2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 08:27 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^^ That build gave me a chub.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:00 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's going to be an awesome car to finally see when she comes home. Won't be another like it in the whole country

Old 09-05-2010, 09:28 PM
SplatSTi
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Twin turbo sweet
Only 650 hp on 3bs on boost? whats its potential? 1k?

Purpose of build? straight line racing? ok, boring.. I hope your going to upgrade brakes and suspension too.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:39 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion

Yea, right there around that 1000 mark or so.

Primary purpose of Jim's Challenger is show/street car. Not built for running down the track or taking insane corners. Not saying it wont be at the track a lot though. He just bought a 24' enclosed trailer for the thing with enough room to store a full drag trim setup.

As for suspension and braking, not much is being done. Honestly, you really can't do that much to these new pony cars like you could in the old days. Anything more than a set of urethane bushings is a mild upgrade. I'm sure that a new set of Brembos will be in the car's future, but we can't go larger than what's on it now or a smaller wheel will not fit over the rotors.

Old 09-06-2010, 12:57 AM
dakotas ram
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
3,306lbs of scrap hauled in today @ $5/100-lbs. A new personal best and the old girl hauled it like a champ! I had a few hundred pounds of scrap in the bed as well.

i find it hard to believe that you couldnt get more than $165 out of that on craigslist

Old 09-06-2010, 09:11 AM
Gary-L
Legend

Originally Posted by dakotas ram
i find it hard to believe that you couldnt get more than $165 out of that on craigslist

1) There are all kinds of freaks here, in Oklahoma, who all want to trade guns; goats, knick-knacks; baseball cars; and misc other crap for whatever you're trying to sell on Craigslist.

2) I want it all gone, NOW and not have to deal with people.

3) If it bothers you so much, bring your happy *** up here and buy the next load I'll be hauling.

I'll tell you the same thing I tell everyone on the Samba -- it's all steel and glass. Who cares?

Last edited by Gary-L; 09-06-2010 at 10:01 AM.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:25 AM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker

lol here we go.........

Old 09-06-2010, 11:36 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^Yeah, I said the same thing when I read that.
Just wondering, how do you keep your stuff on that trailer??
It looks like its kinda hap-hazardly thrown on there...

Old 09-06-2010, 11:46 AM
Gary-L
Legend

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
^Yeah, I said the same thing when I read that.
Just wondering, how do you keep your stuff on that trailer??
It looks like its kinda hap-hazardly thrown on there...
Glad you asked, as I am ultra-vigilant when it comes to securing a load onto a trailer.

First, the bottom vehicle is primarily weighed down with all of the scrap that's tossed inside of it. I packed everything in such a way so that it interlocks and cannot fall out. The shell on the back of the trailer was set on top with the rear apron resting on the trailer just before the dovetail. I then ran a thick strap over the rockers and secured each end to the pockets on the trailer and cranked it down to literally become "one" with the other car and the trailer. I cranked it so tight that the roof was caving in on the bottom vehicle.

The black clip was set atop the bottom most car so that it "locked". I then ran my come-along from the front of the trailer, attached to a chain, through the windshield area of that black clip and then attached it to another chain, which was run through that shell and hooked to the back of the trailer. The come-along was cranked down enough to cause the dash on the clip to buckle. I then ran a strap through the underside of the clip since there was no longer a fuel tank in there. That was secured to either side of the trailer.

The extra straps paid off, because when we got to the scrap yard we discovered that there was enough bouncing along the way to cause the hook on the rear of the trailer to become undone and come to rest on the dovetail.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:49 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^Dayam.
Whenever me and my dad load stuff on a trailer, we strap it together than strap that to the sides.

Also, how did you get them up there?
Do you have a claw??

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread