2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 07:25 PM
BBartow
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zman17
3 guests that won't find the info they might be looking for because it's here in the 2nd gen OT thread! And 3 more people that might not register here on DF. What part of that do you not get?
I never said they should post here instead of the 1st Gen section, it should go in the appropriate section. All I said was that there's not a lot of people who view the 1st Gen section.

Old 09-04-2013, 07:29 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
You guys need to keep your First Gen talk in the First Gen section...PERIOD. I, for one, and sick and tired of you immature and self centered juveniles running roughshod over every thread you see fit with your conversations that do not pertain to the topic at hand.

The highjackings you people execute are in no way reflecting of the usual ebb and flow of a discussion, so either take it to the proper forum, take it to PM, or lastly, get each others' email addresses and take your conversations there.

The moderators would best serve the Forum by deleting the hijackings you two keep committing along with banning you from the forum until such time as you cease treating it like your own personal playground.

I am in no way kidding and mean every word of it.

Knock it off.
And since when do YOU actually attempt to help people rather than just posting sarcasm or telling them to search?

When did you do that? Because I haven't seen it recently.

And for the record, if you actually read the tech threads, I DO try to help people and do my best to stay on topic. I have also cut way back on my OT in the general discussion threads. Maybe YOU should take yourself to the proper forum, seeing as you haven't been much help as of late yourself.

Pot calling the damn kettle black as I see it.

Old 09-04-2013, 07:40 PM
Johnn123
Record Breaker

That's a sickly, wet, malnourished, dying bear.
That would make sense , and explain why its so skinny. Odd, in my experience sickly animals are always in hiding and ya never see them. I'm no outdoorsman though haha

Old 09-04-2013, 07:41 PM
BBartow
Captain

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread-1rr6myn.jpg

Old 09-04-2013, 07:53 PM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01
This was spotted on a forest cam not too far from here.. No idea what it is

That looks more like some kind of orangutan to me

Old 09-04-2013, 07:57 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

3 guests that won't find the info they might be looking for because it's here in the 2nd gen OT thread! And 3 more people that might not register here on DF. What part of that do you not get?
all the info i posted here is available in the first gen section if they can figure out how to use the broken search feature

Old 09-04-2013, 08:43 PM
tired old man
Veteran

Originally Posted by stewie01
Got the deck figured out on the mower. My daughter decided to use the deck as a bouncy board the other day and I think she just bent the adjustment rod on the left side.

Took the deck off, looked everything over, there is no straight up adjustment besides the front links, bent the rod back a little and everything is good now

In other news the wifey is hesitant to look into trading for that 3rd Gen
This spring when I first ran my rider it was cutting long on one side and nearly scalping the other. Made the first pass and noticed it right away.

Got it on the 'crete and did some measuring couldn't figure how to adjust it then I noticed the rear tire was a little low. A quick shot from the compressor and all was well.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:49 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tired old man
This spring when I first ran my rider it was cutting long on one side and nearly scalping the other. Made the first pass and noticed it right away.

Got it on the 'crete and did some measuring couldn't figure how to adjust it then I noticed the rear tire was a little low. A quick shot from the compressor and all was well.
I aired up the tires, but I think the hanger for the deck on the left side was bent a little out of place. Things got a lot better once we bent it back into place a little, didn't take much.

Life is good now...

But we both looked the deck over and over, even took it off the mower, there is no straight up deck adjustment, only the front links.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:52 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

You should stop breaking your lawn equipment, stewie.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:58 PM
tired old man
Veteran

On my Ariens there were two pieces of bent metal with threads on one end that you could adjust the deckside to side. One was nearly worn through so I made new ones out of redirod.

I worried a little about them just wearing through to but they lasted the rest of the mowers live. I put the connecting rod out the side of the engine on that one, now I have a Murray that is probably older than the Ariens was but is in much better shape than the Ariens ever was while I had it.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread