2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 10:25 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Originally Posted by dakotas ram
well, for the most part, america calls themselves a christian nation with some level of decency and morals
Yeah, but, the definition of 'decency and morals' varies dramatically by location. I just find it odd that ridiculous amounts of blood, gore, and savagery, are ok for teens, but, show a womans breast, and it is instantly adult only. I think Europe is just the opposite though?

Humans are funny things.....

Old 05-18-2010, 10:49 AM
dakotas ram
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'm not saying that i condone either, but i totally understand what youre saying

Old 05-18-2010, 11:39 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

i'm not saying that i condone either, but i totally understand what youre saying
I think this is one that parents should make the call on. Not society, or the damn government. If YOUR child is stable/mature enough to play the games, I don't see a problem with it. If not, well, then they shouldn't be playing. Trouble is..... a see a fair percentage of parents that are basically just gene donors..... they do not take much of an interest in actually RAISING their kids.

And we wonder why our society is so screwed up. Well, Ok. not really. I KNOW why our society is so screwed up.

Old 05-18-2010, 12:52 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Has anyone seen the movie bitch slap?
I just did and I regret dedicating that spot on my netflix queue to that "movie". ugh...

Old 05-18-2010, 03:18 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

well, for the most part, america calls themselves a christian nation with some level of decency and morals
America may call ourselves that, but that statement is far from the truth of what many of the "citizens" of America really are. Just look at the crap called the youth of america.

Old 05-18-2010, 04:36 PM
redneckrocket38
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our lovely pres doesn't seem to think were are a Christian nation?

Old 05-18-2010, 04:38 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PurplDodge
Just look at the crap called the youth of america.
I knew a girl who was a member of a "lost generation" full of self-centered party animals with no regard for the consequences of their actions. Her parents were deeply troubled by the behavior of her and her peers who seemed to have little regard for the law and common morality. She died a few years ago at the age of 98 years -- she was my grandmother who came of age during the Roaring Twenties.

Same as it ever was.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:15 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by redneckrocket38
Our lovely pres doesn't seem to think were are a Christian nation?
He can think all he wants, and a monkey can take a dump in their hand and throw it at people... Same thing in my book...

In my opinion? This country really isn't a "Christian" nation anymore. What with legal immigration and illegal, the rise of newer, unorthodox faiths, and the general lack of faith in itself tells me that we aren't as loving as we once were where the bible is concerned.

My personal take is that I believe in one higher power and that is it. Now, whether it be God, Allah, Ywahi, or what have you, I don't know and don't really care to know. My reason for this? Simple: How many of you know the difference between a true Catholic, Jew, and Muslim? A prophet. That's it. These wars that have been going on for thousands of years now are all based on a frigging prophet. Who was the last? That's the argument. Fore go the "holy land" argument for now. Plus the whole idea of what was trimmed from the "original" bible way back when scares the living hell out of me.

I don't mind that you guys talk about this topic a lot, but I do ask that if we want to discuss this more, that we take it to a thread in OT's subforum entitled: Political and Religious talk, found here

For those of you that are nonmembers, sorry, but you have to join to see that section.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:42 PM
redneckrocket38
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks laramie I was unware of that subforum.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:29 PM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Of all the car related forums on the interwebs, I just joined modifiedpowerwheels.com lol.... my girls are gonna LOVVVVE me haha There are power wheels on there with more mods than most of us here hahaha, more power, lights, music, working gauges, lift kits, turbo button mods, etc etc....

Like father, like daughters Time to hotrod their rides now

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread