2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 09:09 PM
BackwoodsRam
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

shreveport craigslist > for sale / wanted > video gaming
please flag with care: [?]

miscategorized
prohibited
spam/overpost
best of craigslist

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
1 human soul for sale - $300 (Minden)

Date: 2011-08-01, 7:14PM CDT
Reply to: sale-tsqsm-2525148619@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

selling my soul because i never use it and i really don't have any use for it. I only have 1 soul to sale folks i will take 300 bucks for it OR BEST OFFER. you even get a certificate i will sign.
email me for more questions.
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 2525148619

Old 08-01-2011, 09:10 PM
BackwoodsRam
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

heres the link if you dont belive me
http://shreveport.craigslist.org/vgm/2525148619.html

Old 08-01-2011, 09:56 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Originally Posted by 98BIGRED5.9Gas
heres the link if you dont belive me
http://shreveport.craigslist.org/vgm/2525148619.html
What's really funny is, someone will buy it.....

Old 08-02-2011, 12:41 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Old 08-02-2011, 08:07 PM
seabass202
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you should have seen her 15 years ago..someone please post a pic. amazing transformation.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:04 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Here's a selection. Not many are dated, but, from my perspective, she is one hot lady in all of them.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:36 PM
drewactual
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

she graduated from East Tennessee State University about the time I was getting out of the Marine Corps.. They have a major there in Bluegrass.. no kidding.. they also have a major in 'Appalachian Story Telling'.. again, no kidding.. anyway:

she frequented a joint in downtown Johnson City called the 'downhome'.. they had some big names pass through that joint over the years.. it was a fave of Americana musicians, and they would often slip in under different names during the week between other gigs in the region.. there was some pretty unlikely collaboration of artist in that place.. this may have been one of those 'you had to be there' stories though..

so, Allison was a chunky gal with a very sweet voice, but was always being prodded to 'sing to the audience, not just yourself'.. but let me tell you, that fiddle is not a prop.. she can play it like you wouldn't believe.. THAT, is how she caught the eyes and ears of the movers and shakers.. not to say she couldn't sing (my GOD she can sing), but she was so shy and meek she never belted it out..

she disappeared..

I was into the music scene at one point just after getting out of the service.. I've even sessioned with some well known people.. I learned pretty quick though, that I'm not near that caliber.. not even close.. Poor Ray Wilie Hubbard took pity on me this time last year and took me aside to show me a new finger picking progression in effort to add some life to my music.. well, I'm still defense contracting.

anywayagain:

My mom REALLY liked Allison's voice and her style of music.. She would hear songs and say: "that would be a great song for Allison", or "that sounds like Allison wrote it" (speaking of the music).. then one day on the radio Allison really was singing.. My mom called me that weekend and told me.. I thought she had to be mistaken- but it wasn't long after that I heard her, I heard of her collaborating with Dolly, Rosanne, and Emmylou.. with that kind of horsepower behind you, you're destined for big things..

whodathunkit, huh?

here is some video evidence of Ray Wilie tryin' to teach me how to play that stringed box.. it's near the bitter end of the video.. this was at a songwriting workshop in Wimberly Texas, July '10..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id8wCcacLpI

well hell- I didn't realize it until I posted the clip: the still frame on the clip is Ray teaching me his finger picking method..

Last edited by drewactual; 08-02-2011 at 09:39 PM.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:28 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i was thinking about buying a guitar. is this a good price.
http://cgi.ebay.com/DOCTOR-Os-1-MILL...item3f0c65a987

Old 08-06-2011, 01:44 PM
drewactual
Champion

Originally Posted by dhvaughan
i was thinking about buying a guitar. is this a good price.
http://cgi.ebay.com/DOCTOR-Os-1-MILL...item3f0c65a987

dude, WTF? That fits the subject, no?

I was in Hill Country Guitars last year, and teh cheapest guitar I held was a Taylor 12 string, @ $1200.. the average price in that place was likely $12~$15k.. One guitar was $45k.. it was a Martin of extreme vintage and perfect condition.. http://www.hillcountryguitars.com/index.asp

Of all the guitars I own, I play a Seagull more often than any of them.. an old s-6 bought in the mid eighties w/ a five digit serial number.. I paid $200 for it then, and thought THAT was expensive..

truly, WTF?

Old 08-06-2011, 01:49 PM
drewactual
Champion

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread