2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 03:51 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

None, you might get some black/grey sludge junk as well since it has sat so long. Most of the older 2 strokes will spit unburnt oil/gas left right and center, nice oil slick on the lake water is/was commun when trolling.

Last edited by merc225hp; 09-08-2013 at 03:54 PM.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:40 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnn123
I can believe it dude... My local wal-mart hired on a guy I know who doesn't know oil has different weights and such for the auto-shop.

Edit: Ok didnt realize computer stopped typing... Two nights ago I spilled a whole can of coke on my passenger seat, ughh what a mess! Seats stained and truck smells from it now. Been sprayin air freshner all day in it today and had all the windows open to get the smell out. Looks like I need seat covers now.
Hiding Coke in Coke cans now huh? Brilliant!

Oh @ redneck: Try being a DM at Wal-Mart and getting your pick during hiring process only to have idiots and lazy jerks to choose from.. Mostly lazy. They want a check with only doing the minimal amount of work

Old 09-08-2013, 06:45 PM
BBartow
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Johnn123
Two nights ago I spilled a whole can of coke on my passenger seat, ughh what a mess! Seats stained and truck smells from it now. Been sprayin air freshner all day in it today and had all the windows open to get the smell out. Looks like I need seat covers now.
That sucks. I love my seat covers, heavy duty and the part you sit on is able to come off and be washed. I guess Realtree doesn't make too many seat covers since all the ones I could find were the same cheap windbreaker material. The ones I have now are discontinued and can only be found on Amazon unfortunately.

Amazon.com: SPG Universal Seat Cover - Realtree AP: Sports & Outdoors Amazon.com: SPG Universal Seat Cover - Realtree AP: Sports & Outdoors

Old 09-08-2013, 07:02 PM
Jigabop
Champion

my old gigabit router died the other day...

It wasn't much of a firewall, but it was better than nothing. it at least put something between our network and comcast. even though the comcast modem has a router built in, I still make it hop another router because comcast can remote into their modem/router and gain full access to your network...F-that!

So today I went out and bought an actual hardware firewall appliance. does 225Mbps LAN to WAN throughput through the SPI firewall.
If I turn on UTM services (Unified Threat Management - basically network anti-virus + advanced packet filtering) it drops down to 30Mbps throughput.
also allows 90Mbps throughput for SSL VPN

unlike a broadband router, this thing will also detect and protect against DDoS attacks.

bit more spendy than another router, but worth it as it is a business class hardware firewall/router/NATS

Name:  20130908_150817_zps1a31bbd8.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  57.7 KB
haven't even bothered with cable management yet due to issues I had to fix. I'll eventually organize it, but for now I just got everything hooked back up properly and working as of an hour ago..

Unit on top is the new firewall/NATS

center unit is the main switch for the house...all other switches, wifi access points, and computers hook into there. bottom left is the cable modem, bottom right is the 8TB RAID-5 NAS (Network Attached Storage) box. (holds all of the movies and tv shows I download/rip so they can be watched on-demand from any tv in the house)

All of that equip and all of the other computers and tv's are hooked to UPS's (Uninterrupted Power Supply) that are not shown in the pic.. got 2 under the desk where the pic was taken, 2 smaller ones hooked to my work machine, and 3 other larger ones hooked to the rest of the computers/entertainment centers. only had to buy one of the UPS's the rest were from work. Working in I.T. has its perks

Last edited by Jigabop; 09-08-2013 at 07:04 PM.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:04 PM
Johnn123
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by BBartow
That sucks. I love my seat covers, heavy duty and the part you sit on is able to come off and be washed. I guess Realtree doesn't make too many seat covers since all the ones I could find were the same cheap windbreaker material. The ones I have now are discontinued and can only be found on Amazon unfortunately.

Amazon.com: SPG Universal Seat Cover - Realtree AP: Sports & Outdoors
Thank you sir, those are gorgeous! I will order those next weekend!

Old 09-08-2013, 09:26 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Originally Posted by stewie01
And facebook page.
What?
Those shouldn't linked....

Old 09-09-2013, 08:43 AM
stewie01
Legend

^^ Found you on FaceBook

Anywho, been fighting some Wireless Internet gremlins, lately speeds have been craptastic and lots of dropped connections to the AP with the message: lost connection, no beacons received.

Been searching the MikroTik forums and that issue seems to happen a lot with no clear answer to the problem.

Anyway I noticed last night that the connection speed for the link to the Groove was only 10Mb Full Duplex instead of 100Mb Full Duplex.

Switched out the PoE Injector this morning and bam, 100M Full Duplex is back. Right off the Internet was TERRIBLE, during which Chrome hung, after a force close the Internet was back to normal, speed tests in the high 8+Mbps, streaming HD Video like a champ...

Got to wonder about that 10M vs. 100Mb link speed....

Old 09-09-2013, 09:09 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hankook rolls out airless tire concept

I'm hoping to buy a Tesla in a few years, and these wheels/tires would save weight while enhancing performance.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:46 AM
stewie01
Legend

^ Those look interesting. But I wonder how much they'll cost...

Old 09-09-2013, 09:58 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Originally Posted by stewie01
^^ Found you on FaceBook

Looks like I'm off to go dig through settings.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread