2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 07:40 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

called summit racing tonight... returning the longtubes, and y-pipe for my money back. pretty pumped about getting a exhaust back on there that i dont have to mangle to make work!

stock exhaust manifolds, and the jegs y-pipe, with a cat welded onto it. flowmaster stainless steel american thunder exhaust system will come after that.

Old 12-03-2013, 07:59 AM
ChillyPhil
All Star

Yeah I think my header gaskets blew again. Atleast the driver side must of. Gay tranny is randomly sleeping every month or so. I don't understand because all I pull is a quad...

Can't believe Paul Walker passed though.. Radio said there was a power steering fluid trail leading up to where they crashed.

Last edited by ChillyPhil; 12-03-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:25 AM
aofarrell2
Champion

Originally Posted by ChillyPhil
Yeah I think my header gaskets blew again. Atleast the driver side must of. Gay tranny is randomly sleeping every month or so. I don't understand because all I pull is a quad...

Can't believe Paul Walker passed though.. Radio said there was a power steering fluid trail leading up to where they crashed.
Lol I don't use exhaust manifold gaskets. I just have the manifold machined when I take it off. I've got a leak on my downpipe though... Probably gonna get headers.

Old 12-03-2013, 10:13 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ChillyPhil

A Porsche crashed and burst into flames and no one bats an eye. Three Tesla Model S sedans strike objects (with enough force to have destroyed an ICE powered vehicle), warn the driver to exit the vehicle, and minutes later are engulfed in a slowly building fire -- and people want to scream about how dangerous electric vehicles are.

Old 12-03-2013, 12:49 PM
dlyter09
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wombat Ranger
Nice, what have you collected and what are the plans? And what happened to the Fart? I mean, Dart.

First I was like "Who is this? I don't remember that name."

Then I saw '96 F1500HD and knew exactly who is was.

Then I was like "Why can't he pick a name and stay with it?"
I got a transmission and axles for it. Axles are at a buddies house right now. I want to get it up and driving then I am gonna be putting all new gaskets on the top end of the motor. Been leaking stuff for a while now. After that more lift bigger tires and have a good running truck. May eventually do a motor swap but that's down the road a ways. And as for the dart well I decided to rear end someone on the highway. Traffic came to a stop and the guy in front of me brushed the rear of someone and I just couldn't stop in time. So that's in the shop now. Letting insurance fight all the upcoming my back and neck hurt battles

Old 12-03-2013, 01:50 PM
Rebel541
Professional

Originally Posted by Gary-L
A Porsche crashed and burst into flames and no one bats an eye. Three Tesla Model S sedans strike objects (with enough force to have destroyed an ICE powered vehicle), warn the driver to exit the vehicle, and minutes later are engulfed in a slowly building fire -- and people want to scream about how dangerous electric vehicles are.
The third Tesla S to catch fire in the last 2 months was about 50 miles from me. Apparantly, the guy ran over a tow hitch that was in the road and punctured the battery pack. He was able to pull off the road and get out, but the front of the car ended up melting into I-24. I'm not sure how high the damage estimate would be if one of our trucks hit a tow hitch that fell out out someone's pickup, but I'm fairly certain it would be less than the $120k loss this guy had!
http://www.tennessean.com/viewart/20...S01/311090005/

Old 12-03-2013, 02:17 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rebel541
The third Tesla S to catch fire in the last 2 months was about 50 miles from me. Apparantly, the guy ran over a tow hitch that was in the road and punctured the battery pack. He was able to pull off the road and get out, but the front of the car ended up melting into I-24. I'm not sure how high the damage estimate would be if one of our trucks hit a tow hitch that fell out out someone's pickup, but I'm fairly certain it would be less than the $120k loss this guy had!
http://www.tennessean.com/viewart/20...S01/311090005/
The loss may have been greater; however, people (in general) have been claiming Tesla vehicles to be fire dangers. Ford sure managed to start quite a few fires with faulty cruise control systems, and that's just one example off the top of my head.

Old 12-03-2013, 04:14 PM
Rebel541
Professional

Don't forget the wonderful Ford Pinto and the Chevy Corvair!

Old 12-03-2013, 09:17 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone need spoilers on The Blacklist fall finale?

Old 12-03-2013, 10:43 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We are never going to go backwards towards simple, easy to work on, and long lasting automobiles, so I don't even pay attention to this kind of stuff. I will keep buying old cheap projects. Dub you are the only reason I even know anything about this.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread