooling system, but, my heat is still really anemic. Truck runs MUCH better though today. But then, it's below freezing... so, not really a big surprise. Wait till it warms up some more again, and THEN see if it still runs good. Then I will declare it 'fixed'.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:31 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Changed out my leaking radiator, pulled my plugs, and had a look at them... They were a bit ashy, but, aside from that, looked pretty good, so, put 'em back in. Dropped the blower to see if there was a bunch of crud in there... nope, not really, cleaned out a few pine needles.... Burped my cooling system, but, my heat is still really anemic. Truck runs MUCH better though today. But then, it's below freezing... so, not really a big surprise. Wait till it warms up some more again, and THEN see if it still runs good. Then I will declare it 'fixed'.
I did a radiator replacement earlier last year, it has to be one of the easiest things to replace on these trucks

Old 01-15-2013, 07:52 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

Originally Posted by stewie01
I did a radiator replacement earlier last year, it has to be one of the easiest things to replace on these trucks
absolutely! i had to remove the radiator on my honda prelude just to change the slave cylinder for the clutch. talk about a pain in the ***!

Old 01-15-2013, 08:34 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Did you clean them off before you put them back in?
Originally Posted by stewie01
The 76 sorta needs a new rad....it's OLD. lol

Didn't do the TV cable adjustment today, too cold. Gonna maybe try tomorrow. Picked up a pizza in it though, truck hates the cold. lol I could feel the truck groaning as I backed out.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:37 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
Did you clean them off before you put them back in?

The 76 sorta needs a new rad....it's OLD. lol

Didn't do the TV cable adjustment today, too cold. Gonna maybe try tomorrow. Picked up a pizza in it though, truck hates the cold. lol I could feel the truck groaning as I backed out.
My transmission will "whine" a little in Reverse when it's cold out. Once it warms up a bit she's quiet. So I take the most appropriate action and ignore it

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?