2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 12:01 AM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SplatSTi
So, I was looking at ordering parts/tuning for my 2005 Subaru STi and I was looking through P&L Motoracing's video's, these guys are the main tuner for Subarus for Ohio, we drive to IL for it.

Anyways.. look what I found!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKkGwG9V-5k
I don't care what anyone else says, but I would totally rock that truck!! I'm a sucker for flames as most of you know so it catches my eye.... my kids even holler and point out any flames they see on anything lol...

Old 09-03-2010, 10:21 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgeram07
i wish it was a 180

but i got a Lincoln sp-125 i still need to get a bottle and hose for it

has much was your bottle?
186$ for the 40, it's the one that's a little over knee high.

That 125 should do up to 1/4 " nicely.

This is the thread I started for when I got my welder. It has pictures of the pressure washer cart that I converted into a welding cart and my practice welds on there. You'll see how the difference between flux core wire and solid wire is pretty drastic.
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/off-top...ch-welder.html

Old 09-03-2010, 11:43 AM
dodgeram07
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

186 wow!!!!!!!!!!! and i still got to buy a hose and vavle to go form the welder to the tank...oh well

Old 09-03-2010, 11:58 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion

The Pro Mig 180 comes with a hose and regulator.
I'm just sayin...

Oh, I also dropped 200$ on all the wire and boxes and stuff needed to properly run a 240v outlet from the breaker box to the end of the house where I do my welding and to make a heavy duty 30' extension cord.
I bought too much wire though, so I could have saved some money but I don't think your can return unused wire.

Last edited by Sheriff420; 09-03-2010 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:07 AM
Gary-L
Legend

3,306lbs of scrap hauled in today @ $5/100-lbs. A new personal best and the old girl hauled it like a champ! I had a few hundred pounds of scrap in the bed as well.

Old 09-05-2010, 10:03 AM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker

How many VW owners did you **** off with that load??

srsly though, where the HELL do you get all this vw/ghia stuff? Is this all stuff you had layin around? I'm a bit of a packrat myself but dayum lol

Old 09-05-2010, 10:51 AM
Gary-L
Legend

Originally Posted by Maxx_Magnum
How many VW owners did you **** off with that load??
Unknown. Click here to see my post and then follow the thread. Since it's a long weekend, it may be a while before some people post.

srsly though, where the HELL do you get all this vw/ghia stuff? Is this all stuff you had layin around? I'm a bit of a packrat myself but dayum lol
The two Super Beetle (the rather complete car and shell) came from a friend. We were going to do a body swap until he discovered the complete car was more rusted than he thought. He wanted to keep it because it has an original sunroof. I told him to scrap it all because he has two project cars in his barn, two more in the garage, a Karmann Ghia waiting in the wings, two Busses, and another Super that he needs to dump. Inside the complete car was the remnants of a 1969 from my collection, and then that early clip. I've collected a lot of stuff over the years to keep original parts in circulation; however, my priorities in life have changed, and since I don't have the time or inclination to try and salvage everything to try and sell, it's just easier and more convenient to scrap it all

Old 09-05-2010, 10:57 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
I've collected a lot of stuff over the years to keep original parts in circulation; however, my priorities in life have changed, and since I don't have the time or inclination to try and salvage everything to try and sell, it's just easier and more convenient to scrap it all
At least you get the satisfaction of going outside to drink your morning coffee and seeing a nice clean yard.

Old 09-05-2010, 11:12 AM
Gary-L
Legend

^^ It is rather nice, plus I am planning to sell this place and move to town. Living in the sticks and owning an acreage just don't work out for me anymore.

Old 09-05-2010, 08:24 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion

How about some updated pictures of the challenger build? Bet you guys forgot about that bad boy.

Engine being built:

Coil Pack covers:

Motor fitted to the car:

Turbos:

The video below IS NOT the same challenger! It is owned by another guy who is getting basically the same build as Jim is, but without all the dress up items. Note that when Steve says low boost, he means around 3PSI on a motor capable of handling over 30 pounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYutW...feature=autofb

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread