2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 03:12 PM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it's a great show haha. Season 6! Wow... Lol. Hope they keep on going.

In other news, I talked to the DOT today about the new law in Iowa that allows us farmers exemptions from CDL licenses . Now I just need to get farm plates, update my registration, and pass a safety inspection. I will also need to stop at weigh stations, but I can put up with that. DOT officer explained the whole procedure to me. I can work with the new regulations. I'll need to get my equipment up to date and working properly so I can pass an inspection.

The interesting part of the whole thing is that they only check to make sure you do not exceed the tonnage on your registration and that you do not exceed the weight rating of the tires. They ignore manufacturer vehicle weight ratings under the new regulations. That does not mean that I intend to go out and haul ridiculous loads lol.

And now I am waiting for the cell phone store to call me back. They claim that I am in a new two year agreement, which unfortunately for them I did NOT sign. They are trying to dig up the physical contract (hoping to be able to say I did sign one even though I didn't), good luck to them, they ain't gonna find it and I ain't gonna pay early termination fees as I did not sign a contract... Lol. I'm getting tough with them this time. Not letting them bastards get away with it this time.

Old 03-11-2014, 03:29 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Learned today that ethanol isn't already mixed into the gas, rather it happens at the pump.

Name:  20140311_100124_zpsyksfs2sl.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  44.3 KB

Name:  20140311_100126_zpskdhzatev.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  57.3 KB

The owner was out changing the cans of ethanol, I was picking and asked if he still had to put that stuff in there, he said no, but when they rebuilt the gas station it cost an extra $2000 for the ethanol dispensing equipment, and he was afraid to switch back to regular gasoline because of the cost and the risk that the government may push ethanol down our throats again...

Old 03-11-2014, 03:31 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Guy over on OBN figured out why Casey's gas is cheaper and much poorer than others...

They mix water in with their gasoline. Literally. He separated fuel from different casey's, same thing. Even at a new caseys that couldn't possibly have condensation in the tank to that extent. That's why it knocks easier than other gas and doesn't quite smell right.

Old 03-11-2014, 03:46 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by aofarrell2
I don't understand why everyone keeps saying it's not real because of all the reprecussions that occur when repo'ing. That's real life! C'mon... Repo people have got to be tuff nuts to do what they do. Being fought back at is a common occurence...
It is not real though it is based on real life experiences, everything on the show is staged. I used to watch until I found this out. Just like container wars, american pickers and all the pawn shop shows. Bout the only real one left is worlds dumbest.

Old 03-11-2014, 04:02 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Originally Posted by jkeaton
It is not real though it is based on real life experiences, everything on the show is staged. I used to watch until I found this out. Just like container wars, american pickers and all the pawn shop shows. Bout the only real one left is worlds dumbest.
So in other words, it's close enough to real that it could have happened? Cuz I know that Lizard Lick Towing is a real company. But the stuff they put on film is all staged but based on real life? Hmm... Interesting. Well I like it anyways...

I'm getting a new hands-free setup. Can't wait for it to show up, it's a pretty slick setup. If it gets here soon enough I will have some driving videos of fairly good quality to put up when I tow with the Dodge here.

Old 03-11-2014, 04:45 PM
stewie01
Legend

We all know how much you hate smart phones, but I can record video in full 1080p...

Old 03-11-2014, 04:48 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

I can record full 720P on mine, and I can take pictures in full HD. It also records videos in stereo (has two mics)

Old 03-11-2014, 08:58 PM
Jigabop
Champion

We need to invade canadia and take all their 22lr ammo! lol

The USA is going through a 22lr ammo drought, meanwhile in canadia they have more than they know what to do with sitting on the shelves at their local cabelas! >.<

Old 03-11-2014, 09:04 PM
stewie01
Legend

Just order from Canada!

Old 03-11-2014, 09:37 PM
Jigabop
Champion

Originally Posted by stewie01
Just order from Canada!
Gee nobody has ever thought of that before!

Name:  booo_zpse16229d8.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  17.8 KB

You can't ship or move ammo across the border without a permit from the BATFE and paying export/import taxes on them and getting them through customs.

you can only move 200rds of ammo duty free across the border for "hunting" for 1500rds for "competition shooting" but you have to show proof you are going to a well known competition...

which means just 1 of those boxes is more ammo than you are allowed to move across the border.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread