2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 11:51 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
^Dayam.
Whenever me and my dad load stuff on a trailer, we strap it together than strap that to the sides.

Also, how did you get them up there?
Do you have a claw??

The full car was rolled up and I removed the wheels. We rolled the shell on by pulling it with a tractor, after which it was pushed from behind. If you go back a couple of pages on that thread in the VW forum, you'll find where I had two shells loaded onto the trailer that I did by myself. My only help was gravity, chain, and knowing how to use physics

Old 09-06-2010, 11:53 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^Man, your crazy.

So, what are you going to do to **** off fellow Vee-Dub owners when all the scrap is gone????

Old 09-06-2010, 12:32 PM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

probably start tossing dodge parts

Old 09-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Gary-L
Legend

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
^Man, your crazy.

So, what are you going to do to **** off fellow Vee-Dub owners when all the scrap is gone????

I've tracked down a 1991 VW GTI that I'm going to make as a toy. It has an 8-valve engine nicknamed "The Rock Crusher" as they are indestructible. There was a sweet yellow GTI driven by some cute young thing at the Eureka Springs VW Show a couple of weekends ago that I'll bet she built. It was custom like no tomorrow without being gaudy, and I bet it could move. I'm going to cut the back end off of the last remaining Karmann Ghia I have and convert it into a trailer to tow behind the GTI for shows.

I also plan on getting into wood working. I used to do a lot of that when I was a teen, and it's easier/cleaner than being a grease monkey.

Old 09-06-2010, 06:18 PM
dakotas ram
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i wasnt crying because theyre rusty old crap cars......i was just figuring that you couldve gotten more money out of it..... when you go to eureka springs do you take i 40 and cut up at ozark?

Old 09-06-2010, 06:36 PM
Gary-L
Legend

Originally Posted by dakotas ram
i wasnt crying because theyre rusty old crap cars......i was just figuring that you couldve gotten more money out of it.....
Understood. It all boils down to time and effort, neither of which I have a lot of to invest. The bad economy has affected the car hobby, plus I need to move quickly on a lot of work for my house/property. I've made more than what I paid for those cars in keeping parts in circulation, so no big loss. The larger stuff I'm disposing off, while I'll be able to pack and store the smaller stuff to sell later.

when you go to eureka springs do you take i 40 and cut up at ozark?
I take I-44 to Tulsa and cut around on the Creek(?) Turnpike, thereby bypassing all of downtown Tulsa. I then jump on 412 straight to 23(?) and then to Eureka Springs.

Old 09-07-2010, 01:48 PM
lane
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well the guy who bought my truck had a 3 and a half hour drive in it to his house (it is NOT fit to drive but he wanted to try). he got about 50 km's from his house and lost the head gasket . Glad i didn't try to put it on the road... also glad he doesn't need the motor out of it.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:31 AM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker

I came across an excellent tool for understanding metric measurements:

Old 09-08-2010, 10:53 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion

Nice. I remember bringing that into one of my physics class a ways back. Good times.

I don't know why people have problems with the metric system. The only reason I haven't adopted it is because when I say it's 26* outside everyone looks at me like I'm nutters.

Honestly, who wouldn't want to deal with a system where 0* is freezing and 100* is boiling point of water?

The volumes I adopted a long time ago, but I still get looks when I spout off about it.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:12 AM
Gary-L
Legend

Originally Posted by Laramie1997
Nice. I remember bringing that into one of my physics class a ways back. Good times.

I don't know why people have problems with the metric system. The only reason I haven't adopted it is because when I say it's 26* outside everyone looks at me like I'm nutters.

Honestly, who wouldn't want to deal with a system where 0* is freezing and 100* is boiling point of water?

The volumes I adopted a long time ago, but I still get looks when I spout off about it.

True story -- The US tried to adopt the Metric system as far back as the early 1880's. Conversion is so much easier when moving the decimal up or down the number.

Americans who complain about the Metric system are complete *****.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread