2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 08:57 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stewie01
The old "over qualified". Don't ya hate when that happens.
yeah it sucked! i may possibly be getting my old job back. working at a gas station. only this time ill be doing oil changes and such!

Old 01-28-2013, 10:00 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't like any of the chains, but back in Shreveport Advance Auto was the best. We don't even have them out here though. Autozone, Oreillys, and Carquest are the main stores, but I shop at a small locally owned shop that has good people working there.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:56 AM
CSDavies26
Veteran

Originally Posted by redneck_ram
i actually had an interview at a different local AZ a few years back. i didnt get the job..... why you ask? because i knew too much. the manager was impressed with my knowledge, and even told me so. but i guess the retard who knew absolutely nothing about autos got the job.
That's really strange, my manager at advance absolutely will not hire anyone who doesn't atleast have a basic mechanical knowledge. Except maybe if its a delivery driver position. maybe the autozone manager was afraid you were gonna ask for too high of pay to start. You can start the idiots at a lot lower than the useful employees!

Old 01-29-2013, 12:07 PM
~moparlove~
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got another good AZ story for you guys. so the same day that i went there for my stuff, my buddy went there to pick up oil and a filter for his moms newer caravan (i dont know what year). but he asked the guy behind the counter (different guy that i had) to look up the oil filter. the guy said its not showing up. so my buddy goes, "ok. ill just go check the book." the employee said "well if its not showing up on my computer, the books going to say the same thing". my bud looks in the book and there it is.

so heres my own personal opinions on auto stores by me... pepboys is for the ricers and the pretty boys due to their quantity of stick on horsepower, autozone just likes to **** people off and is for people that dont really need to do work on their car, advanced has what you need and they know what theyre talking about and o'reilys is the last place to go. its like pulling out the big guns. if they dont have it, or know what youre talking about, then it doesnt exist lol

Old 01-29-2013, 01:20 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You give oreillys too much credit. They are still another idiot-hiring big chain franchise store. The only thing they got going for them is that all their electrical stuff is borgwarner parts.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:22 PM
Arde
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

When I lived in Houston, I used to compare prices before making a purchase. It always made O'Reillys the place to go. I don't bother anymore, I just go to O'Reillys. Have always had good results with their employees, knowledgeable and helpful.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:26 PM
Arde
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wombat Ranger
You give oreillys too much credit. They are still another idiot-hiring big chain franchise store. The only thing they got going for them is that all their electrical stuff is borgwarner parts.
Guess I've just gone to the stores that are the exceptions to the rule.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:28 PM
Jigabop
Champion

Originally Posted by Wombat Ranger
you forgot napa in your list..

also oreillys has something else going for it..

they are open late unlike every other auto parts store...so the working man can swing by and pick up parts after he gets off of work.

NAPA off 180th in kent/tukwila has something going for it...the cashier chick there is smokin hot wouldn't mind givin her an oil change and polish her airbags

Old 01-29-2013, 01:47 PM
CSDavies26
Veteran

Originally Posted by Jigabop
you forgot napa in your list..

also oreillys has something else going for it..

they are open late unlike every other auto parts store...so the working man can swing by and pick up parts after he gets off of work.

NAPA off 180th in kent/tukwila has something going for it...the cashier chick there is smokin hot wouldn't mind givin her an oil change and polish her airbags
^LOL

Actually from what i've heard NAPA tends to hire good lookin girls to work in there stores. More than a couple mechanics who regularly come in to advance have told me that they'll order from NAPA every so often just so that they can have one of the "hot delivery girls" drive to their shop. Its a sorry way to get business but hey, whatever works hah.

p.s. advance stores are open til atleast 9 pm, mine is til 10 pm

Old 01-29-2013, 01:56 PM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I lived in birmingham we had a 24 hr autozone. That was nice.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?