2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 05:58 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Waiting for the snow! Most of it will hit tomorrow evening but some during the day...

Old 02-11-2014, 06:05 PM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AppelH
I just thought I would let you know that your story may have saved me callin a tow truck. I was playing around in the snow and was tryin to get back into the road through a big berm, and promptly got stuck. After digging for like 20 minutes, I put blankets under the two rear tires and one of the front for traction. Worked like a charm.
I've used hay to get traction before. It works well too.

Originally Posted by AppelH
I don't think I have ever seen such a drastic change in temperature anywhere I have lived. 29 to 67 in less than a week? Is that normal?
Here it was -17* last night, supposed to be over 50* on the weekend...

Should be the last of negative temperatures this year, and I say good riddance lol...

Old 02-11-2014, 07:09 PM
stewie01
Legend

So we hit the local drive thru for lunch, the "metal clinging" noise I've had lately was amplified by the wall and it sounded more like a can of marbles, definitely a very "metaly" sound.

I'm thinking maybe a shock bolt may be lose (although it's no worse when driving over bumps and pot holes), it only happened when the truck was actually moving forward, doesn't make the noise when at a standstill.

Anything else I should be looking at that could be causing the noise? Remember, 2wd IFS...

With it only making noise while the truck is actually in motion (forward or backwards) I would think motor issues could be ruled out. Anything in the trans to make crazy noises?

Last edited by stewie01; 02-11-2014 at 07:12 PM.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:00 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,385 Likes on 3,125 Posts

Possibly U-joints, or dust shields on the front scraping on the rotors.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:22 PM
stewie01
Legend

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Possibly U-joints, or dust shields on the front scraping on the rotors.
Hhmm... May have to do some "creative" investigating to see if I can pinpoint where it's coming from. May have to get on the ground near the truck and have the wifey move it back and forward...

I did have some occasional scraping from the driver front dust shield, but this is a very different sound, doesn't mean that couldn't be the problem though.

I'll do a visual inspection of the U Joints.

Quite literally sounds like a metal can full of marbles on it's side rolling around...

Strange....

Old 02-11-2014, 09:59 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Originally Posted by stewie01
Hhmm... May have to do some "creative" investigating to see if I can pinpoint where it's coming from. May have to get on the ground near the truck and have the wifey move it back and forward...

I did have some occasional scraping from the driver front dust shield, but this is a very different sound, doesn't mean that couldn't be the problem though.

Quite literally sounds like a metal can full of marbles on it's side rolling around...

Strange....
Have you checked bearings? They can make some damnably weird noises...

Old 02-11-2014, 10:21 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01

Strange....
What color is the truck?

Yeah, that Wal Mart episode happened late last week. Pretty funny.

Old 02-11-2014, 10:22 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Some arsehole spammer got on DF...

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/members/273495-hardis.html

This guy is posting spam around the forum. Best get it under control before it gets out of control. I've seen his links and exact posts elsewhere. Idiot.

If you notice they are out of context.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/new-mem...dge-owner.html

Specially look at the title of his post: Several reasons for you to buy wow gold online

Old 02-11-2014, 10:42 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 68 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by aofarrell2
Some arsehole spammer got on DF...

...Specially look at the title of his post: Several reasons for you to buy wow gold online
Yup, I was about due to change the "wow gold" on my truck... just what I was looking for

Smack then SPAMMER down

Old 02-12-2014, 08:39 AM
ChillyPhil
All Star

What do you guys think of these things?
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pc...185f/overview/

I currently have 15x8 wheels with 3.75 backspacing but I want something to make my tire look alittle wider. I rather get 15x12s but they're alittle more. I think they'll go good with my truck and when I get bushwackers.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread