2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 11:46 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
On Friday, I grenaded the engine in my Crown Vic. You guys know me and how I am with vehicles, but it's funny how one person gets his panties all in a wad about how I should never be allowed near a vehicle ever again. Based on my searches of that forum, there are a lot of what I call Keyboard Mechanics -- people who consider bolting new wheels or installing a CAI "mad mechanical skills". Mention rebuilding an engine and they shoot it down, claiming it would be too expensive
Oooopsie..... I am thinking your engine prolly isn't gonna be rebuildable. I suspect parts that are never supposed to see the light of day... managed to escape thru a hole in the block. If your bud has a rebuildable core, that would be great. Should be able to salvage the top end at least.... I would rebuild them anyway though.... (valve guides and such.....)

4.6 liter???? Really? Gee... maybe time to upgrade to a 5.0??

Old 02-26-2012, 12:20 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Oooopsie..... I am thinking your engine prolly isn't gonna be rebuildable. I suspect parts that are never supposed to see the light of day... managed to escape thru a hole in the block. If your bud has a rebuildable core, that would be great. Should be able to salvage the top end at least.... I would rebuild them anyway though.... (valve guides and such.....)

4.6 liter???? Really? Gee... maybe time to upgrade to a 5.0??
Yep. We'll have enough bits to build a good engine, and naturally everything that is questionable or "consumable" will be replaced or refreshed. No way in hell do I want a 5.0. The 4.6L has a lot of pep and achieves impressive mileage considering it's an 8-cylinder.

Old 02-26-2012, 12:40 PM
dlyter09
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
Yep. We'll have enough bits to build a good engine, and naturally everything that is questionable or "consumable" will be replaced or refreshed. No way in hell do I want a 5.0. The 4.6L has a lot of pep and achieves impressive mileage considering it's an 8-cylinder.

I see you were thinking of zman in your thread on the crown vic forum. Kinda slick to slide that one in there!

That one guy over there seems to be quite a quack. He acts like hes some sort of GOD! You seem to have the same attitude towards that motor that I had when my 98 Cobra was starting to get issues. But my oil pressure gauge was good even after I threw a few rods through the bottom end of it.. But my gauge was good so I should blame it on that right? LOL... It sucks it happend but oh well man.. Shi* happens like you said. It aint the end of the world

Old 02-26-2012, 01:01 PM
Gary-L
Legend

Originally Posted by dlyter09
I see you were thinking of zman in your thread on the crown vic forum. Kinda slick to slide that one in there!
I did? Where?

That one guy over there seems to be quite a quack. He acts like hes some sort of GOD! You seem to have the same attitude towards that motor that I had when my 98 Cobra was starting to get issues. But my oil pressure gauge was good even after I threw a few rods through the bottom end of it.. But my gauge was good so I should blame it on that right? LOL... It sucks it happend but oh well man.. Shi* happens like you said. It aint the end of the world
Pretty much. Hell, I've run my Dodge down to almost 1.5 quarts and it hardly phased the engine --- a true testament to the Doge design!

What kills me is the number of threads there where everyone states that the oil pressure gauges can't be trusted, yet when I blow the engine I get chastised for not heeding the warnings mine presented.

Old 02-26-2012, 01:27 PM
dlyter09
Champion

You mentioned something about a 1 legged man in an *** kicking competition on the second page there.. And yea my trucks have been run down atleast 2 quarts and have been ragged on hard with no problems. That Cobra I had never lost any oil and the motor still blew chunks. And those arent to much different of a design than the regular 4.6's.

Edit: Here it is

Right now, I'm pretty much busier than a one-legged man in an ***-kicking contest placing a close second.

Old 02-26-2012, 01:32 PM
Gary-L
Legend

You mentioned something about a 1 legged man in an *** kicking competition on the second page there.. And yea my trucks have been run down atleast 2 quarts and have been ragged on hard with no problems. That Cobra I had never lost any oil and the motor still blew chunks. And those arent to much different of a design than the regular 4.6's.

Edit: Here it is

Right now, I'm pretty much busier than a one-legged man in an ***-kicking contest placing a close second.

I didn't even think of that! Good catch.

I'll keep you all apprised of my progress once I get it yanked.

Old 02-26-2012, 01:34 PM
dlyter09
Champion

Yea and remember.. We really like pictures

Old 02-26-2012, 02:34 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would love to see that guy come over here and try to talk like that. What a goof.

Old 02-26-2012, 03:03 PM
07Chuck
Rookie
Old 02-26-2012, 03:25 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 07Chuck
I would need a new pair of pants after that!!! Lucky it hit off to the side, it almost nailed the driver! He/she got lucky.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread