2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 10:35 AM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rebels post above mine kinda hinted towards it.... Or so I thought...

Old 03-12-2014, 11:37 AM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

could totally smuggle ammo across the border with that thing

Old 03-12-2014, 11:53 AM
renardk764
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 03-12-2014, 12:28 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ Fark yea!

That thing is NICE...

Although Jigabop would throw a fit over the CAI on a diesel

Old 03-12-2014, 12:34 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

If you have ever watched any you tube videos of those insane Saudie Arabian drifters, I always wondered how they could get away with what they are doing, well apparently, if they get caught, the penalties can be a bit harsh.....think if they did this here???

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/06/28/s...riding-deaths/

Old 03-12-2014, 01:06 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Received 3,385 Likes on 3,125 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
If you have ever watched any you tube videos of those insane Saudie Arabian drifters, I always wondered how they could get away with what they are doing, well apparently, if they get caught, the penalties can be a bit harsh.....think if they did this here???

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/06/28/s...riding-deaths/
Not sure there is much of a difference between beheading by sword, and three thousand lashes. Aside from the time it takes to die........ Ouchie.

Old 03-12-2014, 01:36 PM
Rebel541
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beheaded for a joyriding accident? Seems rather harsh, but so does cutting off a hand for theft. I'm just a soft American I guess.
I can see how my post could be taken as saying Obama is a muslim, so I'll clarify. I do not believe that he subscribes to any strict traditional faith at all. I think he was reported to attend a unitarian universalist church, which as far as I know, is one of the places that believes that there are many paths to God, or Allah, or enlightenment, and you can find your own way. His personal faith or lack thereof makes no difference to me.
I was referring to the quote by NASA administrator Charles Bolden that was in the news a few years back where he said that Obama had told him one of his top priorities was "to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science, math, and engineering."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/s...feel-good.html

Last edited by Rebel541; 03-12-2014 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:46 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Rebel541
Beheaded for a joyriding accident? Seems rather harsh, but so does cutting off a hand for theft. I'm just a soft American I guess.
I can see how my post could be taken as saying Obama is a muslim, so I'll clarify. I do not believe that he subscribes to any strict traditional faith at all. I think he was reported to attend a unitarian universalist church, which as far as I know, is one of the places that believes that there are many paths to God, or Allah, or enlightenment, and you can find your own way. His personal faith or lack thereof makes no difference to me.
I was referring to the quote by NASA administrator Charles Bolden that was in the news a few years back where he said that Obama had told him one of his top priorities was "to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science, math, and engineering."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/s...feel-good.html
If you had read (and comprehended) the article, you would understand that the reason he was beheaded was because his drifting exhibition resulted in the deaths of a few people; at which point he fled. He was also responsible for the deaths of others in an earlier drifting incident.

I'm not defending the Saudis in any way, shape, or form. I am merely pointing out cause and effect.

Old 03-12-2014, 02:19 PM
Rebel541
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did indeed both read and comprehend that his recklessness had caused death. Being beheaded still seems harsh in comparison to our system of justice (or lack thereof).
Thanks for the helpful insight though.

Old 03-12-2014, 02:27 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Received 3,385 Likes on 3,125 Posts

Maybe we should take a lesson from the Saudis.....

This guy killed someone at an event, and ran off. Then, at another event, he kills two more, and runs off..... I am thinkin' he has had his chances.

Here though, a drunk driver can wipe out four people in one fell swoop, and get probation...... how is that in any way "Justice"?

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread