2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 04:22 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol
You missed the point. Purple smoke. Purple is one of the colors commonly associated with gays. lol

Old 07-09-2013, 04:24 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by beginningjockey
Proves that Ford IDIs can produce more smoke than Cummins? yes I knew that already...
Who cares, that S*** should be illegal truck impounded and opt fined up the rear end for polluting.

Old 07-09-2013, 04:33 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Originally Posted by merc225hp
Who cares, that S*** should be illegal truck impounded and opt fined up the rear end for polluting.
I seafoamed my Ram, so does that mean my truck should be impounded and I be fined up the *** for it?

It's not government's duty to do that ****. Come on.

Old 07-09-2013, 04:41 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
lol
You missed the point. Purple smoke. Purple is one of the colors commonly associated with gays. lol
O **** lol! So purple fireworks are gay to, huh?

Originally Posted by merc225hp
Most people never do that on a regular basis...

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
I seafoamed my Ram, so does that mean my truck should be impounded and I be fined up the *** for it?

It's not government's duty to do that ****. Come on.
DD is right.. The government has their nose in too much stuff already, either their nose needs to be cut off or they need to pull it out. It's a proven fact, emissions controls do NOT lower the amount of emissions! Its undeniable that emissions stuff causes engines to use more fuel, and strain to make rated power. So if you get rid of emissions cr@p, then people will use less fuel =less exhaust, more power=the engine doesn't have to run as hard, which once again means less exhaust. I'm fine with certain emissions controls, such as fuel tank vapour purge, crankcase ventilation, and air injection (injecting air into the hot exhaust causes CO and NOx to be formed into H2O and CO2, with a proper exhaust setup it won't restrict exhaust at all). Properly designed they will have absolutely no negative effect on the engine and reduce CO and other obviously bad gases...

Old 07-09-2013, 04:44 PM
Jigabop
Champion

I try not to produce extra smoke, but sometimes it just can't be helped...

I was in 4th gear and one of the passengers wanted me to do a burnout infront of his parents house (seen in the left of the picture) so I held the brake down which bogged down the motor and floored the skinny pedal...

truck went...smoke....twins spooled, very light smoke and both 35" mud tires screaming.

the thing does haze all of the time though...

this is the idle haze on a cold motor:

when the engine is warm it lightens up to a barely visible haze.

and I don't wanna hear it about pollution. that truck blowing black coal year round for 10 years produces less pollution than the manufacturing process of a single Toyota prius...

diesel exhaust like that settles to the ground as dust and blows away. does no more pollution than a small camp fire or bar-b-que or chimley...

now in that ford pic...just sitting in one spot blowing smoke just to blow smoke? and coloring it? gives the rest of us a bad name...

Old 07-09-2013, 04:47 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Originally Posted by Jigabop
I try not to produce extra smoke, but sometimes it just can't be helped...

I was in 4th gear and one of the passengers wanted me to do a burnout infront of his parents house (seen in the left of the picture) so I held the brake down which bogged down the motor and floored the skinny pedal...

truck went...smoke....twins spooled, very light smoke and both 35" mud tires screaming.

the thing does haze all of the time though...

this is the idle haze on a cold motor:

when the engine is warm it lightens up to a barely visible haze.

and I don't wanna hear it about pollution. that truck blowing black coal year round for 10 years produces less pollution than the manufacturing process of a single Toyota prius...

diesel exhaust like that settles to the ground as dust and blows away. does no more pollution than a small camp fire or bar-b-que or chimley...

now in that ford pic...just sitting in one spot blowing smoke just to blow smoke? and coloring it? gives the rest of us a bad name...
Diesel exhaust that is black is mostly carbon, which is ACTUALLY HELPFUL to the environment.

I do have to agree with Jig that coloring exhaust was pretty dumb...

Old 07-09-2013, 04:47 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Originally Posted by beginningjockey
O **** lol! So purple fireworks are gay to, huh?

Most people never do that on a regular basis...

DD is right.. The government has their nose in too much stuff already, either their nose needs to be cut off or they need to pull it out. It's a proven fact, emissions controls do NOT lower the amount of emissions! Its undeniable that emissions stuff causes engines to use more fuel, and strain to make rated power. So if you get rid of emissions cr@p, then people will use less fuel =less exhaust, more power=the engine doesn't have to run as hard, which once again means less exhaust. I'm fine with certain emissions controls, such as fuel tank vapour purge, crankcase ventilation, and air injection (injecting air into the hot exhaust causes CO and NOx to be formed into H2O and CO2, with a proper exhaust setup it won't restrict exhaust at all). Properly designed they will have absolutely no negative effect on the engine and reduce CO and other obviously bad gases...
Purple fireworks can't help but be gay. But if you're going to make your truck smoke, purple is not the color for it. Makes it look like cheech and chong went wild. lol

Nice write up on government regulation! I like cats, cats are good. Keeps my eyes from burning. lol

Old 07-09-2013, 05:36 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Cats, well, if the engine is properly tuned, they aren't even needed. There's a member here on DF, who sucessfully passed California emissions with a gutted cat and a performance SCT tune...

Half the problem is that factory cats aren't big enough.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:43 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is there supposed to be a "clicking" sound on a front wheel drive CV Axle vehicle?

When I rotate the passenger front tire on the wifes car, I'm talkin a tiny amount, maybe an 1" forward and backwards, there's a clicking noise.

It gets much louder with more force behind the tire rotation...

Didn't find anything on the driver rear besides a completly torn up shock boot. Everything else is nice and tight...

Last edited by stewie01; 07-09-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:44 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Put your hand on the CV shaft, if it wiggles up and down, time to replace it...

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread