2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 08:56 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 10-06-2011, 09:03 AM
drewactual
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
The last president who spoke plainly and told the truth was tossed out on his *** in 1980 -- because we found the plain truth depressing.
at this point, one side has learned from the other side their nasty versions of tricks to manipulate.. It's to the point that, other than the party affiliation, where an individual liar, uhem 'politician', stands is increasingly difficult to identify.. a matter of fact, I've met hard line 'republicans', talked with them, just to discover most of the basis they argue is a democratic position, and the flip of that is also true..

we live in a sound bite age, where the briefest 5~8 second explanations are accepted, and is something others can retain to sound 'informed' and intelligent.. we get our 5~8 second sound bites in rapid succession, and then we move on to sports or some other organized distraction.. all the while, watching the demise in slow motion without any comprehension of what's taking place..

there was a period of time, which ended before i was born, but, a time when families would choose the topic of conversation instead of flip on the tube, and hash out fundamental agreements.. then they would carry that into the community where it would be presented as a position, then the community would select a foundation to best represent the region, which the politicians at the time would pick up on, and represent the community on that dang hill.. that time is gone..

nobody will look too deep into agendas, and are quick to chastise someone who does.. twits like Rush on one side, Meher on the other, attempt to present opinion and commentary as news.. it's effective.. furthermore, the networks no longer present news, but commentary instead.. at this point in the game, the parties rule.. and the same party you support in your area supposedly represent the same 'ideals' the opposing party I support in my area do- because the foundation is fluid, and bent to support the audience spoken to.. it's not indicative of it's true nature..

this is what it's come to in my opinion..

Old 10-06-2011, 10:20 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,269 Likes on 3,016 Posts

Aside from a couple minor issues, there is very little difference between the two parties in any event. Sad to say, I voted for Obama, as I didn't want a continuation of republican economic/foreign policy. What did I get? A continuation of republican economic/foreign policy..... I won't be voting for him again. I just hope there is some viable alternative that I won't have to go and immediately soak my hands in gasoline, and light them on fire after voting for him......

Old 10-06-2011, 10:26 AM
drewactual
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the true question, and then I'll get off my soap box, is "when is the last time you voted FOR someone?"... Every time I've EVER voted (with exception of friends in local races) I've voted against someone, and accepted the lessor evil..

Old 10-06-2011, 10:28 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by drewactual
the true question, and then I'll get off my soap box, is "when is the last time you voted FOR someone?"... Every time I've EVER voted (with exception of friends in local races) I've voted against someone, and accepted the lessor evil..
Valid point. Which I find rather disturbing that it has come to this point.......

Old 10-06-2011, 12:09 PM
redneckrocket38
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I truly believe that until we get every last one of those crooked, lying, manipulating, do for themselves a-holes out of there we will not recover. I HATE career politicians with a passion.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:12 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by redneckrocket38
I truly believe that until we get every last one of those crooked, lying, manipulating, do for themselves a-holes out of there we will not recover. I HATE career politicians with a passion.
And I suspect that isn't going to happen until AFTER they have thoroughly screwed up this country. (which they are well on their way to doing in any event.) I fully expect an economic collapse within ten years.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:53 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lookit what I found!

DodgeForum.com>Off Topic>Political and Religious Talk

Old 10-06-2011, 02:02 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
Lookit what I found!

DodgeForum.com>Off Topic>Political and Religious Talk
Whattaya sayin' their VW? This IS after all the "Daily WTF" thread.... I think washington falls into that category quite handily.

I am not sure it is POSSIBLE to go off-topic here.......

Old 10-06-2011, 02:15 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
Lookit what I found!
You just noticed your signature block?

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread