2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 10:53 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BBartow
Anyone running a Mopar Performance ECU? If so, what is your opinion?
A couple of others and me are using them, I don't see the others around too much. You will have to pry it outta my cold dead *** hands to get it from me. In other words I love it, it takes to mods just fine.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:55 PM
BBartow
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by merc225hp
A couple of others and me are using them, I don't see the others around too much. You will have to pry it outta my cold dead *** hands to get it from me. In other words I love it, it takes to mods just fine.
Dammit, I just made this into a thread. But thank you.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:05 PM
merc225hp
Champion

Originally Posted by AppelH
Neck and back eh, those things are important to ride. Is it a good thing you got that from revy though? Too many tourists ( and we would would have been included in that). We always avoided it because of the terrible theft problems. People we rode with regularly at home had issues. One of them had a four place trailer full of sleds stolen, then the dude decided to dump it over a bank lol

This should probably be in the off topic thread haha.
Revy lost it after a big mess they had two/three years ago, a local guy was high marking and he caused an avalanche dumb F, anyway that killed there rep and two people I think. It was during Revys big hillclimbing contest. That and people from Alberta where killing off their wives, they take them up the mountain with no exp and say see you later, only they did not see them later, I think four wives passed that year.

Link to said misshap http://www.509films.com/blog/snowmob...oke-avalanche/

As for theft yep it still goes on just not near as bad, all the hotels/motels have midnight security now, this has helped lot's. Last year up here we almost had too much snow to go sledding av level was very high. I might go back to grooming this year as a volunteer if I do picks for sure.

Yep a fuzed neck and fuzed lower back bought all my fun sports to a end oh well. Sledding and wack**** are what I miss the most.

Last edited by merc225hp; 10-23-2013 at 11:16 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:28 PM
AppelH
Captain

Holy s***... Wow. The big iron, watched plenty of videos of that one. When I first read your post I thought you meant people would kill their wives and take them into the backcountry to hid them... Terrible I know but that's what I thought i read.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:31 PM
AppelH
Captain

Yeah when we went up there we were super careful. It was actually the first time we had seen big Hills like that. We wernt really hillclimbers, but we were definitely experienced backcountry riders. Mostly boondocking, technical riding down where we rode. The first time I saw one of those huge Avalanche chutes I almost messed myself. One of our friends went up it a little bit, and didn't even get past the base to the steep part before he powered out.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:42 PM
merc225hp
Champion

Holy s***... Wow. The big iron, watched plenty of videos of that one. When I first read your post I thought you meant people would kill their wives and take them into the backcountry to hid them... Terrible I know but that's what I thought i read.
Well you never know what goes on out here, the lake might be a better place to get rid of a body, people that drown here are most times never found, the undertow is just too strong. Average number that drown each year is about 31.

Yeah when we went up there we were super careful. It was actually the first time we had seen big Hills like that. We wernt really hillclimbers, but we were definitely experienced backcountry riders. Mostly boondocking, technical riding down where we rode. The first time I saw one of those huge Avalanche chutes I almost messed myself. One of our friends went up it a little bit, and didn't even get past the base to the steep part before he powered out.
It's funny to watch newbies sled up here, all talk and no *****, they get to the base and its lets go, then its like you want me to go where up there lol, then there is crossing the av areas that bring most to a dead stop. I was lucky to get two years sledding here it was great, I was a ditch pounder out in MB 3000+ miles a year on a sled. If you ever make it up here or have the wish to go sledding/boating let me know and I can set it up for you.

Last edited by merc225hp; 10-23-2013 at 11:44 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:01 AM
AppelH
Captain

It's funny to watch newbies sled up here, all talk and no *****, they get to the base and its lets go, then its like you want me to go where up there lol, then there is crossing the av areas that bring most to a dead stop. I was lucky to get two years sledding here it was great, I was a ditch pounder out in MB 3000+ miles a year on a sled. If you ever make it up here or have the wish to go sledding/boating let me know and I can set it up for you.
I know allll about it. Too many times we were held back form what we were trying to because we had people with us that had absolutely no business there...i usually never even knew who brought them along they just seemed to show up. I still remember this big guy riding a King Cat (back when they were the big thing) just riding along in front of me, along a single track through a flat meadow. His ski (and only his ski) got barely pulled off into fresh snow. He proceeded to stop, get off his sled, and manhandle his whole front end, by hand, the six inches back onto the trail. I just couldn't believe it. You spent how much on this high end mt sled and cant handle a few inches of fresh snow?

I started riding when I was 7 until i was 19, every weekend every winter for 12 years. It was the one thing i was great at. The looks I got when I was like 14 and like 130 lbs and rolled up on my Mt Phazer still make me laugh. And in case you didn't know, a mt phazer is when you take a stock phazer, and transplant a Yamaha 700 triple out of a Mt Max into it, with triple pipes and a 151" track. Man that was one mean sounding mother.

Old 10-24-2013, 12:08 AM
AppelH
Captain

And I will definitely hit you up if i ever get the chance again. Man, I miss sledding, that was my whole life before i came to college. Than life happened, having twins at 22 while trying to finish my degree has been a bit of a challenge, a little earlier than I would have liked haha. No toys for me for awhile.

Old 10-24-2013, 12:14 AM
merc225hp
Champion

I remember the old Vmax sleds right outta star wars, what a sled back then. I started sledding also back when I was 13 (49 now) the good old days of front leaf springs and bogie wheel rear suspension lol, tnt's, nordics, blizzards, scorpions, jd's, moto skis, jags, crappy headlights and no hand warmers and junk helmets if you had one, -40 and lets go sledding.

Bring the whole family up, summer you can still sled and we can help with the accommodation costs.

Edit: I pulled up Powder lites web site, check out the stuff he builds.

http://www.powderlites.com/products.php

Last edited by merc225hp; 10-24-2013 at 12:29 AM.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:29 AM
AppelH
Captain

I remember the old Vmax sleds right outta star wars, what a sled back then. I started sledding also back when I was 13 (49 now) the good old days of front leaf springs and bogie wheel rear suspension lol, tnt's, nordics, blizzards, scorpions, jd's, moto skis, jags, crappy headlights and no hand warmers and junk helmets if you had one, -40 and lets go sledding.

Bring the whole family up, summer you can still sled and we can help with the accommodation costs.
Lets see, my list of sleds I rode; its a miracle i can remember them: '84 enticer 340. My learner sled, I beat the crap out of that thing. then a brand new indy 340, then the phazer, burned the motor and got a indy trail 500. AFter that, dropped the 700 triple-triple into the phazer chassis. Then my dads hand me down, heavily modified Mt Viper. That thing was an animal, probably one of the best running vipers around, that didnt have internal motor work done anyways. I beat everyone we rode with on that thing. Then when my dad upgraded to the Ski-doo XP, I got his basically brand new Dragon RMK. Mostly stock, but still the most powerful thing I had up to that point.

haha dont tempt me. They are pretty little still (15 months) I have to give it a couple years yet until they travel a little better. How late does your riding season go? Generally we would end late April/early may, but I know your seasons last way longer than that.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread