2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 02:34 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2x1972
Bah. If it ain't got snow on it 12 months outa the year it ain't a mountain.
Bah!

Old 02-25-2012, 02:45 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

See, I am used to seeing this every day of my life, since I can remember.

Since moving to Louisiana, I see nothing, in every direction...

That is Mt. Ranier, in Washington state.

Last edited by Wombat Ranger; 02-25-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:53 PM
PapaG
Veteran

One of the guys I met when I started flying powered parachutes lives out in Washington state. He sent me a CD a couple of years ago with pics he had taken while flying. I would LOVE to come out there and fly! The scenery through Washington and Oregon looks absolutely beautiful. If I can dig out the CD I will post a couple of aerial pics of Mt Ranier you would appreciate.

Old 02-25-2012, 02:58 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PapaG
Actually I live at the foot of Whitetop Mountain and just down the road from Mt. Rogers which are the two highest peaks in Virginia. (Does that count? Lol)
It's all relative, I guess. Out here we'd call those things foothills -- the floor of my garage is a mite higher than the summit of Mt. Rogers.

Old 02-25-2012, 02:58 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

One of the guys I met when I started flying powered parachutes lives out in Washington state. He sent me a CD a couple of years ago with pics he had taken while flying. I would LOVE to come out there and fly! The scenery through Washington and Oregon looks absolutely beautiful. If I can dig out the CD I will post a couple of aerial pics of Mt Ranier you would appreciate.
That would be pretty sweet! I would love to go back there and, well, live there haha I'm so sick of this place.

Glad you "got" my joke

I have gotten a lot of negative responses when I talk about the "Great Smokey Hills" that I got to go out and see last thanksgiving.

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
It's all relative, I guess. Out here we'd call those things foothills -- the floor of my garage is a mite higher than the summit of Mt. Rogers.
Exactly!

Old 02-25-2012, 03:16 PM
PapaG
Veteran

Originally Posted by 2x1972
That would be pretty sweet! I would love to go back there and, well, live there haha I'm so sick of this place.

Glad you "got" my joke

I have gotten a lot of negative responses when I talk about the "Great Smokey Hills" that I got to go out and see last thanksgiving.

Exactly!
I will see if I can hunt that CD down in a little bit, it has some AWESOME shots.
It's funny though, I'm actually kinda glad the elevation here isn't higher. For some reason whenever I'm on the ground driving a large change in elevation drives my ears/hearing aids nuts, BUT when I'm flying (non-pressurized cabin or no cabin at all. ) I don't have any problem with the change in elevation. I always thought that was kinda weird...
It's been quite a few years since I have seen the scenery out west...need a road trip!!

Old 02-25-2012, 03:25 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

I will see if I can hunt that CD down in a little bit, it has some AWESOME shots.
It's funny though, I'm actually kinda glad the elevation here isn't higher. For some reason whenever I'm on the ground driving a large change in elevation drives my ears/hearing aids nuts, BUT when I'm flying (non-pressurized cabin or no cabin at all. ) I don't have any problem with the change in elevation. I always thought that was kinda weird...
It's been quite a few years since I have seen the scenery out west...need a road trip!!
Chew gum, it helps.

Old 02-25-2012, 03:26 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

Man I could use a road trip too...

Old 02-26-2012, 11:05 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

On Friday, I grenaded the engine in my Crown Vic. You guys know me and how I am with vehicles, but it's funny how one person gets his panties all in a wad about how I should never be allowed near a vehicle ever again. Based on my searches of that forum, there are a lot of what I call Keyboard Mechanics -- people who consider bolting new wheels or installing a CAI "mad mechanical skills". Mention rebuilding an engine and they shoot it down, claiming it would be too expensive

Last edited by Gary-L; 02-26-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:41 AM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread